• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4D Lex ... Support Questions V01

Started by Colyn, January 14, 2007, 09:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Jonathan

I registered for the LEX quite long time ago and I have forgotten my password.
I know his is quite a bump but i didn't know where else to post.

dharmafly

Pat

Is there anyway yet to delet old obsolete files???  as it is kinda annoying that i cant delete them LoL
IE NAM Bridge controler PRE NAM 6/07.

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

I don't understand your question, Pat. Do you mean delete them from the LEX? They will remain locked for the time being and later may be deleted.
If you mean from your download list, then I have no  idea and will have to wait until ReLiC returns to query that.

callagrafx

I think he's referring to his download history...if so the answer would be probably not.  The history is a record of what you have downloaded for reference and is cumulative.  The fact that it shows which files have been updated is an added bonus.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Pat

Yes Lee you are correct that is what i was refering to.  Ohh yes its very great thing to have but will the file that
i have such as the orginal nam bridge controler disappear after its deleted? That red X is driving me wacko LoL

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

wouanagaine

Regarding download history, I noticed that the download history only retain the date of the download ( even internally ) and as a result, If I download a file a 7:00 am and that file is updated later in the same day, the history tells me I'm uptodate but obviously not.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

get13

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right thread but I have been using the LEX for a few months and I love the great downloads available. Recently, however, I have been unable to view any images on the site even the login page image doesn't appear. Images still work in the forums though. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this and any possible soulutions? Any help in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Here's a screenshot showing how it looks. (It's like this on both firefox and IE)
Glasgow  2014
Commonwealth Games Candidate City

Back the Bid!
Over 1.7 million have, Why don't you?

Colyn

@ Wouna ... yep it is a drag and unfortunately not easy to fix ... I will talk to Werner about that.

@get13 ... I have no idea why. Is it the same problem once you click the popup for more info ?
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

get13

Quote from: Colyn on June 25, 2007, 02:25:42 PM
@ Wouna ... yep it is a drag and unfortunately not easy to fix ... I will talk to Werner about that.

@get13 ... I have no idea why. Is it the same problem once you click the popup for more info ?

Yeah, it's still like that if I open a download popup. I don't understand it. A few months ago it worked perfectly.
Glasgow  2014

Back the Bid!

Pat

Get13 did you change your security settings IE is the LEX in your trusted sites???
i've know that to be a problem a time or 2 or 50 billion lol... I hope that works for you

get13

Quote from: patfirefghtr on June 25, 2007, 11:06:33 PM
Get13 did you change your security settings IE is the LEX in your trusted sites???
i've know that to be a problem a time or 2 or 50 billion lol... I hope that works for you

Yeah, I've tried this in both IE and Firefox and it worked in neither. Also, if I right click where the image should be, go to properties and then copy and paste the address directly into my address bar I get this message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /csxlex/images/800_lex_CAL_Splash_01.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.sc4devotion.com Port 80
Glasgow  2014

Back the Bid!

Colyn

Ok try and clear your site cookie.

The forbidden message is normal because you cannot acces our images directly.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

wouanagaine

Someone in the french subforum experience the same problem as get13
If you find the solution can you PM me so that I can tell him what to do
Thxc

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

callagrafx

You're not running Vista by any chance?  I've heard that the security settings for Vista are set out of the box way too high and this includes firewalling images from websites...Is SC4Devotion set as a trusted site?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

get13

I cleared my cookies but it's still doing the same thing and no, I'm not running vista I'm on windows xp home service pack 2. Thanks for all your help guys but I really don't know if there's a way to fix this and it's so frustrating.
Glasgow  2014

Back the Bid!

Pat

Get13 have you check firewall settings by a chance?

Starmanw402007

Howdie Mayors, I'm having problems also logging into  BSC file exchange. And I even updated my profile. For some reason when I type in my s/n and p/w. It gives me a message of incorrect log in file. The strange thing is I know
my p/w by heart and still wont let in  &mmm :).

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

BarbyW

I shall reset your p/w and PM it to you.