• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Program doesn't recognize city

Started by Sorengaard, March 26, 2008, 03:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorengaard

Hey all,  Here I go once again.  After using the Terraformer to set up my region I started a city as well as put trees and do more simcity terraforming in other parts of the region.  I didn't incorporate those cities, just two of them,  including the main city I began working on.  Now when I go back into the Terraformer it doesn't list the city I started.  It calls it "Nouvelle ville" along with six or seven other cities.  There are also cities called New City as well.  Even though the city is new it still has some of the changes I have made.  If I make changes and go back to SimCity it considers it a new city and I lose all the work done there.  I have copies so I haven't lost anything but I don't know how to now use the Terraformer.  I prefer it over the SimCity one but guess I have to just stick with that one.  I read in the ReadMe section that cities that have been started can cause problems so I am assuming that I just have to use the Terraformer up till I start building cities.  If I am wrong any help would be appreciated. Hope I explained this correctly.   Thanks once again.   Steve

wouanagaine

In SC4TF, if you want to make change to an already started city, you should 'unlock' them
When you save an unlocked city, SC4TF will ask you if you want to save the city as
a new one ( no more tree, god mod )
or
leave the trees and mayor mod

if you have made major terraforming in an already incorporated city, like raising the whole city, all buildings, textures and props will be underground

You should only terraform in an unbuild part of an incorporated city if you don't want to have problem
look at this tutorial http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14.0 to have a better idea

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Sorengaard

I think I did originally save the city in the god mode so it makes sense that I turned it into a new city.  My problem now though is that I had saved the city before I tried the changes so I didn't lose anything.  But now the Terraforma won't recognize the old saved city that I reloaded. It makes it new before I do anything at all.  It is as if the city never existed (in the terraforma only, not simcity) even though it is in the region file. I don't know how to get the terraforma now to recognize it and not open the region with a new city.

wouanagaine

Does the game recognize the city ?
Try to incorporate that city in another test region and back in the current region it may helps

Other than that, I have no clue at all

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4