• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Forum Look - Can we tone down the orange?

Started by mgb204, January 31, 2022, 03:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Hi,

Alex, I miss the "add to Bookmarks" button. Is it possible to get that one back too? We have the Bookmarks menu which stores all the threads that were bookmarked with the previous version, but I can't seem to be add more.
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

flann

Quote from: Tarkus on February 15, 2022, 02:17:51 AMThat's very strange . . . the permissions were set up to allow Regular Members to access it, and then it was supposed to inherit out from there.  In any case, I've explicitly permitted "likes" to all the active usergroups, so you should hopefully see it now.

-Alex

This fixed it

Tarkus

Quote from: Tyberius06 on February 15, 2022, 03:07:56 AMHi,

Alex, I miss the "add to Bookmarks" button. Is it possible to get that one back too? We have the Bookmarks menu which stores all the threads that were bookmarked with the previous version, but I can't seem to be add more.

I have the plugin for the Bookmarks feature installed, but I'm having to run it under emulation (because it's very old), and it doesn't seem the buttons are showing for some reason.  Going to have to do some more research--I'd like to get it working, but no guarantees at this point, unfortunately.

Also, you'll notice for the moment that the orange is gone, and things have reverted to the default theme.  SMF finally issued the official release of SMF 2.1 after many, many years, and then issued the 2.1.1 update right after it.  I had been using RC4 of SMF 2.1 (which was good enough that SMF was using it for their own forums), but decided to upgrade.  It seems, however, that whatever changed between 2.1 RC4 and 2.1.1 caused the theme I was using to make the Admin Panel completely unusable, so I'm going to have to redo the themes, in any case.

-Alex

CaptCity

Quote from: Tarkus on February 15, 2022, 02:17:51 AMThat's very strange . . . the permissions were set up to allow Regular Members to access it, and then it was supposed to inherit out from there.  In any case, I've explicitly permitted "likes" to all the active usergroups, so you should hopefully see it now.

-Alex

Whatever you did worked. It just showed up today. Thanks!  :thumbsup: