• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to make a lot really transparent.

Started by jeronij, November 07, 2006, 02:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

You have to click "Apply" whereever an apply button appears in the Reader, but that does not save the file - only a click on the "save" button below the menu bar will save your file. :)
Andreas

Nomadic

Great guide Jeroni,
works great and do no have the "black hole" glitch. Maybe I am lucky  $%Grinno$%

packersfan

Is it possible to CREATE a Transparent base texture...then you technically have a base texture...it just happens to be transparent...

vortext

Quote from: packersfan on March 29, 2013, 11:45:12 PM
Is it possible to CREATE a Transparent base texture...

That's the thing, any texture with transparancy will be treated as an overlay. For a truly transparant lot either use the SC4Pim and save it without any textures or use the Reader and delete the textures from the lot afterwards.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

packersfan

Okay, that explains why I can't get my texture to be a base texture...But if I save a lot in PIMx or Reader with no texture it will have bugs...how do the BSC guys get transparent lots without bugs?

vortext

Quote from: packersfan on March 30, 2013, 04:24:02 AM
But if I save a lot in PIMx or Reader with no texture it will have bugs...

Then there's probably still an overlay texture present on the lot, which gives rise to the waterhole bug (i.e. the ground underneath the lot goes black upon saving the game). To really make a lot transparent you'll need to delete all textures, base and overlay.
time flies like a bird

vortext

Quote from: packersfan on March 30, 2013, 05:40:39 AM
Okay, so if I want to have "overlays" on it, I'll need to turn that into a model...sigh sigh sigh, haha.

Yeap, I'm afraid so. .  ;)
time flies like a bird

cirocirociro

Maybe is a stupid question but....How to make a lot transparent using PIM-X...guide doesn't seems that clear
Using iReader i get the black hole bug even without overlays texture..someone can help me fixing using PIM-X?

FrankU

Just don't add base textures. And save.
But the black hole bug will stay. You cannot do anything about it. That's no Reader or PIM-X matter but hardcoded Maxis.

cirocirociro

Ok ty frank i tought there was a way to avoid that bug..nevermind  :thumbsup:

Simcoug

If there are no overlay or base textures on the lot then you should not see any 'black hole' bug.  I'll be there is still one of those textures present on your lot (perhaps you removed the dependency and it just 'looks' like there is no textures present on your lot in the LE, but something is still hiding on your lot.

FrankU

Ah yes, sure. Simcoug, I forgot. I was not thinking long enough... One of my bad habits.

Indeed, without textures there is no under water or black hole bug.

cirocirociro

I saw in the LE some lots that haven't the completely white spot like my lots have...for example SFBT catenaries..they just doesn't have nothing...how they do that?
Those invisible lots doesn't show the black hole bug...
Mine (modified with iReader) keeps showing the bug after saving the game

vortext

Quote from: cirocirociro on September 04, 2014, 10:46:14 AM
Mine (modified with iReader) keeps showing the bug after saving the game

It could be there're still textures on the lot, make sure to delete all reps which start with 0x00000002 and reindex the lotconfig. Or it could be a slope issue. If the foundation threshold is lower than the maximum slope allowed the black hole bug will show upon saving. So make sure 'max slope before foundation' has a large value than 'max slope allowed'.
time flies like a bird

cirocirociro

It works now! ty vortex  &apls i deleted all 0x000002 reps and now the lot is save-proof  :thumbsup:

Akallan

Hello,

I also modified my lots a few times to make them more realistic things. In this case, I vary the textures to make them as transpentes in explaining jeronij.

The worry is that in the end I even when the "Black Hole" on the basis of my batch ...

I looked in my plugins lot I downloaded with transparent textures bases ("Panneaux autoroutier Suisse", for example). They have the transparent base and never have the "Black Hole", and it looks like the line of code is not the same. Me, all my lots I have modified the problem, why? ???

The lot that I want to change:

The lot already has transparent bases textures:

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Golhbul

Have you tried to erase the whole line of 0x000002?

As tu essayĆ© d'effacer toute la ligne du 0x000002?

Akallan

Quote from: Golhbul on July 28, 2016, 12:50:24 PM
Have you tried to erase the whole line of 0x000002?

As tu essayĆ© d'effacer toute la ligne du 0x000002?

Yes, I have completely erased the line of the texture, but conitnu problem.
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

mgb204

If you erase all the lines beginning with 0x00000002, then you have removed all textures from the lot. So you should not have this problem. First are you right clicking the right pane of Reader and selecting Reindex LotConfig? If you forget this step, you could either break the lot or end up with undesirable behaviour.