• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

4 Unlimited Cities - Mod

Started by Tolsome, August 28, 2007, 03:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

So just to be sure I understand clearly ( and let me assure that I don't want to be rude, just straight to the point )

And I still don't get if you're planning a mod ( which I thought it was seeing your first post, which from my point of view was just a reskinning of the SC4 Region interface ) or a frontend launcher for SC4 ( based on your last post )
This is clearly not the same at all, and to say the least very confusing for me.
And if you do not know about C/C++ or any others programming language and want to do a frontend, what do you expect to do on a everyday basis ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Tolsome

uff...
Why you confused?
There is nothing, that explain, that I do only the fronted launcher or a new design (SC4 Region Interface, ingame interface, etc.)
I want to make the launcher AND a new design. Two things. AND: It is a mod, too, because I must copy the .pngs from the simcity_1.dat to a new .dat (modding it for the new design).

So, now explain me, what is here so difficult?
I want to make a very helpful launcher and a new nice interface for you all.

wouanagaine

Quote from: Tolsome on February 06, 2008, 02:05:34 PM
uff...
Why you confused?
Because you want 2 things, and I didn't get that until you explicitly write it :)

Quote from: Tolsome on February 06, 2008, 02:05:34 PM
So, now explain me, what is here so difficult?
I want to make a very helpful launcher and a new nice interface for you all.
There is nothing difficult, and even if a nicer interface is not my cup of tea, a new frontend will certainly be helpfull
You just have to find a programmer ( not me, I'm buzy )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Tolsome

yes, a programmer would be very helpful.  :D :) ;)
And the new interface/design is very hard to make and need lot of time. Unfortunately I have only good knowledge about photoshop and a only a little bit with the iLive Reader and to things, but not good enough to make it completly at my own. When you have not a enough time, maybe, you know someone, that he can help me. :)

jplumbley

Tolsome it sounds to me you have started some ambitious projects without any knowledge for what is actually invovled.  Sure, you can play with photoshop to add a new skin for the User Interface, or make new textures for a RAM set, but if you dont know how to physically get them made into the game why are you starting these projects publically?  There are people out there that do know what to do and if they were ready to do something like you have suggested they would have started already, or you should ask someone via PM that knows what to do before starting a public thread getting peoples hopes up when you are never going to finish the job.  Please, if you have ever released anything of this scale before or comparable proove me wrong but I havent found anything on the STEX under your name nor anything on the LEX under your name, which leads me to believe you have never finished a project you have started.

BTW, I dont know how you can assume yourself "RAM Team Leader" when you have made only one post in the RAM Private Topics and not participated in the main Private Thread.  As a team we have not elected a leader, and one will probably never be chosen. 
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

yogosun

dude get the sim mars team to help
i like fish fish GLUB GLUB!!

darraghf

this look like a really good modd keepn up the work
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

jeronij

Why revive an old dead thread....  ::) ? .... locked.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary