• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Non-Nuclear Power Station... that can power 24 medium tiles

Started by Kitsune, July 11, 2010, 04:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Or atleast that realistically looks like it could provide power for 24 medium tiles / 1.5m sims so I can modify it. I have a nuclear power plant that I modified to provide this kind of power.....  but want something non-nuclear.
~ NAM Team Member

Indisguise

Simple, just modify a nonNuclear power station to the stats wanted &idea
Colossus X-rated

RippleJet

Quote from: Kitsune on July 11, 2010, 04:00:02 PM
that realistically looks like it could provide power for 24 medium tiles / 1.5m sims so I can modify it.

For that I'd use Somy's Microwave Rectenna Plant. :)

z

Quote from: RippleJet on July 11, 2010, 05:31:47 PM
For that I'd use Somy's Microwave Rectenna Plant. :)

Definitely my first thought as well.  But you might want to start with the STEX version of this power plant, which was modded by Equinox to have much bigger stats.  That version provides 528,000 MWh of power, compared to the original's 40,000 MWh.  It also has a lifetime of 1400 years.  I use it to power a large city of 3.6 million Sims, and I think it's only running at about 50% capacity.  You may not even need to change the stats.

There is a §1,000,000 plop cost, however.

Kitsune

heh... I start every city with 200000000 dollars, and use taxes as demand modifier.... so plop costs dont terrify me. Afterall, said nuclear power plant I modded has 1.2 million MWh...
~ NAM Team Member

blade2k5

I use this power plant [Fred-Brain Power Plant pictured below] exclusively.  It was made by fredfree over at Freeland, a SC3KU community.  Never run out of power, though I have to replace the plant every 100 years or so.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.