• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Converting PedMall Tiles Thread

Started by Sorengaard, July 14, 2010, 02:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorengaard

Hi, This might be somewhat difficult.  It has been for me.  About 2 years ago I wanted to change the pole pedmall file to another texture.  I got help and also was given a link maybe 2 that also dealt with it and also helped.  To be honest to my surprise with the great help I received I succeeded.  But now I guess with the updated NAM it no longer works.  So I have been trying to find the original thread that I had and the links that I was sent to.  But to no avail. I can't believe I didn't save it. The search engine has not been kind to me.  So I am asking for some help in finding that original thread and links or if not that then another that might deal with the same subject, that of replacing one pedmall file for another texture. I don't remember at all what it was that I did other than use the iLive Reader. Thanks Steve

Andreas

To my knowledge, the pedmalls haven't changed since the last NAM, but ebina created some new textures for various puzzle pieces that also involve pedmall textures. I think they use new IDs now, so it should be enough to check your mod and change the ID as well.
Andreas

Sorengaard

Thanks Andreas for the response. I don't know where to find ebina.  Could you help with where his/her textures might be?  I wish I could remember those links.  I've literally searched through most of the forums and think I have found every post I have ever made but that one.  In any case thanks for the response. Steve

ebina

Changing IID was needed to prevent a certain behavior of the game that makes puzzle pieces wealth dependent or attaches inappropriate texture in other words.
Below is a list of ped mall textures. Your old mod should be able to be updated by just changing 8th digits of IIDs. 0xNNNNNNNA is for zoom1, 0xNNNNNNNE is for zoom5.
[tabular type=4]
[row][head]Textures[/head][head]New IIDs[/head][head]Old IIDs[/head][/row]
[row][data]Concrete[/data][data]0x5526710A - E[/data][data]0x55267100 - 4[/data][/row]
[row][data]Open Paved[/data][data]0x5526720A - E[/data][data]0x55267200 - 4[/data][/row]
[row][data]Cobble Stone[/data][data]0x553F200A - E[/data][data]0x553F2000 - 4[/data][/row]
[row][data]Paved[/data][data]0x553F201A - E[/data][data]0x553F2015 - 9[/data][/row]
[row][data]Grass[/data][data]0x553F202A - E[/data][data]0x553F2025[/data][/row]
[row][data]Sandstone[/data][data]0x553F203A - E[/data][data]0x553F2035 - 9[/data][/row]
[row][data]Mountain Trail Straight[/data][data]0x553F20AA - E[/data][data]0x553F20A0 - 4[/data][/row]
[row][data]Corner[/data][data]0x553F20BA - E[/data][data]0x553F20B0 - 4[/data][/row]
[row][data]T intersection[/data][data]0x553F20CA - E[/data][data]0x553F20C0 - 4[/data][/row]
[row][data]Crossing[/data][data]0x553F20DA - E[/data][data]0x553F20D0 - 4[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

Sorengaard

Thanks for the response.  Now I need to brush up on modding skills.  My original "Mod" was simply a file with a DIR file and 5 FSH files.  Does this make sense as something that should work because it did for me originally?  However I can click on the DIR list of Instances and change them but they won't save.  And I cannot remember how to change an Instance for a FSH file.  When I right click none of the options seem to work in allowing me to access the information and I just don't remember how I did it before.  Just a bit more help and I think I can do this again. Also I know this isn't an iLive Reader thread but where is the Blank.dat file that was in the older version. Thanks Steve

Andreas

Open your DAT with the Reader, select an FSH file and click on "File Info". Edit the ID as listed above for all textures, then right-click and select "ReIndex" and "Rebuild Directory file", this will update the DIR file. Save your DAT, and you're done.
Andreas

Sorengaard

Thanks for the help.  I eventually found the original thread and was able to remember some things that I had forgotten.  Firstly I was able to replace the texture on another tile other than the CentrePole tile (In my case the Open Pavement Tile) and secondly I had to change items in the Exemplar of the Primary PedMall Tile. Also it matters where I put the mod.  I keep NAM in the Maxis plugin and this mod in My Documents plugin otherwise it doesn't work.  So again thanks for your help.  Now that I am done "Tilting at windmills" I am going to get bold and see if I can create a brand new tile with a different texture.  I know this is difficult but I have made some progress.  I have questions though and was wondering where to ask them.  Since they are about Reader should I ask it there? Or in a NAM related thread?  In any case thanks again for your help. Steve