• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Remove barriers at street or road ends

Started by gecko001, September 02, 2010, 03:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gecko001

Anyone know where the mod is that suppresses those yellow-black end of street (road, highway) barriers? Here are two pix showing what I want to suppress:

I have an example where the barrier is suppressed, from a pic in a readme from a download I got on STEX:

I could not find the mod here or on stex, so I thought I'd ask the sc4devotion community.
TIA

RippleJet

gecko001

RippleJet, I was called away by RL for some hours, but I was going to update this thread with something I found -- actually, it is YOUR FILE I found buried in a closed modding request. The file you had attached gets rid of all road and street barriers. The link you provided just here seems to be a mod of qurlix (hard to tell: the readme is actually quite garbled for me, and qurlix is either associated with a cul-de-sac mod or the barrier suppressor). Maybe you like his mod better than the one you did...? I'll play test both and compare... Thanks for the link!

RippleJet

My goodness... I had completely forgotten about that. :D $%Grinno$%

I wonder if I should upload it on the LEX... ::)

gecko001

Quote from: RippleJet on September 04, 2010, 04:11:31 PM
My goodness... I had completely forgotten about that.

I wonder if I should upload it on the LEX... ::)
I have tested both your mod and the other, and what I found is this: both work (i.e. no weird game behaviors or CTDs for instance), but they work somewhat differently.

Your mod, RippleJet, removes the end-of-road barriers automatically, from every transport network I tested (road, street, OWR, ave, and highway (not railroad; that is a different prop)). If I open a city which formerly had the barriers at the ends of streets, roads, etc., then they were magically removed and never appeared when placing new streets, either.

The other mod does NOT automatically remove them from streets which have been previously placed. You have to use the street (or road) tool to click on the tile, then the barrier disappears. Happliy, any new roads/streets I placed did not have the prop, though.

For my taste, I'd rather have them automatically removed (i.e. YOUR mod) than manually hunt for a hundred deadend streets and roads.

So my friend, I have several reasons why I think you should upload your mod: (1) It is automatic; (2) The link to the other mod actually goes to a Japanese site to download the file. I've come to know and trust the content here on the LEX, and so would rather have it from this site; (3) I and others sometimes do searches using the "Search by Uploader/Creator". It'd be wonderful to find your "RJ - Block Road Barriers 1.0" amongst your other fine uploads. This mod should take its proper place with bird pesticides and the amazingly amazing immortal lot killer, to name just two of the many.

As you can plainly see, I vote "yes" to uploading it. :-)      ..gecko001