• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Devotion bugs and technical issues...

Started by jeronij, November 05, 2006, 05:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Wounagaine, I see you are using netscape. Could this be the reason ?¿. The forums should be compatible with any browser, but after the changes I am making....well....who knows... :-\

Can you try with IE ?¿. Or clean you netscape cache..I dont know..This is the first site I try to maintain and I try my best  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

wouanagaine

Well I'm using FF , your replied was aligned ok, then I hit CTRL-F5 to force a reload, and everything got unaligned
I try with IE and everything is ok

I also try from my office PC, using FF, and everything was ok

So don't bother, I can live with that :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

bat

The texts in the "Upload Test"-area are slided! They cut with the frames or you can not see the whole texts (words).
I refer on the text "Description" and "Image 01" / "Image 02" in this area!

Hope you can solve this problem soon!

Edit: Here a picture about this bug:

jeronij

Hi to all,

is someone else having this graphic issue ?¿

bat, which browser and at what resolution are you looking that page ?¿

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

TheTeaCat

Hi Jeronij

Yes i have the same graphic error. thought it was just because i did not have the window enlarged.

I use firefox with resolution at 1027 x768.

copy of post wasn't sure where to put it
Ok Have sent a file to you.

But I did not see any confirmation notice. It went straight to the upload screen again. Was monitoring my bandwidth at the same time and to be honest I didn't notice any activity there either.

There's my two cents for the moment, did you get the file if not I shall try again.

:satisfied:

Edit
tried first file again and says name already exists so I guess you got it. Tried with a second it seems to be there too but there is no way of knowing unless you tried to send the same thing a second time. Then you get the warning. Hope this helps  &mmm

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

TheTeaCat

Things I have noticed are

1. That since the upload test came online the sites clock seems to have gained 12 hours.

2. The link on the forums home page for new messages  does not show them.

I don't know if this is related or not, &mmm
but thought you might like to know ::)

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

mjig_dudy

I got the same problems with theupload form as TheTeaCat and bat on firefox and Opera, but not Internet explorer 7 on resolution 1280x1024. I also tried testing out with diffrent resolutions and it didn't make any diffrence.

So by the looks of it only works correctly with Internet Explorer whatever the resolution.

Interstingly i did another little test, i used the The web browser in google earth and it displayed fine on there. However I dont think it is using internet explorer because if i open it in a another window it opens in firefox and displays incorrectly again

bat

I use firefox 2.0 with the resolution 1280 x 980 Pxl.

jeronij

I have changed a little bit the upload form`s design, but it seems it is not working right with Firefox yet. I´ll try to correct it again asap.

TTC,
QuoteThings I have noticed are

1. That since the upload test came online the sites clock seems to have gained 12 hours.

2. The link on the forums home page for new messages  does not show them.

???  Is this still happening for you ?¿. I havent noticed this so far  :-\

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

TheTeaCat

No. It seems to be ok now. The correct time is showing and the link to the new messages seems to be ok now.

Thanks for checking it out though.

Edit. Another thing i noticed is a difference in the number of members we have.See pic

Call me picky but you did say you would like to see all the bugs we encountered! ;D

bat

The "Gallery button" appears only if you have click on the "File Downloads - button" before!!!

jeronij

Quote from: bat on December 11, 2006, 05:10:21 AM
The "Gallery button" appears only if you have click on the "File Downloads - button" before!!!

It sounds weird. Can you try to clear you internet temporary files and try again ?¿. If it does not work, I guesss you use Firefox, so I will have to search some information about this issue.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jeronij

Hello again bat, I have installed Firefox in my computer and I have tested the page. I can see all the menus and submenus without problems.

However I had to delete the cookie imported from IExplorer to be able to logout and login again, so I was able to see all the menu options.

In fact I am writing this message from Firefox  ;D

EDIT: I have also slightly modified the upload form, so you can see it better in Firefox, but I can not make it look like EXACTLY the same in both, IE and FF, so I´ll leave it the way it is, until the new file exchange arrives  ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

It's O.K. now, after I used the button "logout" - and than the buttin "login"!

Thanks, jeronij!

bat

Hi!

There comes always the text "
Database Error: Table 'jeronij_joom1.smf_sessions' doesn't exist
File: /home/jeronij/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1984"
under the search-box :angrymore:!!

Hope you can solve this  :)

Colyn

Jeroni ... I think there is a potential serious issue in your page design ... or something else is at play ... your pages are not streaming down ... they sit on the server untill all content is in and then BAM it pops into the browser. Once you site gets busy that is what will kill your server.

It is almost as if your pages are streaming into a table .... and that will not come to the browser untill everything is there ... take a look on the BSC Board and on ST ... the forum page streams and the pictures render to the browser and not to the host server.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

jeronij

Quote from: bat on December 19, 2006, 10:02:50 AM
Hi!

There comes always the text "
Database Error: Table 'jeronij_joom1.smf_sessions' doesn't exist
File: /home/jeronij/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1984"
under the search-box :angrymore:!!

Hope you can solve this  :)

Solved  ;D

The next one seems more serious.... &mmm

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

Thanks for solving this "bug"!

Here's the next:

there stands at the new members-box on November that we had 90 new members at this month and new members on December 110. That are for me 200 new members in total,
but in the general statistic stands that we have only 96 members...

Hope you can also solve this bug!

Edit:
The thread (48+63=111 and not 102) and post (1644+1426=3070 and not 3025) number also don't square (in the two statistics) ;)

jeronij

HI bat and TTC,

it seems the stats dont take account of the members deletions  ;) . I guess the diference in the number of members is due to this.

Also the numbers dont square because there are threads and posts which are private, and it seems sometimes are being used for the stats and sometimes not. Anyway, that is nothing that I can solve myself, so I should ask for help to the forums creators. Do you think is really worth it ?¿

bat, I think I will have to change your label to SC4Devotion Bugs Nightmare ....or something like this ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

TheTeaCat

Lol jeroni

Its not a problem for me but i just thought that you'd like to know.

Congratulations on +200 members