• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Homeless People MMPs?

Started by apeguy, February 09, 2012, 10:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeguy

I'm working on a city with a lot of run-down, dilapidated areas, and I was thinking how much more realistic it would be to have a few homeless people in alleys and near railways. An MMP would be best, allowing you to place them anywhere and click cycle through different "varieties", for example one in a cardboard box, one sitting down, a group huddling around a oil drum fire, etc.

I know it's not the most pleasant thing to request, but it would really add to the realism of run-down areas. ;)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

rooker1

I would love to see something like that.  Great idea.
Now I just wonder if anyone is willing to BAT something like that.

Robin ;)
Call me Robin, please.

mike3775

Quote from: rooker1 on February 09, 2012, 11:15:47 AM
I would love to see something like that.  Great idea.

Robin ;)

I third this.  That would be awesome.  I would love to plop some homeless around the abandoned buildings in cities

apeguy

Quote from: rooker1 on February 09, 2012, 11:15:47 AM

I think the TSC team made some people props that have since been made into MMPs, so maybe they would be interested in this. :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

rambuckel

Pretty good idea :) Perhaps this is a job for someone who already has BATed lots of Sims-Models like namspopof. It's propably just a question of textures and some boxes and barrels to make those brilliant Sims-Models fit in those areas.

Perhaps you should ask him if he could make those BATs :)

- rambuckel

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Silur

Interesting idea ... :thumbsup:
May be this models created by Onlyplace4 (aka OP4 - Mike) - "BLaM FBP Shanties Pack 1 Version 1" -not MMP? But You can create some lots with Lot Editor ...
Or may be simple Garbage MMP. Or You really want see many poor people in Your city near garbage - try create Your city  successful ...

Lowkee33

OMCo Diggings and huts 1, and probably other Ionionion bats would be good for homeless shelters.

JRJ Plop a Garbage takes care of the garbage part, and those are already MMP.  It's only 122 kb, so I guess those are the Maxis Models.

People standing around a fire would be nice, I think the best way to do this would be to use the maxis fire effect.  This means that it has to be lotted (actually, I don't think you would get any night lights from flora).

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

apeguy

Quote from: catty on February 10, 2012, 02:51:08 AM

There is this one on the STEX

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/18150-homeless-person/

:)

That one's quite good, if someone was to render that and make it into a MMP and release it, even on its own, I would definately download it. ;D