• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Change street textures near IND

Started by vershner, May 29, 2007, 08:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vershner

Hi there, I'm looking for a simple mod to change the street textures near industrial areas. Specifically I want to remove the silly looking grass verges that the game adds but leave the street itself intact. I don't mind what it's replaced with. Dirt or concrete would be ideal, but just the ordinary pavements would be ok too, as long as there's no grass. 

I've downloaded several mods to try and do this but they all seem to change the residential and commercial textures instead.
I've tried:
JRJ Sidewalks
Euro Asphalt Sidewalk
SMP Sidewalk Reaplcement

Trolka's mod did change the industrial areas, but it changed the street surface as well, whereas I just want the pavement/sidewalk changed.

jeronij

The sidewalks do show depending on the wealth level, and not the zone type.

Trolca's mod contains totally new textures. They dont change the sidewalk texture. They overwrite it.

I cant see a way to acomplish what you are looking for.... I'll think a bit more about it  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

metasmurf

Are you looking for something like this?

vershner

Quote from: metasmurf on May 29, 2007, 09:01:55 AM
Are you looking for something like this?

That does the trick, thank-you for your help!

If there was a way to change only industrial areas to concrete that would be even better, but this gets rid of the grass so that's the main thing. Cheers.

flame1396

i think that would be easy actually.... delete exemplars that override all the other zone types and wealths
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.