• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopCliff

Quote from: nerdly_dood on February 17, 2008, 11:55:37 AM

Diagonal streets are interesting in more ways than one!  ;D

Dude, I can't even think of something to say that's so funny and messed up. :D :P
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

nerdly_dood

i couldn't find a suitable thread other than this to putit in and >_< i can't make a new one ("Show Us Your Glitches")
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

JoeST

their is already a glitches one "Show us your Game Oddities"
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

nerdly_dood

oh! thanks.

BACK TO THE TOPIC NOW. and i don't have any major SC4 problems, so what are yours?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

Glazert

I have come across a minor glitch in the pathing for pedestrians in the Avenue Y-stack intersection. Part of the pathing shows up as flashing between red and white (see right of intersection).

I only noticed this because I was using drawpaths from the extracheats.dll.

Jonathan

That means the Entry/Exits points gor those paths dont match the order of the path coordinates. So most likely 2 numbers need to be swaped
I wonder why anyone hasnt picked up on that before, I didnt realise that it had ped paths, it would be kinda suicide to walk along that.

nerdly_dood

I think I see orange path lines there.  And I am reasonably surethat orange path lines indicate heavy rail pathing.  Strange.

Tarkus

Actually, that's a flashing red path, which means it's invalid.  I've seen it more times than I'd like. :D  It's in the middle of a flash here, and thus, it looks a bit orangish-pinkish.

I have to agree with Warrior here . . . I'm not sure I'd want to be walking there either.  I'm wondering if perhaps the pedestrian paths should just be taken out.

-Alex (Tarkus)

nerdly_dood

Pedestrian paths are rather pointless in this sort of interchange.  What i would do is use ped mall puz pcs to take the ped pathing around the interchange safely.

Andreas

Well, obviously there wouldn't be ped access on a RL interchange like that, but since the Y stack is a replacement for an avenue Y junction, it might be better to keep the paths, since some people might rely on that feature. The invalid one should be repaired, though. :)
Andreas

jondor

Hey all, I've been enjoying the RHW, makes cities look much more realistic, but I've run into a small problem.

I didn't see any posts about this issue, so in case no one has noticed it, here it is:

I have a one sided on-ramp next to a NAM overpass ramp piece, going to a RHW-4 using the 'A' ramp, but where it intersects the road, the intersection is backwards, as are the paths.

Right now, my workaround is to drag the MIS ramp through to the other side which fixes the path problem.

There is an off-ramp to the north that is built identically (if mirrored) and functions correctly.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Glazert

Tarkus: that was fast work fixing the minor glitch on the Avenue Y-stack.

It had never actually caused me any problem, because I was surprised to see pedestrian access at all, but I thought it best to stick to reporting a very minor glitch.

Tarkus

jondor, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the latest RHW.  As far as that intersection goes, I've found that it's a bit finicky.  About 50-75% of the time, it works correctly, but the other 25-50% of the time, it doesn't.  It's definitely an issue related to the RUL files, so it will require releasing a new version of the NAM Essentials to fix it.  (The same goes with the orth-diag transition issue with the MIS, for those who are wondering.)  I will definitely take a look at it and see if I can make it 100% stable, perhaps coinciding with the RHW v21 release, if not sooner (depending, of course, on how RHW v21 development goes).

Glazert, thanks again for reporting that as well.  Simple path fixes are usually not terribly hard to fix.  Now the trick is to figure out how to release it. :D 

-Alex (Tarkus)

Andreas

Quote from: Tarkus on February 18, 2008, 01:06:10 AM
Simple path fixes are usually not terribly hard to fix.  Now the trick is to figure out how to release it. :D

True. ;) Updating the NAM Essentials is rather easy (and hopefully, the next update can be released soon), but the paths are usually located in the related NAM DAT files, so it's a bit harder to keep track of all errors and fixes.
Andreas

kassarc16

I had an odd thought. Is there anyway to have paths based on the 24 hour clock, or are paths only possible for 24/7? I'm not sure if anyone has delved into that, since some alternating-direction express lanes for the RHW would be nice to have, but it's probably not possible within the engine.

Crissa

Swamper77

Quote from: kassarc16 on February 18, 2008, 02:55:58 PM
I had an odd thought. Is there anyway to have paths based on the 24 hour clock, or are paths only possible for 24/7? I'm not sure if anyone has delved into that, since some alternating-direction express lanes for the RHW would be nice to have, but it's probably not possible within the engine.

The paths are 24/7. Time-based pathing is not possible with SC4's engine. They would be nice to have though ;)

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

SusanMarie1956

Will the interchange pieces of RHW be a little more slope friendly?

- SusanMarie aka blunderclod
-Susan Marie