• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Updates (Turn 20)

Started by nedalezz, July 27, 2011, 03:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedalezz

A preview of what Rawa'a looks like come Turn Seven :)

nedalezz

Hey guys!

Here is the Information Sheet for Turn Seven! If you notice, I have added quite a little more information on the town's info page :) All information is relevant and will play a role in the shaping Dunya! Don't worry, the upate for Turn Seven will follow soon (Its Ramadan and fasting is getting the best of me :( ) Here you go!

Exla357

Hoo boy, im gone for 2 days and Rawa'a explodes!

nedalezz

Turn Seven

Population: 840
GDP: $3,360,000 ($4,000 per person annually)
Education Level: Lowest
Government Projects: DOIL Gas Station

Central Rawa'a as begun to take shape, and during the mornings, when most of the town crowds onto Main and Corner Streets to do their business, the energy and buzz can be felt. The construction on the 3 houses the government was building to rent out has been done, thanks to the efficient hand of Salford Construction. Although they are still unoccupied, given the lack of quality residences in Rawa'a, they won't be for long.

Kim Presston has opened up the largest farm in Dunya west of town and just north of the Geothermal Power Plant. The farm, located on Edward Ezamsi Street, is made up of 3 different lands, combined to make one farm. In total, the farm is 51 plots, or 5,100 sq. meters. Presston will be in direct competition with Clarence as they both own fruit farms.

The government has registered its first company, the Dunya Oil Company, or DOIL. Construction on a petrol station on the corner of Edward Ezamsi Street and Drift Lane has already begun, and approximately $120,000 will be invested in it. DOIL has already ordered oil that will last the country 6 months.

Here is the Information Sheet for Turn Seven! If you notice, I have added quite a little more information on the town's info page :) All information is relevant and will play a role in the shaping Dunya! Don't worry, the upate for Turn Seven will follow soon (Its Ramadan and fasting is getting the best of me :( ) Here you go!

Exla357

I think once I make a bit more money I'll build my own house...

marsh

Maybe when I'll get enough money, I'll get a store.  ::) My only question is where are they getting all the wood for these houses.  :D

nedalezz

Turn Eight

Population: 1,022
GDP: $4,292,400 ($4,200 per person annually)
Labor Force: 520
Government Projects: The Dunya Daily Building

The most evident change in Rawa'a over the past few months is the farms that have popped up to the north and west of the town. While most of them are harvesting fruits and vegetables, the town also saw the opening of 3 new ranches, as well as its first registered fishing company, owned by David Davis. The annual demand for Life Neccessity (fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, liquids) products is approximately $2,450,000, of which $820,000 is for fruits and vegetables. The local market is now growing almost 35% of all fruits and vegetables, something that will surely start to reflect on the prices of the products for the consumer.

Closer to the center of town, construction is nearly everywhere one looks. To the south of the Royal Residence, a small affluent residential neighborhood has developed around the Khassem Residence on Trait and Jalmi Lanes. The construction material is all imported, including the wood used to construct the houses. Terrence Salford, owner of Salford Construction, also just completed his own residence on his 400 sq. meter (2x2) land on the corner of Edward Ezamsi Street and Drift Lane. It cost $120,000 upon completion, excluding the worth of the land. The government has recently contracted Salford Construction to develop its $250,000 project on Edward Ezamsi Street that will house its newspaper, the Dunya Daily. Set to go off into circulation within the next few months, it will be Dunya's first puplication.

A milestone was reached in Rawa'a over the past few months as the population grew past 1,000 residents. It was also marked by the increase in GDP per person for the first time ever, growing from $4,000 annually to $4,200.

Finally, here is the Dunya Information sheet for Turn Eight!

marsh

This desert is looking like a completely different place.  :)

nedalezz

Turn Nine

Population: 1,203
GDP: $5,052,600 ($4,200 per person annually)
Labor Force: 610

The last 6 months has seen a number of residents move out the basic government shacks and in to their own houses, as evident by the residential neighborhood that has developed to the south and west of the Royal Residence. Jalmi Lane and Edward Ezamsi Street have become popular choices for the those wanting to build their own homes, especially the southern part of the town.

Across the Rawa'a Primary School, a new comic book and sports card shop has been opened by David Darnell, a new immigrant to town who has acquired a 2x1 land on Drift Lane. The choice for opening the store across from the primary school was that he wanted to be as close to his target market as possible.

King Edward Ezamsi has promised that studies are underway for the construction of a larger dock after meeting with the businessmen of Rawa'a last month. He said that their demands for a new dock is justified as the current pier has had large problems handling the growing number of imports into Dunya. The pier is currently over capacity and pretty soon will be unable to meet the demands of the town due to its basic and undersized facilities.

I will leave you with the overview shot of Rawa'a, along with a mosaic of the CBD of the town. Enjoy!

Here is the Dunya Information sheet for Turn Nine!

The Dunya Information Sheet

nedalezz

Rawa'a through its first 5 years!

nedalezz

Turn Ten

Population: 1,467
GDP: $6,161,400 ($4,200 per person annually)
Labor Force: 660

Under the initiative set by King Edward Ezamsi which gives all government employees access to loans that allows them to buy small plots of land and construct their own houses on them, Rawa'a has seen a burst in the construction sector currently occupied by the government and Salford Construction Company. The loans are typically repaid over a span of 12 to 13 years, and have generally been for around $80,000 to $100,000. The Bank of Dunya has announced large profits due to the substantial amount of loan repayments.

The CBD of Rawa'a has slowly taken a life of its own, and nowadays it is filled with small stores carrying fashion, electronics, groceries, hardware, and even a pharmacy. There have also been 3 restaurants that have opened for business along Main Street, overlooking the tranquil Indian Ocean. While the bustle during the day time is expected for a town whose commercial activity is completely revolved around the stretch between Edward Ezamsi Street and First Street along Main Street, the activity and buzz after the sun goes down is a new thing to Rawa'a.

The government recently unveiled its plan to satisfy the religious needs of its people, giving the approval for the construction of both a church and mosque. Both will be constructed near the Rawa'a Police Station, with the church on Madrasa Street and the mosque on First Street. They will cost $750,000 and $500,000 upon completion, respectively. With Dunya being a country of mixed faith, the government wanted to send a message that there was no preferences when it came to those different faiths, and that all Dunyans are one.

Also on First Street will be the government's largest investment yet; the Rawa'a Central Hospital. The hospital, which is scheduled for completion a year and half from now, will cost approximately $1,000,000. It covers a total of 900 square meters, including the parking area, and will feature and Emergency Room, as well as a Surgery Department. King Edward Ezamsi will open it personally.

Land prices around the CBD have jumped from $1,200 a plot to $1,500 a plot. Everything on Main Street from Edward Ezamsi to First Street, as well as parts of Corner Street, will benefit in this increase in prices. Additionally, prices in south Rawa'a have also risen to $1,200 per plot.

Here is the Dunya Information sheet for Turn Nine!

The Dunya Information Sheet

Exla357

I believe back in turn 1 or 2, you said the longer I work, the more influence I have as a Government Employee. How will that play out now?

nedalezz

Yep! Influence will be able to be used in a number of ways, which I will introduce as the game plays out. But what it is primarily used for, is for politics. Basically, the influence can be used to work your way up the political ladder. At some point, there will be elections, and there will be a vote for Prime Minister. Ofcourse, real players are free to run! With the Prime Minister role comes power ;) such as decision making in terms of development of the town. As the town grows, construction will need permits - lets say you bought a piece of land in a residential neighborhood, and you want to build a nightclub, or a ranch. Most likely, your permit will be denied. The Prime Minister will have such powers!

marsh

Love the surge of growth and construction. The city is growing very fast.  :)

Deionn

Looks like I'm sitting on this land till prices skyrocket.

Exla357

So if the natural growth moves to adjacent tiles, will you show that too, or is the main focus here?

nedalezz

No, all growth will be shown :)

nemanjanv7

Hi NEDALEZZ and everyone. I've just read all your posts and are very impressed with your Dunya project.

I would like to join this project with my girlfriend, too. I saw you mentioned marriage and stuff, so I was wondering if it is possible that we arrive to DUNYA as a married couple. I would like for my ingame name to be Nemanya Woynitsch and I would like to be a trader.

If you accepted our offer she would register to SC4devotion. also can we see which houses are available to buy/rent and the prices.

thank you and sorry if this was the wrong thread.
- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya

nedalezz

Hey!

Sure, you can definitely join up as married couple!

Everyone starts out with a default $20,000 - as a trader you can invest in a Market Stall ($1,500) and sell Life Neccessities, or request a loan from the Bank of Dunya to open up a showroom (1x1, or 100 sq. meters, goes for $50,000) and sell whatever you'd like :)

As for your wife, will she be having her own job, or will you be operating your businesses as a family?

nemanjanv7

Excellent!!!

She will now make an account on SC4 Dev ;).

I will take a loan ($50.000) and open up a showroom. Maybe call it "Woynitsch Optics" and sell sunglasses and optical glasses if possible. As for my wife, her ingame name will be Adella, and she will be Government worker. She studied ecology (but king doesn't approve her diploma, yet ;P), so she could work as inspector in GT plant, water pump or something similar. If there is money left we would also like to enrolle school. Not sure how much it is, though

P.S. can we pick where to live? and I suppose we can live in the same house, right? As Woynitsch household.
  :)

- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya