• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Badsim's testing ground .

Started by Badsim, October 01, 2009, 04:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

Fantastic work Cedric!  &apls &apls &apls
It's really a great pleasure to see you at work, and I think you created a really strong team together with your friends  :thumbsup:

The amount and quality of details in your lots is really great and I have a little suggestion for you to help to show them in their full beauty:

- Don't use zoom 6. It gives a blurry look and jagged edges along contrasting lines. When you are in zoom 5, press Ctrl X and then use a command Sizeof (for example if you will type Sizeof 1,5 your picture will increase it's size by 1,5). Sizeof between 1,2 and 1,3 works pretty well, details are better visible and their quality is still good. you can also try Sizeof 1,5.
(Edit: Zoom 5 + Sizeof 2 = zoom 6)

You can also try another method, you can buy Photo Zoom Pro 2. It is an excellent program to enlarging pictures and it is not very expensive. I played with it a bit lately (unfortunately I haven't time to make an update and show pictures  ::)) and I'm very satisfied with results.

Adam  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Une_ame

Orange work and the other comments looks like a plebicite &apls!!!!!

U deserve it &hlp &hlp.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Yan077

What can I say....I think nothing when I look the animated Orange"s picture..., I just can admire your outstanding work, I think you reached the extreme limit of this game...
it's.......UN-BE-LIE-VA-BLE ?=mad)=

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Badsim

O.K. folks , you won ...  ::)

I didn't want to show these pictures of the whole place before to have finished it , but I have to admit it will take me 3 or 4 weeks more , so ...

The site from Google :

The reconstruction site from Badsim :

I'm working on everything at the same time , radiating from Eglise de la Madeleine as center , to add the details . The most difficult is just to find where to stop around , I do not intend to recreate the whole Paris !  $%Grinno$%

Emmanuel : Your desires are orders , sir ... *** Flag removed ***  This is why I want you to correct me where I'm wrong . Simply , I noticed there're a lot more French flags on parisian roofs than I thought , but , indeed , I should have remembered this is ... a church . And we don't joke here with secularism !  :D

David : Oh my David , what have you done !?!  :'( Thank you so much ... don't know what to say either . I know your flame for that project , I know we are growing there together but I don't know where we're going ... and that's too late to come back . Props or BATs ? Nothing in mind to suggest you for the time being ... if ... if I were you ... I would become the next Porkissimo . There's not a single day I'm not thinking about him . On past week I sent Eric (Porkie) a message . I told him all my gratefulness , requesting nothing , and whishing him his life is as close as possible than he dreamed it . ::)

Carlos : Oh my Carlos , what have we done ?!?  :'( Thank you so much for these words , I know they mean a lot from a discreet mind like your ... I just hope our motivations - and recklessness - will keep on feed themselves and each other . $%Grinno$%

Andreas : Thanks a lot mate ! :thumbsup: Hmmmmm ... CXL ... CXL will never live enough long . It will die before , alone or killed by another more superb game . Monte Christo is CXL , WE are SC4 . And it will never happen again . My prediction . But I've never been good with predictions ... :D

Adam : How d'you do , my « old » friend ?  :) Nice to have you there with always something to teach me . What a discovery , indeed ! I'm playing with that new function ... depending the zoom level , it seems better to reduce than to enlarge ... I need some practice but thank you from now for that excellent teaching !  :thumbsup:

Thank you too , for all others comments ... there're all touching and I enjoy that kind of support and enthusiasm . Bernhard , I just hope your're not that serious ... I use to read your posts as I know I'll always find something interesting to see or to read ! Yes , I know ; I should comment more often ... I'm not the only one enjoying support and enthusiasm ... I know . ::)

*********************************************************************************************

Fighting today here with undesirable grass strips ...

And , tomorrow , there with lightings .

I wanna use Gizmo's Mod for the Triumphal Way . Alas , it reveals all missing lightings . Some props have surely badly configured .SC4DESC files , some others - due to their Occupant Size - are overhanging their Lot . Have to check up and correct all that , using Plugin Manager and Ilive Reader . A perfectionist way of life ...

Please , do not feel obliged to comment  each time I post , if you don't want to get quickly tired of repeating « Unbelievable » , I know the views counter is running fast and that's enough to make me happy . :thumbsup:

Later.

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

vnaoned

I would say ... yes! Unbelievable!  ;D

By the way it's great, in fact it's more than amazing...

And that would be a great step on if you could find a trick to remove all the props and the grass strip in the middle of avenues.
More than that your idea of re-texturing the roads and avenues in a more parisian style is a great idea. I hope someone will find time to do it.

So just keep impress us...  &apls

citymax

The Eglise de la madeleine is just very realistic &apls   :thumbsup:, i'm very surprised,  is a photo  ??? ?   $%Grinno$%

iamgoingtoeatyou

Unbelievable Unbelievable Unbelievable ! I just want to keep repeating it over and over because that's what this is, absolutely unbelievable!

CabraBuitre

Check out Abelfarei!

manchou

Very good work! It's so impressive but are making some props in HD to replace the props in SD? It would be better and more beautiful !
My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

Girafe

OMg  &apls &apls &apls &apls

Awesome pictures I love the night pic

very good job

ps : I continue with the trees but I don't think there are better than which you use we will see  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Earth quake

Wow, it's just amazing. :o
The place of "église de la Madeleine" is just splendid and impressive. &apls &apls &apls

gottago

Your work is spectacular, I say it but it does not need to be said  $%Grinno$%

Only one very minor flaw I can see--at least 90% of Parisian cars are black, white, grey or silver. I noticed this the other day and knowing your love of perfection, I just wanted to let you know that your traffic is too colorful--or Parisians are too drab in their taste ;)

Badsim

Hello , in there ...

I've worked about Place de la Madeleine , but this is not the subject of this post ... I think I'll come back later on Place de la Madeleine to finish it . For the time being , as I recieved a first batch of props for Place de La Concorde from David  and  Vincent , I've stated to LotEdit Place de la Concorde part 1 ( The place will be divided in 3 Lots ) . That's a  complex work trying to keep on being accurate with the avenues/one-ways layout and traffic of the real one . The  roadway between the place and Hôtel Crillon  is an overhanging prop re-covering  an one-way ... and at the same time , this Lot is transit enabled for an avenue crossing that one-way and entering the place . That's really hard to reproduce the famous Olympian traffic jam , even with strong traffic generators ... but this is only an early view of what should be the final result . Then , I hope you'll not able to tell at the first look what is static, what is moving !  $%Grinno$%

David ; as you can see , I have had to renounce to use the sidewalks props as I get a problem of shadow for the others props placed on them .  ::) That said , your photo realistic textures are enough excellent and convincing to go without them  :thumbsup: ... I'm waiting for the others props to start as well part 2 & 3 . ;D

On a side note , I really hope we find someone to release a corresponding avenues Mod . ::)

I'm busy too with some works for Vincent , so do not expect spectacular progresses before December .

Thanks for your comments & attention . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

seraf

Omg, this is incredible what you do guys  &apls
When I saw the picture at first I thought that is not simcity. :o
Great work, and.... may I ask for a closer look of Hittorf's fountain?  ;D

Ennedi

At last I see realistic road textures in SC4!  &dance &dance &dance

Fantastic work Cedric and the whole team!  :thumbsup:

Adam

Edit:
Quote from: Badsim on November 13, 2009, 03:49:38 AM
(...)
On a side note , I really hope we find someone to release a corresponding avenues Mod . ::)
(...)

Only for avenues?... ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Yan077

I know you're bored to read that, but I'm not afraid to repeat that's once again unbelievable  :D

And I agree you absolutely need to find someone to release a new avenue Mod with grey textures, because the contrast is crying  :'(

Good luck for the next step ;).

Badsim

Adam : I can only agree with that entusiasm ... thanks to David & Youcef for the textures ! As you said , that's the result of a team , while I'm just the Lots editor of the project .

A closer view ...

Quote from: Ennedi on November 13, 2009, 04:47:01 AM

Only for avenues?... ;)

No . Of course , it would affect roads and one-ways as well . Well , are you suggecting something I don't dare to believe ?  ;D

Yann : More largely than for that project , it's time to create an european Mod that would deserve that name , indeed .

Seraf : Here is the fountain , closer than you'll never see it ingame , unfortunately :http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=9034.20

Later .

Cédric.

Fabian93

&apls &apls

I am amazed.
I didn't write often here, so far, but I have been following that whole project closely - it's just unbelievable what you, or better the whole TTW team is going to achieve.
Those recent shots (Place de la Madeleine & Place de la Concorde) are so detailed and accurate :thumbsup:

I can not wait to see more of it and I wonder what this project will bring us in the future ()what()
Keep up the great work,

Fabian