• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Hi, folks.  Both Heather and I are overwhelmed by the wishes you have left in your comments.

Heather, who I just brought home a bit ago, says to tell everyone thanks so much.  She'll be up to read the comments themselves sometime in the next day or so.  Right now, she's fairly well medicated.

Just so you know, she had a gall bladder and other stuff removed in a laparoscopic procedure [linkie].  The doctors have said, "no worries," but this is the third surgery in about a year and a half.  Her abdomen looks this morning like an exploratory drilling site...

...'course, if they would discover oil, or something more valuable than a used gall bladder, we could retire and I could do 3RR full time...

She still has some other stuff further north to go this spring, but we keep our fingers crossed.

Anyway, more 3RR posting this weekend as familial duties permit.  Thanks for understanding.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

kwakelaar

Hi David
I wish you and your wife the best and a short time recovering. :thumbsup:

Quote from: dedgren on March 24, 2007, 01:20:09 PM
...'course, if they would discover oil, or something more valuable than a used gall bladder, we could retire and I could do 3RR full time...
And this sounds like a nice prospect for all of us.

Gjermund

threestooges

I'm glad to hear that it turned out well. Surgery is never an easy experience (for both the person going in for it, and the ones who don't). I would like to wish her luck for the stuff up north, and will als keep my fingers crossed for her (but I have a feeling that won't be necessary, she seems like a strong person). Best of luck with 3RR and (more importantly) life in general. Make sure she gets plenty of R&R (both with and without the 3).

Yoman

I do hope that there were no complications and she'll be back on her feet soon :)

Owen

kimcar

Take care of her and take care of you too . Health is the most important. Glad that is looking she recovery well  :thumbsup:

Kokopelli

I am glad to hear your wife's surgery went okay. My prayers are with you both.

Bob

Livin in Sim

Hi, David,

Whew,  &mmm how great to hear that everything went well.  Please tell Mrs Edgren that I wish her a speed recovery, and best of outcomes for future events, whatever they may be.  Please take really good care of her, and don't worry about posting this weekend.  Those surgeries can take a lot out of you, especially if they are close together.    Although the fact that the scope makes the general anesthetic unnecessary is a big plus.  I hope she is feeling like her old self in no time.  Please give her plenty of hugs and my best wishes to the "First Lady" of 3RR!!   ()flower()

--Liv

Gaston

David my friend,
    Glad to know that Heather is doing well.    Please don't worry about 3RR or anything else right now.    You just need to concentrate on taking care of Heather.    I will be thinking about ya'll and will ask that you both be watched over by whatever higher power there may be.   (Wow, that sounded politically correct.  LOL)    Stay safe and tell Heather to get well soon.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

emilin

Real life always takes precendence over SC4 when it's important stuff like this. I hope she's feeling better soon, operations really can be very exhausting even when everything goes well.

Take care. Both of you!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Heinz

hello david
     i don't know if this is over sharing but my cousin had laparoscopic surgery late last year to remove... (i forgot what) and she's well beyond ok now. and she definitely is frail looking compared to The First Lady of 3rr, as mentioned. so with that thought, i offer my hopes and prayers for complete and speedy recovery for her. stay tough, my friend.

Darmok

David, not being very present on the forums these last weeks, I totally missed that!
Glad to hear that all went well and that the doctors think there won't be any problems.
Tell Heather that I wish her a prompt recovery and no complications, health is our greatest treasure!
Nancy and I, are sending our best to both of you!
Take good care of her my friend.

Regards
-John
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

dedgren

This morning's "Heather Report."

...still pretty miserable, especially in the southern regions.  Sunny disposition expected to return by this afternoon.  The long-term forecast looks just fine...

I've been by the 'puter for a few stretches, and a pretty fair one this morning while all were still asleep.  One of the interesting things I did (IMHO, anyway) is lay out the 3RR rail lines.

I've done some railroad "backstory," too, but it's not ready for prime time.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Heinz

rail looks promising, my man!  :thumbsup: question, tho. what does pink mean? and the green? and the filled circles? the hollow ones? no pressure, still. glad the forecast is looking good. still wishing for the best. my prayers constantly include you and your family. stay strong  :thumbsup:

M4346

I'm glad to hear that she's back on track, at least, considering the circumstances and situations. :)

I'm also surprised to see, and happy to note, that the rail network of 3RR passes through Marius Corners!  $%Grinno$%

Good luck, yet again, and hope that everything will be back to normal a.s.a.p. ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

BigSlark

Hope Heather is feeling better, there's nothing worse than recovering from surgery in my opinion.

As for the railroads of Three Rivers, is there a chance one of them passes through the quad of the yet to be named small city that I'm developing? I can't wait to see the back story.

Hope all is still well.

Cheers,
Kevin

Zaphod

I have to wonder the same thing as slark...

Anyways, i see a dotted line..hmm...is the thunder bay branch abandoned?
War Kittens !?

Unkles27

sorry to hear about your wife, but it sounds like things are going pretty well. Hope she gets well soon!

kalanc69

David,

I hope all went well for your wife, and you are both in my prayers this weekend. You have been such a great contributor to the SC4 Community, and I know that all the good deeds you have bestowed on others will in turn be bestowed upon you. Best of Luck!

Kalanc69

Livin in Sim

The Heather Report... $%Grinno$% ...I hope we're the only ones you've been keeping in stitches  ::), cuz do you know how bad it hurts to laugh after you've had surgery??

Seriously, glad to hear there is a favorable forecast.

--Liv

Pat

David i wanted to show my love for ya's here as well man and mine and vickis prayers are with you and
Heather in a speedie recovery - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie