• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commercial Offices and Retail

Started by tag_one, July 12, 2008, 03:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

I also like the lights, and am (im)patiently waiting for the building to be released ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

SC4BOY

Quote from: tag_one on August 30, 2009, 05:16:25 AM
I've been trying some new night light techniques for my buildings. To test those techniques I made a small blocky midrise building. I thought it might be useful as there're not that many midrises on the STEX and LEX.

Looks fine.. perhaps a batch of stage 6 CS buildings to offset the constant (and much complained about) appearance of the COIT BUILDING... :)

tag_one

citycapitalizer, Thanks! The supertall is currently on hold. I'm not very happy about the design and the textures, so I put it in the dungeons of my harddisk for some time :)

Jeff, Thanks! I haven't spotted that one. I had to read your post several times and give my building a close look, but than I discovered it too. It looks indeed very hollow that way. I changed the textures a bit and it shouldn't look hollow anymore :)

Jayson, Thanks! I'm planning to post this on the priLEX tomorrow

Glowbal Thanks! I'm glad you like the new night lights.

io_bg Thanks, great to hear you like it :)

SC4BOY The good old Coit Building, I'm so glad I can manage the iLive reader. It only grew once  ::)
I'll keep your suggestion in mind ;)

Yesterday I exported the building to the game and got the first one to grow. Got a bit of a nasty surprise as the textures didn't worked out the way they should. I had some annoying diagonal dark lines covering the building. Changed its texture today and exported it again. I'm much happier this time  :D
Here some images:

:)

zero7

I really like that.  Very simple design that's extremely common all over the world and great attention to detail.   &apls
Call me Richard

TheTeaCat

Wow that looks wikked in game.

Really like the nightlighting and the roof + junk looks magnificent &apls &apls

Definitely looking forward to the release of this one :thumbsup:

regards
Derry

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

SC4BOY

Way too grungy looking for me.. Looks dilapidated already.. but some people like that.. I guess they live in the coalfields of yesterday.

SimGoober

Looking good!  I had a hard time placing a finger on it before; it was almost an optical illusion...  ::)

Love that roof.  Makes me think of a few ideas for other ideas about ideas I had...  :-\

You might try another version of this one just for fun.  Make it green or orange... one of those garishly ugly buildings that someone though would look good in the 70s... lol...
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

pingangster

I really like this building. The day version has a great reflection effect, and the night version is very neat also. You should do more buildings of this type, you're quite good at it :D
-Pingangster

sithlrd98

Well , I probably shouldn't be saying this , but that looks perfect! I like these mid size as much if not more than those HK monsters!

Jayson

Leodido

Very nice tower, I like it very much :)

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

tag_one

Hi all, I'm back with a small project. I've created about 8 small CS$ timber frame building. I'm planning to do some more later today. Here's a picture of what I made so far. Please don't look at the lotting, they're just temporary lots to see how the building look ingame  :D

They are all W2W, slope friendly and BTE enabled. Hope you like them :)

manchou

My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

SimNation

Fantastic looking nightlight tag. I hope you one day share its technique with the masses so that even a novice can make some good night lite buildings.

thingfishs

some nice houses :thumbsup: although it's clear most of them have the same texture on their roofs.
I really like that Arvis building as well, the roof, reflections and nightlighting look really good &apls

tag_one

Manchou, Thanks, great to hear you like them  :)

SimNation, Thanks! I'll write a little tutorial later today ;)

Thingfishs, Thanks for your comment. The roofs indeed contain some repetition. I think I'll rerender some with some darker textures :)

latest news. There now 10 versions rendered. After I rerendered some of them I'll pack them and upload them for beta testing. I'll expect them on the public Lex by the end of this week, or early next week.

benvoliothefirst

Count me among the fans of your new technique. Looks very convincing in both day and night modes and blends into the existing style better than some attempts at lighting/reflections that were more ambitious. Keep up the great work!

tag_one

Thanks Benvoliothefirst! Glad you like it :)

I made a new tower last weekend. I had some small strips on 1x1 commercial lots in my city that grew nothing but low rise buildings. I wanted some more density over there so I made a small 27 story tall 2x1 high rise building. Here are some renders:

The facade is made of aluminum panels. It took me some time to tweak them but overall I'm happy with the color. Now I'm not sure if I should make this a CO$$ or a CO$$$ building. Hopefully one of you can help me out :)
Advise to make the building nicer and comments like 'beautiful building' or 'OMGROFL.EINZ.1!1!1! ThIz Iz HiDe0uS' are also welcome  :D

zero7

Good work on the panels and a very useful size of building.  I'd make it CO$$ as it is, but with a more distinctive entrance it could also work as a CO$$$.
Call me Richard

turtle

Hi Merijn,
I like the building. The panels look pretty convincing. Even though it could work as either, I think it looks a bit too generic for a CO$$$. I agree with Zero7.

Great work :thumbsup:
My name is Thomas...

Jack_wilds

Hey Tag-one, Jack wilds here...

glad to know your still around and building neat stuff worth 'plopping' -via the Buggis cheat  :D

I also think as a CO$$ its good but as a CO$$$ the entry needs more... ie a bowed out window wall, a modern 'bare' structure canopy, maybe a drive up or thru port-e-co (spelling), an upscale stone or similar material at the door or...

sit the structure higher -not alot just for effect using an architectural concrete texture and a grounding effect but in an slight offsetting color; allowing for an elevated entry with patio, ramp/stairs approach, a neat tree specimen (a tree that maybe a part of the company logo) in the patio, patio would have a signature appearance, postmodern/con-tempo pedestrian friendly facade at street  level -afforded by the lifting of the structure, 

the pedestrian entry approach from the street would meet the architectural retain wall with the company name on it (in some really neat font/material) as the pedestrian ascends the stairs/ramp to the patio and then on to the entry then thru the window wall in to a pleasant awesome lobby...

So I offer these thoughts for consideration...

Jack  :satisfied: