• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC LEX Downloader

Started by wouanagaine, May 21, 2007, 11:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

Soon you will be able to track and manage your SC4D LEX downloads even easier than now

In a few clicks, you can stay updated with your bats/lots/mods

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Colyn

Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

Serkanner

You never stop to amaze me ...  :thumbsup:  ... I have had the honour of testing this tool a bit and all I can say it makes simcity4 life one step easier again.

jeronij

This will be a revolutionary feature my friend ¡¡¡  &apls

Thanks (once again) for making our SC4 lifes easier  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Gaston

&apls
How do you keep comming up with this great stuff, wouanagaine?    I am constantly amazed by the level of talent on this site.   You are among the very top.   (There are so many great people here it would be impossible to rank them)   Thank you.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

rickmastfan67

WOW. :o :o :o  That is really cool. :thumbsup:
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

bat

Thanks for this tool, wouanagaine! Very helpful! :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

This is an amazing piece of work you did &apls &apls

Thank you so much. With whats happened recently this will be invaluable to me ;D

kettle's on for you mate :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

freedo50

Woug, would it be possible to get the downloader to show a small thumbnail picture for the downloads, because I'm going through my donwload history at the moment, re-downloading stuff, and I would like to see exactly what the lot is. It would be really helpful if you could add this feature.
Thanks in advance,

Fred

wouanagaine

will look into this, not sure it can be done

New Horizons Productions

Pheonix Rising

Quote from: freedo50 on June 17, 2007, 07:13:06 AM
...to show a small thumbnail picture for the downloads...

Fred

I don't think this would actually be too difficult depending on how the software handles communicating with the server and how the LEX is setup. If you could remotely access a SQL database it wouldnt be hard at all I would think. 

The features I would like to see is sorting by download date or name. Kinda hard to go back and double check to see if you have downloaded something when now of the names are in any kind of order.

wouanagaine

I'm not using any SQL web access, and the name are sorted like what you are presented when accessing your download list/history list directly on the LEX

Not hard, just that there are only 24 hours a day :(

New Horizons Productions

jmyers2043

Hello Stephane

I downloaded the 'downloader' today.

Program opens up - I see the list and the boxes with the checks.

I click on "download files" button and I get this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC LEX Downloader.py", line 288, in OnDownloadSelected
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Python24\\SC4Downloader\\dist\\Install_marksandsparks.zip'

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

wouanagaine

ARG, it seems I left my own config.ini in the installer :(

delete the config.ini please

edit: or just change the path where to save the files

New Horizons Productions

Pheonix Rising

I had that problem first time I tried to use it as well. I just created the folder until I had a little more time to play with the program and find the download folder button.

What are you using to program the downloader with? How are you accessing the LEX history etc? I may be able to help out a little though I don't know how much time I would have to put into all of this. I do a lot of PHP/MySQL work as well as a little C/C++ coding

willy88

You're a madman, wouanagaine!!! :o
And what do you think you're doing looking at my signature?

JoeST

sorry to bother you, im sure you have much better things to do (maybe the x tool LOL) but i cant login to the lex downloader, does it allow for "." in usernames, and for advanced characters in passwords?

EDIT: damn shift key LOL, i tried again and it worked, Thanks for all the great tools you have brought us

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms