• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31.1 Technical Support and Bug Report Thread

Started by Tarkus, April 16, 2013, 12:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: Wthrwyz on April 22, 2013, 06:38:01 PM
No amount of clicking around fixes this. Is it a known issue or do I have some sort of plugin conflict/borked install?

L1 RHW-2 over L0 RHW-4

Edit: After a bit of experimentation, I've found that if I move the transitions a bit further out, then it does eventually get to the point where it will stabilize...but it's very flaky. Unfortunately, it doesn't help me one bit in tight spaces...which is exactly where I would want to use an L1 overpass.

Have you tried to click on 3-4 tiles of RHW4 away from the overpass?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

DJSun1981

If I have certain downloads in my plugin-folder and the NAM 31, the game made a crash, if I try to load an old town with this  plugins in the town, but without the downloads the town dont crash

Strife

ok i downloaded the 4GB patch and patched the executable inside the apps folder (i think thats how its done) my antivirus said it was a virus lol, but i disabled it, and now im not having any CTD when saving with the 31.1 controller, thanks a lot :), i will try with the e-series later.

however i do not see any change in RAM usage, is still at like 1.4GB, not a big deal anyways.

Born-in-HB

Quote from: Strife on April 23, 2013, 08:37:27 AM
ok i downloaded the 4GB patch and patched the executable inside the apps folder (i think thats how its done) my antivirus said it was a virus lol, but i disabled it, and now im not having any CTD when saving with the 31.1 controller, thanks a lot :), i will try with the e-series later.

however i do not see any change in RAM usage, is still at like 1.4GB, not a big deal anyways.

Same too me. I have reinstalled the 4GB-Patch on the v.640 SC4-exe and after that I also have no problems until now :) Maybe that I didnt install it in the past or forgot it.
my MD

soon at SC4D!
http://www.simforum.de/showthread.php?t=182697 on SF (German)

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Has any one ( other than) had problems with tag_one's Street Intersection Mods not showing up after install the new NAM ? regular or SAM variations?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

DJSun1981

What patch is this and where can I get it?

Tarkus

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on April 23, 2013, 12:02:43 PM
Has any one ( other than) had problems with tag_one's Street Intersection Mods not showing up after install the new NAM ? regular or SAM variations?

Try putting it in a folder that starts with "~".

Quote from: DJSun1981 on April 23, 2013, 08:21:26 PM

What patch is this and where can I get it?

You can find it here.

Unzip it, run the file inside, select your SC4 executable file when prompted through the little Windows Explorer box that pops up, and click "Open".  It'll then patch the game.

-Alex

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Quote from: Tarkus on April 23, 2013, 08:39:07 PM
Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on April 23, 2013, 12:02:43 PM

Try putting it in a folder that starts with "~".

-Alex

problem solved, thank you Tarkus!
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Wthrwyz

Quote from: weekendgamer on April 22, 2013, 08:24:29 PM
That can be resolved by putting RHW-4 starters on either side of the overpass.
Starters don't seem to help for me. Although, perhaps it was proximity to other elements - in the city where I first encountered this, there were other overpasses and an interchange nearby. I tossed this screenshot together quickly so I could ask the question, then went back and played with it some more.

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on April 23, 2013, 04:43:12 AM
I did try up to 3 or 4 tiles away initially. Interestingly, clicking one side of the RHW seems to fix the opposite side...then clicking the other side swaps the bug between sides! Your comment led me to try clicking around even further away and to click on some of the other stuff nearby like the ramps in the interchange. I was finally able to get it to override properly. Thank you!

Although I will say that the thing is anything but stable. Any nearby activity seems to result in a surprise repainting of the highway. I guess the DOT really wants their overtime. :)

This is a no sneezing zone. Screw up the highway and next year's paint supply comes out of your budget!

Wthrwyz: It's "weather wise." You see, it has to fit on a license plate...
Oh, just call me Nathan.

Kergelen

This is not a bug, but maybe an instalation problem ( not sure).
Looking at the Mass Stations/Tram stations folders I see some RTMT related stations.
And there are both the right and the left-hand version of the paths and models. Don't know if there may be some problem to have both versions &Thk/( . I removed the left version, in case could be a conflict.

Links to SC4 websites

z

You're right; that's a bug.  I'll go fix it now...

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: z on April 24, 2013, 02:32:32 AM

There's another in TLA Center Turn Arrows, both LHD and RHD version. "$Deal"$

solovinodelmal

Hi guys, How can I fix this? no matter how much I click around it I can't get it right

Funny enough the first time I tried I built the flexfly the wrong way and it worked, then I realized it was the wrong way and I tried to get it right but just couldn't.

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on April 23, 2013, 04:43:12 AM

Follow this on the carriageway closest to the overpass! ;)

feyss

Quote from: MandelSoft on April 22, 2013, 12:18:05 AM
Quote from: memo on April 21, 2013, 11:31:45 PM
Quote from: z on April 21, 2013, 06:40:53 PM
Quote from: feyss on April 21, 2013, 04:06:15 PM

There is no arch on my bridge.

By default, the Bridge Height Mod (new to the NAM) is turned on.  This mod allows bridges to be built without requiring them to be elevated.  However, it also results in flat bridges as you have shown.  You can turn this mod off by unchecking "Bridge Height Mod" in the Custom Installation; it will be visible near the bottom of the Components page.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the Bridge Height Mod. The Bridge Height Mod alters the behaviour of the default Maxis bridges only. The reason that no arch is displayed is that the bridge is too short, I suppose.
Nope. This is normal. The arch is just not visible on the preview, because it's put on the bridge by T21 models. This is also what causes the cables not to appear in the previews of the RHW cable-stayed bridges. Why do we do that? Simple: to save up IIDs and therefore saving unnecesary work.

Haha, thank you. I feel a little stupid now.  ;D

Tarkus

Quote from: solovinodelmal on April 24, 2013, 07:48:05 AM
Hi guys, How can I fix this? no matter how much I click around it I can't get it right

Funny enough the first time I tried I built the flexfly the wrong way and it worked, then I realized it was the wrong way and I tried to get it right but just couldn't.

The A2 FLEXFly is less stable and may not include support for L1 networks.  FLEXFly, in general, hasn't been upgraded to fully support the new L1 networks.

-Alex

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: Kergelen on April 24, 2013, 02:15:05 AM
This is not a bug, but maybe an instalation problem ( not sure).
Looking at the Mass Stations/Tram stations folders I see some RTMT related stations.
And there are both the right and the left-hand version of the paths and models. Don't know if there may be some problem to have both versions &Thk/( . I removed the left version, in case could be a conflict.

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on April 24, 2013, 04:37:52 AM

If you delete this LHD intruders, the speed of switching from Surface to Subway/Hydric/Zone View come back to normal!! :-\ :o

z

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on April 24, 2013, 04:37:52 AM

OK; got that one too.

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on April 24, 2013, 01:53:39 PM
If you delete this LHD intruders, the speed of switching from Surface to Subway/Hydric/Zone View come back to normal!! :-\ :o

Well, that's strange. ???   I've never heard of this effect with path files before.  But if it helps, I'm not complaining. $%Grinno$%

Kuewr665

Quote from: z on April 21, 2013, 06:40:53 PM
Moonlinght broke out various options of his El Rail mod for the NAM version.  Nevertheless, the installer is designed not to install any of them unless the main mod is installed.  I just verified that this function works.  Kuewr665, could you please tell me if the folder "z__NAM\El Rail Alternate Implementation" exists directly under your Plugins folder, and if so, is there a "Core Files" folder directly underneath it?  If you could also list the files contained in those two folders (if they exist), that would be extremely helpful as well.

I don't have any version of the Moonlight El Rail alternate implementation installed anywhere on my system, not even before NAM 31.

z

Quote from: Kuewr665 on April 24, 2013, 04:13:22 PM
I don't have any version of the Moonlight El Rail alternate implementation installed anywhere on my system, not even before NAM 31.

Actually, you do, even though you didn't select it.  We've found the bug.  In the "z___NAM\Maxis Highway Override" folder, remove the file z_Moonlight_Alternate_ELR_Patch.dat, and the problem will go away.