• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

St Shaun Cathedral

Started by tag_one, August 11, 2009, 09:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

tooheys

That is absolutely brilliant. The detail is quite outstanding and the end result should be nothing less than superb.  &apls

The fact that it's built for the worship of a false god I'll let slip on by  :D

Sciurus

Really beautiful!! I wait with impatience the final result &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

warconstruct

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

Jack_wilds

TagOne

Wow and  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:... patience and dedication reveal a work well done...

Jack

kwakelaar

That is a lovely model Merijn, you are really getting the hang of the Gothic style.

kimcar

:o Holly sh... That`s very nice, Another masterpiece on the way  &apls &apls &apls

tag_one

Thanks for all the comments guys! Great to hear you all like this one :)

Yesterday I started working on the North Tower. It still misses some small details, but you'll get the idea:

Earth quake

DebussyMan

This is taking great shape, I love the stone texture  &apls

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

kimcar

Jack_wilds

Tag One, Jack wilds here...

excellent!... your out doing yourself... if these teasers live up to expectations, it will be something worth looking at in the game... VG  :thumbsup:

thoughts... &idea

...also in the query can the bells ring out a few notes more than what is usual and then is it possible to time the bell ringing in game to sound off every-so-often Sundays, special events... then a feature to sound on or off... perhaps the query could also have 'weddings performed', 'baptisms baptized', and 'funerals performed', service times, to dress it up with some more church-y happenings info, Sim religious quality of life scale ...

added 4-30-10

concerning the latest releases on the stex... like 'em a-lot; well done...  :) the bee farm was a good touch as the sim apples were looking rather sad of late  &mmm ... I like the 'odeon theatre' particularly the lighting -however the one with the parking lot has a texture I don't, so it looks like a hole to china... thanks for the new stuff  ()stsfd()  :thumbsup:

Jack  :satisfied:

tag_one

Quote from: Jack_wilds on November 14, 2009, 02:51:51 PM
...also in the query can the bells ring out a few notes more than what is usual and then is it possible to time the bell ringing in game to sound off every-so-often Sundays, special events... then a feature to sound on or off... perhaps the query could also have 'weddings performed', 'baptisms baptized', and 'funerals performed', service times, to dress it up with some more church-y happenings info, Sim religious quality of life scale ...
grate idea's Jack! I will sure use some ;)

Although we're 9 months later, I can still imagine working on this cathedral like yesterday. A few days ago I grabbed the model again and made the south tower and the west entrance. It's now finally nearing completion. I still need to model some roof ornaments and some other small things. But that shouldn't take long. Here're some progress images

:)

Nardo69

:shocked2:

You DO know that you are completely crazy, don't you?

Great work, love all those small details.

Just one thing: the roof plates of the apsides look a bit weird, as if the perspective went wrong there ...

io_bg

:o That is jawdropping! I love it! &apls &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

wallasey

Stunning work, this will make a welcome addition to the range and choice of cathedral BAT's in the SC4 community.

A big well done to the progress made so far.

Jack_wilds

...wonderful progress, :thumbsup: -I get dibs on 'breaking-in' the pipe organ  :D

Girafe

Amazing cathedral tag_one  &apls &apls

I especially like stained glass windows.   :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

tag_one

Thanks for all the comments! They're much appreciated  :thumbsup:

Today, I completed the cathedral and rendered it. After 15 minutes of rendering (oh I love 3ds max). I started on the lot. I still have to model some special props, but you'll get the idea :)