• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

looking for a few small things

Started by dljrfn2000, July 20, 2010, 08:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dljrfn2000

1. I keep hearing about this maxis building blocker, what does it do and where is it?

2. I used to own a set of ploppable farm land, it was in LM or Parks I believe and worked like the BSC seasonal farms but in a ploppable format. Does anyone know if these 1. still exists or 2. where I can find them

3. Does anyone have a link to the download of the map downloader, I could probably look it up but I figured while I'm here  $%Grinno$%

4. I'm looking for some decent Steam Engine/golden age of railroad skins any suggestions?

that's all I can think of for now thanks for any help. 

Fabian93

1. Click
2. Maybe you will find what you're looking for here
3. Map downloader? I guess you mean the SC4 Terraformer?! Never heard of a map downloader...
4. Don't know. Probably at the STEX somewhere ()what()

Fabian ;)

dljrfn2000

Quote from: Fabian93 on July 21, 2010, 04:07:17 AM
1. Click
2. Maybe you will find what you're looking for here
3. Map downloader? I guess you mean the SC4 Terraformer?! Never heard of a map downloader...
4. Don't know. Probably at the STEX somewhere ()what()

Fabian ;)

Thanks for the blocker and the Terraformer, that's what it was called I couldn't remember the name and that was the best description I had for it.

For number 2 that isn't it, while I have a few of those, the lots were literally the BSC Farm lots but all were plopable.

4. I looked I guess I'll look again thanks

jmyers2043

CSX had a couple of plop farm lots but they were rewards. Otherwise, I don't know of a single BSC plop farm as most (if not all) farms grow ...

SFBT on the other had has a couple of landmark farms that you can plop on diagonal roads.

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/fr_main.htm

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

TheTeaCat

Maybe this is what you are looking for  ;)

Plopable Farm Field Pack By uroncha

Hope this helps

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Lowkee33

TheTeaCats link is slowly loading, so lets hope that I dont propose what the link has to offer.

If there is a genuine gap in plop-able farm fields then that is something I would like to fill.  I feel like it would not be too hard, and I would like to help the LEX and SC4D in general.

Plop-able fields would be interesting for two reasons.

1) If you missed a lot while zoneing, and you have already grown the perfect farm.  Or something happens like one lot of field does not feel like it has road access.  That lot could be de-zoned and a field plopped in its place. 

2) A more interesting Lot (that would take much longer because of all of the different fields) that has props on one edge (or an outer corner).  This way we could have walls/fences/billboards/gnomes that could line the property of a farm without having to take up an extra tile.   

Let me know if there is an interest in this.  I imagine them as neutral parks.  Seems like it could be a lot of tedium, but I believe it to be in my skill level.  One thing to note... I have placed seasonal/timed field props on my lots, and they appear to be off timed with functional fields.  However, most of the time they are the same,  so we can at least get nice pictures.

(Simtropolis must be having troubles right now)

dljrfn2000