• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Vlasky going global BATs

Started by Vlasky, February 09, 2013, 08:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Thanks, I'll keep it to myself that it's a great picture!! $%Grinno$%

Well done.

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Looking great  &apls  Seeing your work I'm not surprised jasoncw has influenced and helped you. Indeed his work is fantastic and I'm glad he was able to help your work get so great  :thumbsup:

Vlasky

APSMS: thank you and yeah, too blue too flat. Working on it :O
Swordmaster: Thanks Willy!
noahclem: without Jason, I'm really in the dog house of BATting. That guy has superpowers when it comes to modelling!

Now, I must show you my break from the frustrating glass issues. It's the adaptation of HINDENBURG!! Hindenburg anyone? :P

My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

Delecto

Yes Hindenburg!!!  :thumbsup:

Je suis pour!

noahclem

That's awesome  &apls  Not sure what inspired you to create such an obscure thing but I'm glad it did  :D  I could have all kinds of fun with this!

EDIT: By obscure I meant zeppelins in SC4, not that the Hindenburg is itself an obscure thing  &mmm

Bipin

As far as the subject matter goes for BATs, this is quite unique. Thus, I love it!

APSMS

Quote from: Vlasky on October 29, 2013, 07:43:40 AM
Now, I must show you my break from the frustrating glass issues. It's the adaptation of HINDENBURG!! Hindenburg anyone? :P

Absolutely! There is a large Zeppelin BAT on the STEX now, but it's shaped weird and has some flat textures (I know its an airship and is gray and all, but the textures on the existing one compared to preview you just showed us don't even compare). Thanks for filling the gap.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Vlasky

Delecto: Je suis un petite chemize  :P
noahclem: I just love zeppelins. I think they're hot and futuristic and needless to say impressive. Always wanted a good one in game.
Bipin: TY Bipino!
APSMS: Thank you and you're welcome. Yeah the ones on STEX are done eraly on, so not quite up to today's standards, but I'll try to fix that. I have some more work to do on it so that it doesn't looks like low poly thing, but I expect it to be done soon :)

Now, you guys over here at sc4d might have or have not heard of NYBT's Art Deco Month over at the Simtropolis.

In case you haven't seen it already, visit here for info about it: http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/60268-nybt-art-deco-month/

Now as a part of it I am finishing (and hopefully uploading by the end of the month) Maritime Exchange. I have done some work on the little corner building next to it (so that we have a nice full w2w lot):

Also, especially for this event, I've started to work on the Squibb building, also known as 745 Fifth Avenue. This is my progress so far:

My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Vlasky

Thank you Aaron!

I have revealed that I am working on the Empire State Building. Here's my 'study' of the massing and also my first detailed work:

kelis

You must be kidding...  :o I can't wait to see more progress of this masterpiece, Looks perfect so far...
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Swordmaster

Yes! Very, very good!

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Great news that you'll be applying your considerable talents to one of the greatest buildings in the world!

art128

ESB! Finally we'll  have another version than Maxis' that is of incresbily high quality!

Little question concerning it: When you'll be at the night lights. Do you think it'll be possible to make different illumination for the top? Like how it is light differently around the year (St Patrick, Halloween, Christmas,4th July  etc)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

APSMS

Perhaps a timed or seasonal prop might allow this to happen?

It would/should be far simpler than trying to make an animated windmill BAT. Of course, I have yet to learn how to make in-game models/mod stuff, so this could be more involved...

Still, implementation shouldn't be too complicated with some help from more knowledgeable members. It'd definitely make it a distinctive BAT, for sure!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Swordmaster

I'm posting again but I just realized. . . zeppelin and ESB on the same page. . .  ;D ;D

Cheers
Willy

Aaron Graham

Oh my I hope to see more of this. :O
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

vester

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 24, 2013, 04:56:57 AM
I'm posting again but I just realized. . . zeppelin and ESB on the same page. . .  ;D ;D

ESB ? Extra Special Bitter ?

Empire State Building looks great.

Well some ESB for the ESB and the zeppelin:

Terring7

A new Empire State Building and Zeppelin?

Let me get a sit and watch :thumbsup:

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Vlasky

Well isn't this an amazing surprise. Just after I though nobody cares (little response after initial post) this truly amazing response happens. Thank you sc4devotion for making my day! :)

kelis: thank you!
Swordmaster: Willy, in this short time I have realized you are a true friend. Your support is very appreciated.
noahclem: Thank you Noah for your compliments.
art128 and APSMS: Yes that shouldn't be very hard to do. It requires simply changing the color of the light that have to be there anyhow. Now rendering so many models eill require much more additional time, but I might even have solution for that. And yeah, seasonal props are the answer I believe. So, I can't promise 100% but I will try my best to do that. :)
Aaron Graham: Thanks buddy

Now, zeppelin and ESB, where do you guys Terring7, vester, Swordmaster get these cray cray cray ideas??
This one's for ya Willy!

ps Willy, this posting of 'secret' pictures is becoming our thing, isn't it? :P lol
I made that render immediately after I finished that 'study'

I don't have progress on the ESB, but I did work on the Hindenburg in the mean time. This is very close to how it will look in game. I think I'm almost done with it:

ANd I think I'm done with the day version of Maritime Exchange building as well. I couldn't pull of the blinds, but I think glass looks much better. If you have any advice how to make it look even better, please say so:

Oh yeah, that means that its little neighbor is completely done. Here it is at zoom 5: