• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31.1 Technical Support and Bug Report Thread

Started by Tarkus, April 16, 2013, 12:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strife

anyone having problems with airports? since i installed 31.1 they are not working (no usage and no cap relief) and i have around 1'000.000 CO jobs, tried buldozing and with the 3 types of airports but nothing happens, also tried those airports from the AC team but they dont work as well. when installing the 31.1 i selected the default capacity option in the installer (i think it was x4 cap) however i did exactly the same when i installed 31.0 and they were working.

Also thanks for the update, i have not played too much with it yet but im not having any crashes to desktop when saving or exiting region, and it seems to run kinda faster now. i had some freezings when checking some riots on hospitals/schools using the news (clicking on the link that takes you to the riot) and crashed once when just moving around the city (no clue what could cause it yet), but i dont think those had anything to be with the NAM.

[Delta ²k5]

Maybe a critical NWM bug:

After I took this shot my game crashed to desktop. I did nothing else then dragging MIS into this MAVE6. The MIS reverted to road, didn't connect the way it should, I took the shot and saw my wallpaper.

Also there seems to be a bug at the asymetrical RHW7C starter piece: If I drag out at the one side everything is as it should be. If I try the other side (in direction to the self destroying lot) it creates a MIS. ;)

Edit:// Had to reinstall the NAM - something was corrupted and the game wasn't even starting up - now everything comes up again...

j-dub

That, I can confirm. Instead of MIS connecting to OWR like it should, it attempts to connect to road, but does not succeed in making the transition together, and yeah, that project symphony tunnel down there, don't appear to have the paths lead no where.

itsacoaster

Still having trouble with FlexFly... the documentation says FlexFly-over-RHW8S is supported.
In case anyone is wondering whether the proximity to the 6C overpass has anything to do with it, I tested FlexFly-over-8S by itself and it still doesn't work.

Edit:  Just found this on the GitHub page from Tarkus.
QuoteRemaining FLEXFly/FLEXCurve stuff probably won't be fixed until NAM 31.2
Perhaps you're aware of this already; maybe this post can be of use to another reader.

MOREOPTIONS

The only option that works for me,  is to let the fly over be further back so it's only going at a 90degree over the lower lane.  so when making the ramp up.  it's going to be further back and out.  so it's swinging like an S curve even before going over the upper raidway. Will use more land space but look's normal
Quote from: itsacoaster on April 18, 2013, 05:34:53 PM
Still having trouble with FlexFly... the documentation says FlexFly-over-RHW8S is supported.
In case anyone is wondering whether the proximity to the 6C overpass has anything to do with it, I tested FlexFly-over-8S by itself and it still doesn't work.

Perhaps you're aware of this already; maybe this post can be of use to another reader.

medit84truth

RHW 4 Level 1 paths don't continue under Flex-Fly piece.

akbear

Quote from: Strife on April 18, 2013, 09:52:45 AM
anyone having problems with airports? since i installed 31.1 they are not working (no usage and no cap relief) and i have around 1'000.000 CO jobs, tried buldozing and with the 3 types of airports but nothing happens, also tried those airports from the AC team but they dont work as well. when installing the 31.1 i selected the default capacity option in the installer (i think it was x4 cap) however i did exactly the same when i installed 31.0 and they were working.

funny thing is I had the opposite scenario.  Under nam 31 the sims avoided the aeroport like the plague was in the heating ducts.  With 31.1 (and I believe I took the second option (2x)) after I replaced the highways leading to it (no idea if that was related or not) in the city I was in at the time, I queried the aeroport and the parking garages I have nearby to find that suddenly over 17,000 were already flying off to exotic places, and I assume more will when the word spreads through the city that it's fine to go there again.

z

Quote from: Strife on April 18, 2013, 09:52:45 AM

There has been no change to the airports since NAM 31.0.

Nosimx

Train hopping:

Maybe I have to rebuild the diagonal rail bridge, to correct the pathing (and eliminate the brown boxes)? Thanks to NAM 31.1 my sims now go by train, and ignore the bumpy ride...

a44bigdog

The 8S and 10S bridges still place bits of the Maxis Highway at both ends.

MandelSoft

Yes, they do. But at long as if they are one tile long and if you drag RHW-8S or 10S into them, they will convert and everything MHW-related will be hidden. That's how they work ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Rayden

I'm experiencing some weird CTD's on existing cities, especially on this one that I haven't played for quite sometime. It's happening not everytime but when I try to draw a normal street, it crashes to the desktop. Any clues?

z

What is your hardware configuration?  Also, when you installed the NAM, did you select the Extreme Network Controller?

Tarkus

Regarding these issues:

Quote from: spot on April 18, 2013, 04:41:42 AM
It's functional but weird looking:

Another problem is that the flex L1 ramps dont transfer the road type very good at the bottom:

The FLEX-HT system is still in its infancy, and its stability when trying to drag out of the lower end is one of the areas that hasn't really been addressed yet.  It's an area of development that has a lot of potential for expansion.

Quote from: itsacoaster on April 18, 2013, 05:34:53 PM

Just investigated that one further--the paths are correct, which indicates that the RULs are correct, so it's merely a model of flipping the 8S textures on the model.  I'll also note that if you try a 10S underneath, the 10S isn't fully supported yet.  The initial specs to which FLEXFly was built didn't include the 10S--I added a bit of support for it at one point, but it's rather limited.

Quote from: Nosimx on April 19, 2013, 04:01:08 AM
Train hopping:

Maybe I have to rebuild the diagonal rail bridge, to correct the pathing (and eliminate the brown boxes)? Thanks to NAM 31.1 my sims now go by train, and ignore the bumpy ride...

The "hopping" isn't actually hopping.  It's a quirk you'll see from time to time with the commute arrows.  As far as the brown boxes, it looks like you have a catenary mod installed, and it's possible you may be missing some part of it.

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on April 18, 2013, 11:24:08 AM
Maybe a critical NWM bug:

After I took this shot my game crashed to desktop. I did nothing else then dragging MIS into this MAVE6. The MIS reverted to road, didn't connect the way it should, I took the shot and saw my wallpaper.

Also there seems to be a bug at the asymetrical RHW7C starter piece: If I drag out at the one side everything is as it should be. If I try the other side (in direction to the self destroying lot) it creates a MIS. ;)

Edit:// Had to reinstall the NAM - something was corrupted and the game wasn't even starting up - now everything comes up again...

That particular intersection can be built properly, but you have to be careful that you don't engage the Auto-Connect functionality, which will put a transition where you don't want one.  As far as the 7C goes, its underlying structure is an override of an override--the MIS is part of it, and it'll sometimes try to assert its dominance over the intended 8C side.  Dragging the override out and clicking around can snap it back into place.  That's something that's happened since the 8C and 7C were introduced.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

You didn't miss the Symphony ramp issue, did you?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Nosimx

Quote from: TarkusThe "hopping" isn't actually hopping.  It's a quirk you'll see from time to time with the commute arrows.  As far as the brown boxes, it looks like you have a catenary mod installed, and it's possible you may be missing some part of it.

The catenaries on the bridge could be. (I don't know if they were ever part of the diagonal props.) But additionally, the quirk at the DBE starter piece connects my installed LHD mode with the RHD pathing on the diagonal bridge.

vinlabsc3k

There's a two bugs on Diagonal RHW-6 Type C1 On/Off Ramp:

• The paths are the RHW-4 one
  • The description is missing
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Rayden

Quote from: z on April 19, 2013, 06:49:45 PM
What is your hardware configuration?  Also, when you installed the NAM, did you select the Extreme Network Controller?
It's nothing to do with hardware config, as that didn't happen with new or recent cities, only with this region that as I said I haven't played it for around two or 3 years, and the CTD's only happen with street drawing. One thing have come to my mind, could this happen if on the meantime i was using perhaps a different street side mod, or because the NAM version was the 27 or similar?
By the way, I'm using as usual the persistent automata standard 24.