• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Small Building that Works as Airport and Airport Sets

Started by Kevin1a, November 11, 2010, 11:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin1a

I've searched the forums for this.  I'm pretty sure it's out there somewhere, but my search terms just aren't bringing it up.  I even looked through the list of airports.

I am working on a very large metropolitan area, and I have several tiles that are nothing but high density development.  Right now they game asks me to build an airport in every single tile (arbitrary city) and it looks really strange, in the city, and in regional view.

What I need is a small building that will act as an airport, but really just satisfies the functions of having a large airport on a tile.  I plan to build a large custom airport on an arificial island tile I'm planning off the coast, kind of like Tokyo's airport and have it "serve" the whole area.  I would appreciate any recommendations.

tooheys

Hi Kevin

Have a look at this set

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1664

There are bus transit terminals included that act as airports in game. Hope that helps.

Dave.

Kevin1a

Cool.  I'll check it out for sure.  That should definitely address my main issue.  As for that large airport I plan on building on an artificial island.

While I have a thread open, what would people recommend as a good modular airport pack for beginners.  I have been looking around, and I've tried a few things, and right now I can only say that I feel EXTREMELY OVERWHELMED!

I'm very comfortable with SC4, and I'm used to the dependency game, so I have no problem with that, but I'm just overwhelmed by the amount of content, the different grades of content, and what I should download.  Also, I don't know an awful lot about real airports having seen them only from bustling walkways in buildings crowded with people while running perpetually late.

Can you recommend:

- A top of the line popular modular airport pack popular among members of our community (I really like SC4, out of all the SC3 sites, we have the best community, and some of the best designers out there, all kinds of high quality work)
- A mayor diary (or more than one) that exibits a lot of good airport design
- A SC4D member who knows a lot about airport design, and might be able to help with some of the questions I'll run into.
-A thread where Aerophiles hang out :D

Once again, thank you for your time and concern.

adroman

Kevin1a- Welcome to airports of SC4, I guess  ;D
The two biggest gatherings of the Aerophiles would be the SCAG and AC teams, which each of their own board. The next best place is the Show us your airport thread, under the "Show us your..." board.
As for lists of aircraft and airport releases, the most complete package of airports is the RMIP Pack which is on the STEX, its easily found by searching for the creator, Voltaire.

As for the aircraft lots, the best way to find them is by looking at the catalogues of both teams... the Aerospace Consortium (AC Team) one is found here, while the SimCity Aviation Group (SCAG) one can be found here.

There is always new development somewhere in the aviation interests of SC4, so keep an eye on the creations boards of both teams, which can be found here (AC Team) and the SCAG Board, here.

A good way to find the airport centric MDs is to find the MD's belonging to the members of the Aviation teams, which are scattered through the Classics section, the Best Sellers and some in the Inactive section. Three examples I can think of off the top of my head are Atrubia, by KoV_Liberty, The Thames District, written by SCAG Team Leader, joelyboy911, I have featured an airport in my own MD, Mackay. Not to say that other MD-ers haven't done excellent jobs, that is.

If you're interested in learning how to build a realistic airport, I suggest this thread which focuses on a mid-sized regional airport, but can easily be built on for an international airport.

As for someone who can field questions, you can contact me VIA Personal Message, I will do my best to answer your questions, or any other Aviation team member through the same process.

I'll look out for your work on the forum,

Adrian.
SCAG Team Member.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

WC_EEND

For modular airports, you'll need the RMIP-2 packs (vol 1-4), and I can recommend you to download the AC terminals and jets as well (can't give you a link right now as I'm posting using my iPad) from the STEX and there's a pack or 2 on the LEX as well. I can also recommend you the SCAG A300 MMP's (they work like plopping trees)
I know a thing or two about airport design and aviation in a general, but I don't know everything.
Lastly, the AC Team and SCAG (which I'm a member of) are the two teams here over at SC4D who make aviation related content.

I hope this helped you somewhat

Xander

Edit: Adrian beat me to it :P
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project