• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The 'Speak Only In Questions' Thread

Started by Ryan B., February 09, 2007, 05:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bob56

Why isn't the title 'Is The Speaking Only in Questions Thread?'
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

JoeST

jmyers2043

Does it seem that I misunderstood the process of dichotomous question speaking when I spoke before of the hairless haircut? Did I miss the point of it all? Nay, for reason that a rhetorical question be spoken or written in order to make a point which need not necessarily be answered? So can it also be said of the speaking only in question form? Shall I be limited to speak only in terms of irrelevancy? Or shall I speak using forms of irreverent questioning such as may be found in the apparently irrelevant question, the hypothetical question, or the unanswerable question? Was not the point of the question regarding said haircut to cause the curious to wander the depths of their thoughts and question about that 30% of men? And then answer in kind in question form? Such as, how they are related too and are examples of, and why they are significant to the one who first admitted as much as to be without a lot of hair? Do not inquiring question talkers want to know?
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

SimGoober

When life just blows ... Fukitol!

Albus of Garaway

What is that in SimGoober's avatar, exactly?

JoeST

is it not fukitol? does it not help him in the creation process? :D

SimGoober

Ah yes, the ever lasting affects of consuming one's one creations... It is wonderful, is it not?

But lets us digress to the teachings of Buddha, shall we?  And learn the answer to the question; how do we answer a question?

QuoteThere are these four ways of answering questions. Which four? There are questions that should be answered categorically [straightforwardly yes, no, this, that]. There are questions that should be answered with an analytical (qualified) answer [defining or redefining the terms]. There are questions that should be answered with a counter-question. There are questions that should be put aside. These are the four ways of answering questions.

Now that we understand the process of answering questions, shall we answer some more?

XiahouDun

Is SG going to propose more questions, or should I just tell you the answer is 42 right now?
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

JoeST

is the answer really 42? and which base are you basing that deduction in?

SimGoober

So if my age is 42, then I AM the answer ?!?

Muh ha haaaaa....

art128

How in earth did I never see this thread ??  ???
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

JoeST

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Ryan B. on February 09, 2007, 05:02:53 PM
Which way did he go, George?

Does anybody know if the original question seen in the above quote  has ever been answered?

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

JoeST

Quote from: TheTeaCat on July 31, 2009, 10:54:12 AM
Does anybody know if the original question seen in the above quote  has ever been answered?
If it was, do you really want to know the answer?

Strategist01

Why would I want to know the answer?

Ryan B.

Did I forget that I started this game?

JoeST

Jmouse

Don't you think it's about time someone answered the most important question that's been asked?

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II