• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tag's Industrial Projects

Started by tag_one, August 09, 2008, 01:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tag_one

Hi there,
In this topic I'll show and discuss my latest industrial projects. Please feel free to comment or give advice!

If you see a nice industrial building in real life don't hesitate and post some pictures in here. Inspiration is always more than welcome  ;)

Let's start with my newest project. Adding a bunch of low stage I-ht buildings to the game so that the default (ugly) Maxis I-ht buildings can be blocked  :D
Here's my first building. Unfortunately not really a low stage building as it's a stage 7 CAMeLOT. It's one of those boring industrial buildings you can find in many European cities.

Advice and comments are welcome :)

allan_kuan1992

Not all maxis buildings are ugly. $%Grinno$%

However some more variety is needed, and so far it looks quite good, although is there a place where they can load and offload?

- Allan Kuan

Chrisadams3997

Great idea, and the building looks good so far.  Perhaps two versions, one with and one without the pool out front.  Also the metal texture on the ramp seems pretty oversized.  I realize that you'd lose the bumps in it, but right now it looks pretty unnatural IMO.

tag_one

Hi there and thanks for the comments  :thumbsup:

Allan Kuan, thanks for you suggestion about the loading dock. I completely forgot about it during the modeling  :D
I made the pond in front of the building a bit smaller and added a loading dock to the building :)

Chrisadams, thanks for your comment. I'll make another lower version without a pond and a ramp as well. I also changed the metal texture on the ramp with a bigger version and it looks indeed much better :)

Here's a picture of the improved front of the building:

And here a picture of the side of the building:

Diggis

The addition of the door to the side of the ramp works really well.  Maybe some access to the roof is in order?

jmyers2043

I like the roof top air conditioning - the larger one with the geometry. Thanks for the idea. I'll use it in some future bat.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

ky72x

It's always a great sight to see you making new industrials!  I take it that you're making a set similar to those I-M fillers and buildings you made some time ago.  If so, I'm very glad about that.  :)

Nice job on the "Pharmalab" building.  The recent improvements you've made to the front were great.  Now, I think some larger lots are in order... you know me, I have to have room for parking and trucks.  :P

- Kyle

Simpson

Your bat is looking very good  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

tag_one

Thanks for the comments everyone   :thumbsup:

Diggis Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add some stairs at the back of the building :)

jmyers2043 Thanks, I'm glad you like the HVAC units on the roofs. If you want to have them you can find a gmax model somewhere on the hellhole. Just search for my nick, it was one of my last uploads there so it should be on the top :)

Kyle Thanks for you comment. I'll make some larger lots as well with more space for parking, trucks and storage

Simpson Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Just to inform you all, I'll be on vacation in Switzerland for two weeks. After those two weeks I'll get quite a busy period which will probably keep me away from the BAT for awhile. &mmm Hopefully I got some more spare time in November to finish this project.
BTW, don't worry there's a secret proppack by me waiting to be released on the LEX. This will be uploaded someday in September ;)
See you around  :thumbsup:

ejc

you've made some nice and handy BATs :thumbsup:

using them a lot on my industrial / port - sections\

thanks!

E

bat

Nice work on that industrial building!

And looking forward to the next releases from you! ;)

tag_one

Thanks for your comments Ejc and Bat. I'm glad you like the building :)

Back from holidays, so back to business. Unfortunately my study will consume a lot of spare time the coming weeks. So don't expect to much progress on the I-ht project. Because of the lack of spare time I decided to do some lotting work as it´s much faster than Batting a building. So here you go, I´m making some additional I-d lots with the use of Gascooker's excellent I-d buildings. This is number one. a 2x3 and a 3x2 stage 2 galvanization company :)

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

tag_one

^^ Thanks Art I'm glad you like it. The file is currently under scrutinizing on the private LEX. It will be uploaded as soon as I get green light from a scrutineer  :)

Here's another lot I made using Gascooker's buildings:

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Yoman

Just downloaded your latest prop pack, the container stuff one. And I love it. As I said in the LEX though, have you considered doing an uparm version of the main crane for when it is inactive?

tag_one

Arthur, thanks! I uploaded both files the public Lex  :)

Yoman, thanks I'm glad you like the container crane. Your container crane is great as well  ;)
My crane is a timed prop, during lunch time the arm is raised in the air :)

Pat

Tag simply wonderful works here!!! I like those lots that you are doing and also the Bats, I do hope you can find some spare time to work a wee bit on those wonderful bats...  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

ky72x

Very nice job on this pair!  You really do have some amazing lotting skills.  Can't wait to see some more progress on those new BAT's once you get enough free time.  :)

- Kyle 

Yoman

Oh goodie, got to give my Sims a lunch break to become fatter :P Though your crane doesn't have an elevator in the leg like the ones in California, must be because your crane isn't American. :P Can't wait to use it  :thumbsup: