• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Multi Fsh Tool

Started by null45, May 02, 2010, 08:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

null45

A few more bugs in the dat saving code fixed, file version updated to 1.3.0.5. :thumbsup:

null45

The export Alpha button has been fixed, HD images can now be any size instead if only 256x256 or larger.

File version updated to 1.3.0.6.

null45

Added support for embedded mipmaps, file version updated to 1.3.0.7;)

NCGAIO

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

:thumbsup: Great as always ... thanks!

null45

Fixed a mipmap generation bug, file version updated to 1.3.0.8.

Swordmaster

I'm having some problems creating base textures with this. For some reason, I always end up with overlay textures, even though I don't add an alpha. I thought selecting DXT1 would solve it, but it simply creates a white overlay. I use this setup:

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers
Willy

vortext

Yeah, the same thing happens to me from time to time and usually the textures still contain transparancy. If you use Photoshop make sure base textures are set as 'background', while overlays are set as a 'layer'. Otherwise seach around how this is done in the software you're using. Hope this helpes.  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Swordmaster

Quote from: vortext on September 23, 2012, 09:07:30 AM
Yeah, the same thing happens to me from time to time and usually the textures still contain transparancy. If you use Photoshop make sure base textures are set as 'background', while overlays are set as a 'layer'. Otherwise seach around how this is done in the software you're using. Hope this helpes.  :)

Never figured the textures themselves to be the problem - great tip. Turns out I needed to remove the alpha channel. Thanks!

Cheers
Willy

null45

Fixed a crash when reading the instance range, file version updated to 1.3.1.0.

null45

Added support for preserving existing attachments within a fsh file, file version updated to 1.3.1.1.

null45

Fixed a regression in 1.3.1.1.

vortext

Ran into a puzzling issue: I have one specific texture which generates the following error :

I'm using four 256px pngs as input and afaik they have no discernible difference from the other ~30 textures I did so far, nor am I doing anything different.

Also note I'm using version 1.3.0.0. I tried using version 1.3.1.3 this morning but no matter what I try it says 'an invalid header was read' right after selecting the pngs for a new fsh. &mmm

time flies like a bird

null45

The first error is caused when a file cannot be compressed, this should be fixed in 1.3.1.3.
The second error appears to be some kind of issue with reading the header of the new FSH. &mmm
Could you upload the PNG files which cause both errors?

vortext

Sure, here're the offending textures which cause the first error, also included the original .psd for good measure.

The second error happens for all the textures, including the uploaded. So far I tried 128px and 256px, base and overlay but it doesn't make a difference: it reads an invalid header every time. I'm on vista 32bit if that matters.
time flies like a bird

null45

That crash and a few potential dat corruption issues have been fixed in 1.3.2.0.

vortext

Now it won't even open at all.  :(

Beschrijving:
  Stopped working

Probleemhandtekening:
  Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: CLR20r3
  Probleemhandtekening 01: multifshview.exe
  Probleemhandtekening 02: 1.3.2.0
  Probleemhandtekening 03: 54eddd37
  Probleemhandtekening 04: Multifshview
  Probleemhandtekening 05: 1.3.2.0
  Probleemhandtekening 06: 54eddd37
  Probleemhandtekening 07: 89
  Probleemhandtekening 08: b
  Probleemhandtekening 09: System.IO.FileLoadException
  Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
  Landinstelling-id: 1043

'Probleemhandtekening' translates as problem signature. Last two lines are OS version and country id respectively.
time flies like a bird

null45

That crash is caused by a DLL version issue, I forgot to copy the new DLLs when releasing 1.3.2.0.  &ops
Fixed in 1.3.2.1.

vortext

No worries, we know you're always fast to fix issues and this time is no different. Everything works as intended. Thanks! :thumbsup: 
time flies like a bird

Simcoug

Quote from: vortext on March 17, 2015, 10:46:57 AM
No worries, we know you're always fast to fix issues and this time is no different. Everything works as intended. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Hurray!  Hopefully this means Vortextures 1.0 will be hitting the LEX soon  ;D