• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bug in SMF under Firefox 8

Started by z, November 16, 2011, 06:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

This problem can probably be most easily explained by quoting from the Firefox Support Forum:

QuoteAfter updating to Firefox 8, attachments on php boards (such mp3s or image files) are not recognized filetypes. When I click on them, or right click "save link as", the save window shows the attachment as "Index.php" and only offers to save it as a php file. I have to manually type in the file name and extension and select "All files" under file type to get it to save correctly. This has been happening only since Firefox updated itself to version 8.0. IE still works normally with attachments on php boards, so it's not site problems. Is there some setting, or configuration I can change to fix this?

QuoteWe changed the handling of the content-disposition (attachments information) to be more compliant with the official webstandards (RFCs). We do not want to be the only browser who is having different rules for this. So it had to change anyway. According to the bugzilla report SM had a patch for this ready but forgot to add it to the latest update. So they are working on a fix.

QuoteThanks for the info, knorretje.

I will tell the admin of my forum to keep an eye out for the latest update. He might want to try the current patch in the meantime. Cheers

@ gto49 Once the websites using SMF implement the patch, or update to the latest version of SMF (once it's released) the problem should be fixed.

The patch referred to in the last quote can be found on this page in the SM Development forum.  Could it please be implemented in our SMF soon?  Right now, the current version of Firefox cannot download zip files by any means.

EDIT:  According to a very recent post in the SM forum, the directions on the patch page need to be changed somewhat:

QuoteApply patch to "/Sources/Display.php" as the "/Source/Attachment.php" doesn't exist: 0004825: Firefox attachment Content-Disposition bug

Code: (php)

// Different browsers like different standards...
   if ($context['browser']['is_firefox'])
                 //header('Content-Disposition: ' . $disposition . '; filename*="UTF-8\'\'' . preg_replace('~&#(\d{3,8});~e', '$fixchar(\'$1\')', $utf8name) . '"');
      header('Content-Disposition: ' . $disposition . '; filename*="UTF-8\'\'' . preg_replace('~&#(\d{3,8});~e', '$fixchar(\'$1\')', $utf8name) . '"');

This seems to be the proper patch until a new version of SMF appears.

jeronij

Ok, seen and noted ;)
The patch will be applied as soon as possible. In the meantime my suggestion is to use another browser...  ::)  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary