• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PaulvMontfort Bridges

Started by PaulvMontfort, September 21, 2007, 02:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

At the moment I have no idea about how the Maxis pylons are selected  ::) , but I will investigate a bit further to see if we can set the texture for this, or declare new ones  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Shadow Assassin

I'm not entirely sure, but it should be possible. If you can't, maybe you'll have to make that freakishly tall, or alter the LODs so they fit in better. :P

I've looked in the Reader, but it doesn't seem to have a setting controlling what retaining wall type appears.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

PaulvMontfort

here's a new render by myself. Don't mind the railway textures being of different brightness. I was experimenting with those. This is purely to look how the nightlighting looks ingame. Note that i'm using gizmo28's day-night mod:

link changed to image and image changed to jpg ;) - jeronij

jeronij

The nightlights are looking nice  :thumbsup:

What about a daylight picture  ;) ?
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Pat

I was gonna ask the very question but jeroni asked it... BTW paul wow a bridge with nitelites that would be super sweet - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jeronij

some modding work in progress ....

I hope you can notice the variable length , the first totally custom bridge with variable lenght , which has been possible thanks to a NAM team effort  :thumbsup:

PM, I will send you the definitive models and LODs tonight  ;)

After this version, I will try to go for the original version.... who knows  ::)?¿

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

iamgoingtoeatyou

Pat

sweeeeeeeeeet stuff, most defintaly...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Xiziz

Toichus Maximus

Can't wait till it's ready for release.

Shadow Assassin

Very nice!

Though, I'll admit I liked the red colour better... :P
New Horizons Productions

PaulvMontfort

the final model will be red. This is just for testing. Jeronij rendered these. I'll do the final.

Shadow Assassin

I like the green model, too, it fits in well with the whole colour scheme.

Why not have both?
New Horizons Productions

Pat

That would be kewl to have a choice of colours on this bridge imho...

rooker1

:o I agree, could we not have both colours?  I think the bridge looks fantastic.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

ryalmighty1

I too agree with having both colors. This bridge is looking very good so far. IMHO there are FAR to little bridge selectoins, even with all that the NAM has added. This would be a huge step in the right direction.
There is no end.
There is no beginning.
There is only the infinite passion of life.

-Federico Fellini

PaulvMontfort

ok, I'm done with rendering here are the pics:

About the green design: It's possible but Jeronij will have to send me new sc4model files with different ID's so I can render them.

Xiziz

Ah, these looks absolutley stunning, now i just have to make some cliffs so i can use it too :D

jeronij

Looking really nice  :thumbsup:

Excellent nightlights as well. Not sure about the texture for the cement in the start/end piece however.... maybe it is the picture quality  ;D

For a green version, not only new models and TGI's are needed, but also new mods, so It will take a while ....  ::)  , however I want to try to finish with the last version of this bridge, the one with the standard pylons and the archs toghether.... it is on my to do list, but these days I got some inspiration and I am trying to develope a more credible surface water  ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Shadow Assassin

Looks good, but the texture for the pylons aren't exactly the best...

Maybe if you ask Jeronij for the pylon textures and rail textures he used?
New Horizons Productions