• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The new Polish SC4 site: Sim City Polska was started successfully!

Started by Ennedi, November 26, 2007, 01:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

Hello all SC4 players,

I would like to proudly announce the new Polish SC4 site - Sim City Polska  :thumbsup:

It is created and managed by our good friend Mariusz (Danthe) and KACP3R. Sorry my Polish friends if I passed over it's other creators.

Polish SC4 community was a bit dispersed till this time, but there are many talented players and BATers in Poland.
There are also a few other SC4 sites in Poland, my personal intention is to help in a friendly cooperation between all Polish players and the international community.

Sim City Polska is a very young site - as I said in the title, it started ten days ago. But some nice guests visited it yet, and Serkanner sent a very nice proposition of the cooperation - thank you Eric!  :thumbsup:

I invite you all to visit Sim City Polska, I'm sure it will grow quickly.

This topic is for both Polish players and our SC4D foreign friends (so I write it in English), and it's purpose is:
- to send any propositions about SC4D - SCP cooperation, and suggestions what would be interesting for Polish and foreign players;
- to ask for any help with contacts.

Congratulations Mariusz and Kacper!  &apls

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

capo

I have seen some very fine Polish buildings on the STEX the last few months so I'm having great expectations for this site. I've just browsed it quickly and my first impression is that it looks good. I don't speak a word of polish but the navigation is so easy that you don't need to. This looks like a very nice addition to the SC community, added to favorites!

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

Ennedi

@capo, thank you very much for your visit and opinion!

If anybody has any suggestions how to make a navigation on SCP easier for foreign players (and in general - using it's resources), please inform me, I will send all propositions to the site staff.

Adam
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Serkanner

Hi Adam,

I also like the lay-out of the site and the last year have been pleasantly surprised by the arriving of quite a few Polish modellers in the community. The models presented are very nice and a great addition to the other European orientated sets of models.

To find my way around the site was also for me not very difficult and I don't speak Polish at all. The only thing I could suggest to really make it easier for foreign visitors is to install a language pack for the site ( I don't know if the package supports that however ). With a language pack installed the visitor can choose either a Polish or English lay-out of the site which will greatly improve navigation on the site. I am however sure that everybody will find his way around the site regardless the language, especially when I have been able to as well  :D

Of course I will close this post with stating that I wish the Polish site all the best for the future and hope it will continue for a long time creating and sharing those wonderful Polish buildings.

Ennedi

Hi Eric,

Your suggestion to install a language pack was sent to Sim City Polska. Thank you very much!
I think it will need at least a few weeks to collect the most important and useful ideas, implement them to the site and increase the amount of it's resources. But the most important thing is good will and I think there is enough of it on SCP. :)

Thank you very much for your wishes, we wish you a great playtime, good friends and everything best too!
New Horizons Productions

wouanagaine

Nice site, and nice Download section ! Even if I don't understand a word, the exchange if very intuitive !

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Ennedi

@wouanagaine,

Thank you for you opinion!

I asked Polish BATers for making BAT descriptions in Polish and English, I think it will be easier to understand in the near future :)
New Horizons Productions

KACP3R

Hello!
Thanks for nice comments about SimCity Polska, our download and site. Yours suggestions are needful.

Andreas

Congrats to the new site! :) I just had a look, and although I didn't understand a word apart from some English phrases (like the "Download" link), it's easy to navigate, and there seems to be quite some content already. The BATs by ferox and others are nothing short of amazing, you really have quite some talents over there! It's amazing that new SC4 sites are still being founded, after almost five years since the original SC4 release. :)
Andreas

Silur

Best regards for Poland SC4 !!!
You have excellent artists ....
I like buildings and various objects "Made in Poland" ...

Ennedi

@Andreas - thank you!

Talking with my Polish friends I told them about the SFBT section on SC4D as an example of perfect presentation  ;D of the team work! :thumbsup:

@Silur:

It's a very nice visit, you are warm welcomed in Cafe Poland! Thank you for your nice words!

I know there are (or was) some great SC4 players and BATers in Russia too, it would be very good if our contacts would be more close :)
There are not many Russian players here and I have a proposition: maybe we will can to help them too using this section?

Personally I learned Russian language many years when I was in school, and on university. I like this language vey much. Of course I forgot a lot, I haven't any occasion to speak/write in Russian last years. But everything can be improved  :D, and maybe it would be good to invite also Russians here?
My only problem is I don't know how to install Russian characters on my keyboard, and to easy change from Latin to Russian and back. Accidentally I bought a keyboard with Latin and Russian characters last few days, so... maybe someone can help me?
New Horizons Productions

snorrelli

Hi Adam,

поздравляю Вам с новым сайтом!

Changing the language options is easy in WinXP. If you use Vista, it may be the same... not sure...

1. Go to Control Panel > Date, time, language and regional options > add other languages >

2. Then, under "text services and input languages," click on the button marked "detail."

3. Under "installed services" click on the button marked "add" and select Russian from the list.

4. Then at the bottom, under "preferences" click on the "language bar" button and check "show the language bar on the desktop".

That should give you a little box on the taskbar, right next to the system tray, that uses two letter abbreviations for the active languages. My default language is English, so the box says EN...

Polish is probably PL. Russian is RU, etc. Then, if you click on the box, you can quickly switch between input languages...

Надеюсь это поможет!

As for linkages between the new site and SC4D, I suggest a kind of gallery or announcement thread here, to let us know when something new has been posted at Sim City Polska and what the relevant details are... ;)
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

KACP3R

If You want help us, You can write suggestions in this topic on SC Polska. Presently on the SCP We emerge "SimCity Polska Guide". On the forum are english descriptions section's.

Ennedi

Спасйбо Снорелли, мой хороший друг!  :thumbsup:

Thank you Snorelli! these Russian characters on the keyboard are something completely new for me!  :D
But everything is easy with good friends  :)
New Horizons Productions

wouanagaine

Not sure if I understand correctly,but it is needed to register for posting and downloading, isn't it ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Ennedi

Quote from: wouanagaine on November 26, 2007, 01:47:33 PM
Not sure if I understand correctly,but it is needed to register for posting and downloading, isn't it ?

Yes :)
New Horizons Productions

KACP3R

Site Guide is (amost) done. You can read this on our forum; "What? Where? How?" SimCity Polska Guide

RippleJet

SimCityPolska looks very good for being such a young site! :thumbsup:

If you want to browse the site I recommend going via www.translatica.pl ()stsfd()
But don't venture into posting in Polish yourself! $%Grinno$% :D

Thanks, KACP3R for that link! :)

KACP3R

We have problems with english version - now is inactive.
Please, use polish version.

jeronij

Just noticed the birth of the new SCPolska site  ::) ... Congratulations to all the involved in the developing and support  :thumbsup: ¡¡¡

It seems that I'll have to wait a bit to navigate in english, but what I have seen so far is elegant, and the site works really fast  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary