• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Brown box help - streetlights at night

Started by ElPhantasmo69, February 07, 2007, 12:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElPhantasmo69

Does anyone have any idea as to why my avenue light standards do this at night only? I can't find a mod that I've installed to change the default avenue lights, and I'm positive that my SC4 is patched up as much as can be (I could be wrong; I'm not God).

EDIT - I may have helped myself after about two months of putting up with it and finally breaking down and asking for help. Turns out the Athens Olympic Stadium (which I've never bothered to delete) can cause this.

jeronij

Hello ElPhantasmo,
I cant help you saying a mod name / dependency  ::) .

I would suggest you that you try to detect what is causing the problem, following the "traditional reverse engineering" method  ;)

Rename your plugins folder to anything different. Create a new plugins forlder empty. Run the game. Do the avenues work ok ?¿, then start copying the mods/lots/bats you suspect may be causing this to the new plugins folder. Do it one by one. I mean, copy the first and run the game. If this is not the one, exit and copy the second, and so on until you find the one that makes the brown boxes to show. If you have plugins also in C:\Program Files, you should follow the same process for both folders.

Once you have found the mod that created this conflict, you can decide to delete it, or search the readme and install the needed dependencies.

I hope this helps.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Badsim

HI ,

Have you already verify that it isn't a light mod from cogeo ? I use them and under LE I've found props coming with these mods .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

ElPhantasmo69

Thanks for your help, guys. Turns out that the Athens Olympic Stadium was the culprit after all.