• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Transit Retexturing Project - Development

Started by deathtopumpkins, October 17, 2008, 04:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toichus Maximus

I was talking to diggis about getting them set up in an SAM oriented override set. I needed the texture ranges from you guys, for starts.

sithlrd98

I wondered what was going on with your project! I thought these were just texture overides for the GLR ,which means just copying the instances.
Jayson

deathtopumpkins

No offense, but didn't you have your own thread?  ??? Just wondering how this pertains to my TRP thread...  ;)

Oh, and I'm still sitting here converting .fsh files, in the little bits of time I haven't spent on other stuff. I just haven't had much time lately, sorry.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Toichus Maximus

Oh, I was offering to send you the files since they are just collecting dust in my project.

deathtopumpkins

Oh! :D sure, just send me a PM with what exactly you were doing and I'll see if I can work on it.  :)

Haljackey

Hey DTP since your active here once again may I ask how this is coming along?

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on November 02, 2008, 06:48:40 PM
Well after some discussion with haljackey in chat, I've got an updated orthogonal texture for FHW:

The line spacing is based off of photos of the 401 in Ontario.
The final version should be available with or without the shoulder, if I can manage it.

Also, have you thought about reskinning the two new NAM highway interchanges with the asphalt highway mod? 

Sorry for all the questions, just wondering how you've been progressing.  :P

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

I actually had a sudden realisation of what I was doing wrong yesterday, and should have an ortho version of your shouldered one working soon.  ;)
As for reskinning the new interchanges with the asphalt highway mod, I'll see what I can do. I do believe I might need its creator's permission to distribute it though.

Haljackey

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on January 28, 2009, 03:30:57 PM
I do believe I might need its creator's permission to distribute it though.

Trovin?  He hasn't been active in years, so I don't think you'll get his permission.  I'm sure he wouldn't care, or you could just list the mod as a dependency.
-Then again, I don't know a lot about this stuff :P

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

Yeah, listing it as a dependency would probably do it.

And he is still reachable. When we were debating the HAM recently un1 contacted him about incorporating his textures and we got a quick response in the affirmative.

LE0

For elevated MAxis Hiway IMO there should be lighter concrete textures than ground networks, because I havent seen  blacktop pavement on bridges. Just my input. ;)
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Swamper77

Leo,

For that to work, the models for the Elevated Highway would have to be edited to point to the lighter set of textures. Maxis used the one set of highway textures on both their Elevated and Ground Highway models.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

deathtopumpkins

That's an interesting idea, but around here they do often pave elevated highways with asphalt, and then there's the slight complication Swamper mentioned...  ;)

sim-al2

Stupid question, but where are the models for the EL-FHW stored anyway? :-[
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Swamper77

In "SimCity_1.dat", along with all the other game models. There's only building models in "EP1.dat" for the Rush Hour buildings. The other SimCity DAT files only have images stored in them.

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

sim-al2

::) I figured that, but I've never actually seen them in there. I guess I haven't looked hard enough.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Swamper77

Quote from: sim-al2 on January 31, 2009, 05:19:30 AM
::) I figured that, but I've never actually seen them in there. I guess I haven't looked hard enough.

To easily get the ID's:
- Open SimCity_1 in the Reader
- Click the "Exemplar Analyzer" at the top
- Once the tool loads, go to "Filter" and deselect all but "0x0B Highway"
- Close that window and then click "Search". It should fill the Exemplar Analyzer with entries.
- Go browsing.

Ground Highway models start with 0x0A######
Elevated Highway models start with 0x0C######

Most of them are simply labeled "Highway Piece" so you will need to look at the models being referenced by the exemplars to see what they actually look like. Some are parts of the interchanges, such as the game's T-Interchanges, while others are just straights or curves.

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

sim-al2

He he he...  now my memory returns. :-[ I really open SC1.dat to find the ID's for making custom building exemplars, not finding and messing with highway stuff. Transit modding is not really my forte anyway. ::)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

deathtopumpkins

OK, I'm back to actually modding tonight, but not exactly the TRP. Just working on Toichus Maximus's GLR textures... and am about 4% done.

When I'm done with these, I want to try to learn t21 exemplars, and continue working on-and-off on the TRP, as I would like to see it done, but it's really got me frustrated because I keep finding stupid, just like myself ways the game rotates textures at intersections that means I have to redo most of the textures now...

Pat

DTP that bites that you keep hitting a snag and believe me I understand what you are going threw about the textures being scewed... I am still having my own problems with an overlay I made... So are you going to show anything on what you are doing for Toichus Maximus's GLR textures???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

deathtopumpkins

Well I would probably leave it to him to show pics of the textures, as I take no credit for them, but I'll probably post a few screenies of me testing them out after I add a bunch to the dat.
Basically he just took the GLR and GLR-in-ave and replaced the concrete with a sandstone texture (like one of the pedmalls). A very nice idea if you ask me. And I'm just putting the textures into a dat for him, as he has vista problems.

Small update: I am now 8% done.