• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Official Terry Pratchett Thread

Started by Diggis, May 25, 2008, 12:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

Quote from: Diggis on May 27, 2008, 08:55:18 AM
K, point taken.  And Tony Robinson voiced the first computer game and was perfect.

And how about Mark Addy (Full Monty, Shaun of the Dead) as Colon.  Possibly a bit young, maybe Colon from Night Watch.
Say, can someone here quickly find about 10 mill? Looks like the perfect production team for "Nightwatch - The Movie" is already assembled here..  :satisfied:

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

callagrafx

I always thought of Timothy Spall when I think of Fred...And despite his menace, the only person with the physique to pull off Carrot would be Vinnie Jones (with his hair dyed, that is).

Quote from: HandsOn on May 27, 2008, 09:02:28 AM
Say, can someone here quickly find about 10 mill? Looks like the perfect production team for "Nightwatch - The Movie" is already assembled here..  :satisfied:

Let me just check my spare change pot  :D :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Diggis

Quote from: callagrafx on May 27, 2008, 09:05:51 AM
I always thought of Timothy Spall when I think of Fred...And despite his menace, the only person with the physique to pull off Carrot would be Vinnie Jones (with his hair dyed, that is).

I find Timothy Spall a little too creepy and sly.  Not quite Gormless enough.  And I was trying to think of someone who could pull off Carrot.  Vinnie does have the imposing figure, but possibly not the innocence.  :D

Shadow Assassin

I wonder who would be good to play Carcer in Night Watch? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

callagrafx

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 28, 2008, 03:37:12 AM
I wonder who would be good to play Carcer in Night Watch? :P

That's easy....Ray Winstone  :thumbsup:

Gary Oldman  is definitely Capt Swing

Had a rethink on Colon...either Richard Griffiths (Mr Dursley from HP) or Robbie Coltrane (who would pull it off to perfection I reckon).
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Diggis

Robbie coltrane gets my vote for old Colon.

And I'll give you Ray Winstone. 

HandsOn

Agreeing with Diggis here, I must. And Richard Griffiths' grouchy demeanor would probably be better suited to play Albert, Death's undying man-servant..

QuoteGeography is just physics slowed down, with a couple of trees stuck in it.  - The last Continent

callagrafx

One of the best quotes....ever....
QuoteRidcully was to management what King Herod was to the Bethlehem Playgroup Association.

Shadow Assassin

QuoteAnd Richard Griffiths' grouchy demeanor would probably be better suited to play Albert, Death's undying man-servant..

And he does look kind of like what I imagined Albert to be. :P

On the bright side, at least it'd be very cheap to do Death's Domain. :P
New Horizons Productions

Diggis

I saw TP on the news this morning talking about Alzheimer's and thought the man himself you play a great Bursar.

HandsOn

QuoteReal stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. - Hogfather

catty

I'm should be thinking of "who" should play "who" in the books, but I can't get past David Jason as Rincewind, I mean Rincewind what was he thinking, I could just about see him as the tourist Twoflower, but Rincewind ...  ()sad()

Quote from: callagrafx on May 27, 2008, 12:48:28 AM
I really enjoyed Hogfather as they kept close to the book and the casting was inspired, however The Colour of Magic/The Light Fantastic didn't work for me because David Jason was just not Rincewind. Rincewind has always been described (and illustrated) as young, skinny and bedraggled ....

notices the Luggage in the corner and wanders over to have a look at it

SNAP
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Shadow Assassin

Rincewind in that movie looks too old!

I was expecting him to be maybe, about mid-20s, like an university student or something. Not an old guy. :P
New Horizons Productions

HandsOn

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 29, 2008, 02:10:27 AM
Rincewind in that movie looks too old!

I was expecting him to be maybe, about mid-20s, like an university student or something. Not an old guy. :P
Nah, Rincewind is an old survivor; in the the first book at one point he even mentiones that he's been at the university for a long long time - he just never finished his studies. But he'll be gangly, narrow-faced, with a straggly, thinned out beard, and hand-me-down robes. Jason was simply too rotound..

Diggis

Quote from: HandsOn on May 29, 2008, 03:39:05 AM
Nah, Rincewind is an old survivor; in the the first book at one point he even mentiones that he's been at the university for a long long time - he just never finished his studies. But he'll be gangly, narrow-faced, with a straggly, thinned out beard, and hand-me-down robes. Jason was simply too rotound..

And not really cynical enough.

catty

In memory "GNU Terry Pratchett"

QuoteTerry Pratchett's 33rd Discworld novel, Going Postal, tells of the creation of an internet-like system of communication towers called "the clacks". When John Dearheart, the son of its inventor, is murdered, a piece of code is written called "GNU John Dearheart" to echo his name up and down the lines. "G" means that the message must be passed on, "N" means "not logged", and "U" means the message should be turned around at the end of a line.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/shortcuts/2015/mar/17/terry-pratchetts-name-lives-on-in-the-clacks-with-hidden-web-code

For those people that want to know what sites have implemented this code on their site you can downloaded the firefox or chrome addon to see it, the code has been added over at

www.city-builders.info

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.