• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

urban joe, try editing your SimCity 4 shortcut, to something along the lines of the following:

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -l:"English"

smoncrie figured that out recently . . . the previous method involved editing the registry.

Hope that helps!

-Alex

urban joe

Alright I got it working now. I can finally build in peace. Thanks for all your help guys.

asteconn

An Idea I had just a moment ago after reading the intro to this thread; namely the 'why is it called "rural"' bit:

Rural Highway Mod
Real Highways Mod

urban joe

Alright it appears I have another problem.  &mmm When I'm building a interchange using the any of the ramps, I can place the entrance ramps right onto the RHW, but when I try to place the exit ramps, it just changes into the entrance ramp. The only way I can get it to work is to bulldoze part of the highway then place the ramp and then connect it to the highway. Has this happened to anyone else or is this supposed to happen? This isn't THAT big of a deal, its just slightly annoying; everything else works just fine. Any help would be appreciated.

rjaap

@urban joe

Yeah, that seems to happen once in a while, especially when you want to built the on and off ramps close together. Just demolish that part of the highway, plop the ramp and redraw the missing pieces. Also, you cannot place puzzle pieces on top of starter pieces, you have to demolish the starter pieces first.

Patricius Maximus

swamp_ig

I'm considering making a puzzle piece or two, just wondering if these pieces have already been made:

• EL-HW -> RHW-2 perpendicular
  • EL-HW -> MIS perpendicular   (great for collector-distributors)
  • EL-HW -> MIS  in the style of an 'A' exit

Also it would be great if there were 'A' style exits for:

• RHW-4 -> EMIS
  • ERHW4 -> MIS

ie: combining a ramp with an exit. This is a very common combination I find, and the ramp + A exit takes up a huge amount of length compared to the highway ramps.

doorknob60

swamp_ig:

Those pieces would be great :D Hope esomeone makes them (if they're not already made) by RHW 4.0
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

MandelSoft

@swamp_ig: Well, the fact is that the Maxis Highway conectivity isn't a proirity with the RHW-project. And your other two requests are quite logic, but other usefull features (like D-style ramps, diagonal RHW crossings and more smooth curves) have a higher priority, plus that the fact is that interchanges really are big.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

swamp_ig

I think the latter two would be my priority. I thought the first three would be easier to cut my teeth on so to speak, since the models are there already and it would just be a matter of restyling the connector piece to get it to work.

dragonshardz

Hmm...I've been looking at choco's work on two-tile RHW bridges. Once those are released, I could look into converting the various E/MHW bridges into E/RHW-6/8/10 versions. I can look into adding more RHW-2/4 bridges beyond the Small Arch and Level Concrete once Christmas break rolls around for me.

This is all assuming that none of this has already been done, of course.

choco

Quote from: dragonshardz on December 02, 2009, 05:53:55 PM
I could look into converting the various E/MHW bridges into E/RHW-6/8/10 versions.
its kinda eerie that you would mention such a thing, at this moment...i haven't thrown out many teasers as of late, but i just started looking into what it takes to convert Maxis bridges to other networks. 

There are some challenges with the reader, but its nothing too difficult.

QuoteI can look into adding more RHW-2/4 bridges beyond the Small Arch and Level Concrete once Christmas break rolls around for me.
a few others have indeed been made for RHW2/4, but some variety is always nice.  the RHW-6S network is still lacking bridges, besides a beta that i've been messing with.

QuoteThis is all assuming that none of this has already been done, of course.
some have, some haven't.  Please fell free to PM me with any questions/concerns.... :) 

Korot

I assume that that bridge is for RHW-4? That would certainly be great, as I know have to use either Avenues of MHW's to build RHW-4 bridges in Urban areas, areas where I've got no room to build medians.

Regards,
Korot

SimNation

OMG Choco that is so freaking fantastic....being able to use the very nice looking Maxis bridges for some of the RHW would be fantastic...I hope you do a bunch of them (for RHW 4 at least) since it would seem not possible for RHW 6 since maxis highway bridges are the same size as the RHW 4 stuck together would be

woodb3kmaster

That looks fantastic, choco! I wonder, though, how the 2-cell-wide dual-RHW-4 bridges will connect to the actual network...

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

canyonjumper

Those bridges look fantastic!! I can't wait to use them.  &apls Also, I'm just curious, how long did it take you to make the bridge?
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

choco

thanks y'all!  some quick replies...

Korot: yup, RHW-4....

SimNation: i'd like to do some more, time permitting.  its rather easy work, just time consuming.

canyonjumper: all in all, about 7 or 8 hours.  probly 90% of that time is spent on the models, the exemplars/pathing/RUL are simply copied from the Maxis originals.

Pat Max:thumbsup:

woodb3kmaster: its just an override in the NAM controller that will convert the Maxis Highway stub to RHW.  i posted a short demo if you would like to see how it works....Wide RHW Bridge Override {linkie}

i just realized you posted right after that quick demo, so i have a couple other pics that show the behavior of the override.

what important in this pic is that the override only works when right next to a bridge.....if there is no RHW-4, RHW-8, or RHW10 network connected to the bridge, it will simply show as the double line RHW-2.  this is a visual indicator that there is more that needs done.  once the starter pieces are plopped and the appropriate bridge is connected to it's respective network, the RHW-2 will change to the new network and look like the following....

hope that helps... :thumbsup:

Monorail Master

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

canyonjumper

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.