• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

HOW TO: Make a level GLR bridge with Sloped Ramp Transitions

Started by threestooges, March 20, 2007, 05:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

This tutorial was originally made before there was a GLR on-slope piece (at least that I could find). This tutorial can still be used to transition to elevated rail on a gradual slope using the on-slope glr-elevated rail piece.

For this I used:
-NAM (I used the most recent as of 3/19/07)
-some form of slope mod (BRF tunnel and slope as modified by jeronij)
-smoncrie's hole digging lots (from the STEX) are useful for elevation adjustments (the hold digger for road seems to give the best result) but are not necessary

This is about how the area looked when I started (I used the road plopping trick to level the areas on each side as well as the creek bed):

This is the ramp I was referring to. Note that it is 5 tiles in length:

I used the road tool and (with the help of the slope mod) built from the creek bed up to the top of the hill which resulted in the slope seen here (make sure there are no roads/lots around as it can mess up the slope). To best fit the ramp, each road is 5 tile long as well.

Place two ramps facing each other with the upper part at the bottom of the hill. If you notice the two tiles in the above pics, make sure that the top of each ramp lies where each of the tiles was.

Connect the two with a stretch of elevated rail and add the glr to each side to finish the connection.

Add details as you will and it's done.

Lastly, here is a shot of the area as a whole (or close to it... the area off the right edge of the pic looks more or less like the left)

Please give any comments or suggestions you have.

Gaston

Thanks threestooges.    I for one appreciate any tutorials out there.     Very well done.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

rooker1

Ver interesting technique.  Great tutorial.  Thanks alot.
&apls
Call me Robin, please.

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

threestooges

Well that is certainly high praise indeed (especially from such veterans and brilliantly creative people). Thank you very much If you have any suggestions for other alternatives or glr curiosities that should be explored, please let me know.

sebes

Thansk for the tip... this is great solution  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

thundercrack83

Outstanding solution, threestooges! I can't wait to incorporate this into the GLR!