Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

September 19, 2021, 08:02:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NAM: Development  (Read 573617 times)

Offline Wiimeiser

Re: NAM: Development
« Reply #1740 on: May 21, 2021, 10:07:13 PM »
So I assume it will also accept avenues in that case?

Also, I just remembered. There was a REW piece that was shown before a few years ago, but we haven't heard from it since.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Offline matias93

« Reply #1741 on: May 22, 2021, 10:32:06 PM »
Boop  :P

- Billy

This is sincerely wonderful, one of such things that you see in real cities and look unassuming, but in game are truly daunting.

Abusing a bit of your generosity, there might be some chance of an analogous version, but for a divergent diagonal avenue? For reference, I'm thinking on something like this, but without the intersecting road that complicates it:

It doesn't have a lane to turn back from the diagonal avenue to the orthogonal continuation, but the cars that need to do that can turn left on the previous intersection, so it's not an issue really.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Offline Wiimeiser

« Reply #1742 on: May 22, 2021, 10:55:40 PM »
Ooh, that one would be nice to have. Slip lane should be optional though (by dragging OWR as usual)

I wonder if diagonal RHW-4 to OWR-2 is getting fixed, that intersection isn't half bad for a RHW terminus...

Offline Durfsurn

• Modding Apprentice
  • NAM Team
  • Forums Senator
  • Textures!
« Reply #1743 on: May 23, 2021, 06:59:14 PM »
I wonder if diagonal RHW-4 to OWR-2 is getting fixed, that intersection isn't half bad for a RHW terminus...

Funny you say that.... I've been working on that transition - it is possible and maybe even likely that it will be fixed in 42 :).

As for that diverging avenue intersection.... that does look like something that is possible, might look into it after the Turbo T's.
- Billy

Offline Wiimeiser

« Reply #1744 on: May 24, 2021, 01:31:55 AM »
The way I see the Diverging Avenue working is AVE-6 splits into two AVE4s, and the extra tile for the AVE-6 is on the same side as the diagonal avenue that splits off. And the slip lane would be optional, and made through the normal means of making an OXD slip lane with OWR.

Offline LucarioBoricua

« Reply #1745 on: May 24, 2021, 02:21:03 AM »
That idea Matias is requesting would definitely be necessary to recreate my home city, wonder how many permutations of the split would be appropriate to match the current state of NWM and avenues!

My city's example:
https://www.google.com.pr/maps/@18.211039,-67.1457435,278m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en&authuser=0

Offline Wiimeiser

« Reply #1746 on: May 26, 2021, 03:57:09 AM »
That idea Matias is requesting would definitely be necessary to recreate my home city, wonder how many permutations of the split would be appropriate to match the current state of NWM and avenues!
In my opinion: RD-6, REW-6 (two OWR-3) AVE-6 and TLA-7 on the fused alignment, with the extra tile of the latter two being on the side of the diagonal offshoot. RHW-6S and 6C may be plausible in the longer term, but you can just drag them off AVE or REW. Other two can be any dual combination of AVE-4, RD-4, REW-4 (two OWR2) and RHW-4. The offshoot can be diagonal, parallel FAN, and perpendicular FAN, but only diagonal is required. FAN should probably be put off until Flex FANs are implemented (and would tie into it) except for dual FARHW-4 if you really want. Because diagonal AVE-4 is one tile (probably due to technical limitations with the cursor) two versions may be required.

EDIT: Forgot about FTLs. Those can join the fused side.

EDIT2: Correctly remembered that FAAVE already exists.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 08:45:54 AM by Wiimeiser »

Offline roadgeek

« Reply #1747 on: August 11, 2021, 04:45:29 PM »
Yeah, those divergences are quite common where you have two US highways that share the same road surface for stretches, at the junction where they come together.

I am starting to salivate when I see posts about adding Flex-FANWM. One of these days, someone will post some pics, and I'm gonna end up drooling all over the place.

Offline LucarioBoricua

« Reply #1748 on: August 21, 2021, 04:35:21 AM »
 ;D    We have more upcoming excitement for NAM 42!!!     :clap:

Presenting...

Offline Wiimeiser

« Reply #1749 on: August 21, 2021, 05:32:34 AM »
Now I know why NAM 42 is taking so long. All of this stability right out of the gate? It's hard enough just to get one piece working correctly...

Offline AsimPika3172

• SimPopeye
  • Forums Mayor
  • I love Sim City forever!
« Reply #1750 on: August 21, 2021, 06:17:58 PM »
Oh yeah! I will waiting!!!!  :bnn: :thumbsup: &apls
I loves Sim City forever!

Offline Paul 999

« Reply #1751 on: August 22, 2021, 10:57:51 AM »
Game changer! very nice addition to the game. a lot of my construction fustration was building compact intersections one slopes.

Offline ulisse99

• NAM Associates
  • Forums Inhabitant
  • Your slogan here
« Reply #1752 on: August 23, 2021, 08:43:21 AM »
THE LAST TEASER