• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluebeard

Star I do understand english and I have followed the directions.So please get off your soap box and I will not be using RHW at this time.
   I apprecite the help but not your attitude.

JoeST

Well I am sorry for the attitude, hopefully you can get off your soap box also  :thumbsup:

Oh and Its a real pitty that your not going to try and get it working, its an amazing mod

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

Bluebeard, please note that the same Cleanitol file is shipped both with the core Network Addon Mod and with the NAM Essentials. Do not run the Cleanitol supplied with the NAM Essentials after installing the core NAM. Otherwise parts of your fresh NAM installation will be moved. :thumbsup:

Bluebeard

Andreas

Hmm,the NAM Essentials shouldn't contain a Cleanitol file. If they do, it was not added by me. ;)
Andreas

yoshiisland2

Well, I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my NAM intersections for a while now...

Try as I might, I can't find the problem.  Now, I know for a fact it's something in my plugins folder, because everytime I move the bulk of my plugins elsewhere when I'm working on/testing something but keep the NAM stuff in there the lights do show up.  The weird thing is...
I went back to look at an old CJ of mine from about late May 2007, and when I looked closely at the pictures, I noticed the traffic lights weren't in those pictures either.  This means the problem has gone months without notice.  Now, I remember downloading alot of SG stuff back then.  Has anyone using a bunch of Simgoober's stuff had this problem or could it be something else.

Anyways, I'll keep trying things out, but I hope we can get this problem resolved.  Thanks for any help!
regards,
-Yoshiisland

DFire870

I have a problem. I'm using the GLR-in-Avenue pieces in my city, but no one is using the GLR when it's part of the avenue. I've made sure all of the ends are either closed loops or connected to a neighbor, and I made sure the GLR-in-Avenue stations had their paths enabled by dragging one-way roads, but they're still not being used. I have regular GLR in other parts of the city and it's being used, but not the GLR-in-Avenue. Is there something else I need to do to get them working? (Also, the cars are using the avenue part, but the GLR part isn't being used).
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

emilin

I finally updated to the newest NAM, and I love the new features. Thanks! &apls

However, I seem to have a problem related to jeronijs slope and tunnel mod (as available on LEX). It doesn't seem to function at all at the moment. Is there a different loading order for the new NAM when it comes to slope mods? Or is this specific slope mod just not working together with the latest NAM and I should try another one?

Thanks!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Andreas

I'm not aware of any incompatibilities, however, you can try to load the slope mod after the NAM - this is how my plugins folder always has been organized, and it works fine for me (however, I use my own slope mod version, which is a slight modification of BigRedFish's original mod).
Andreas

Nealos101

Quote from: DFire870 on September 16, 2007, 02:55:07 PM
I have a problem. I'm using the GLR-in-Avenue pieces in my city, but no one is using the GLR when it's part of the avenue. I've made sure all of the ends are either closed loops or connected to a neighbor, and I made sure the GLR-in-Avenue stations had their paths enabled by dragging one-way roads, but they're still not being used. I have regular GLR in other parts of the city and it's being used, but not the GLR-in-Avenue. Is there something else I need to do to get them working? (Also, the cars are using the avenue part, but the GLR part isn't being used).

Any Avenue that holds the GLR in Avenue acts like a blockadge to all other developments on that avenue, and as a result, anything you put off from that road will basically have a no-access zot on it or it will not be serviced.  Your problem probably lies with the lack of commuters that are willing to catch the GLR...?

Have you tried the following:
- Having a different transit network that connects to a GLR-in-Avenue Station via an external road or street?
- Run the simulator for a long enough time as to bring in traffic?
- Have enough development around the avenues to have some sort of demand for the use of the GLR itself?
- Not run a parellel GLR line next to the Avenue one?
- Run the GLR so that it goes from one type of zoning to the other, i.e. Commercial <-> Residential

I shall get back to you when I can if these options do not work or you are already doing them.

DFire870

I ran the simulator for quite some time, up to 2-3 years, and nothing. The GLR-in-Avenue is in my downtown area, and there aren't any other GLR lines other than the GLR-in-Avenue in the area. The way I have it set up, one of the lines runs directly in front of commercial zones, but they're still getting access as there aren't any no-access zots and the buildings are still growing. And I do have it so that it goes from Residential to Commercial, as there are not only residential sections in the downtown area, but in other parts of the city that should be commuting to downtown via the GLR line.

I'll go over my lines later today to make sure a puzzle piece wasn't misaligned, and I'll try some more residential development outside of the city to see if they'll use the lines.

jplumbley

Quote from: DFire870 on September 25, 2007, 04:26:16 AM
I ran the simulator for quite some time, up to 2-3 years, and nothing. The GLR-in-Avenue is in my downtown area, and there aren't any other GLR lines other than the GLR-in-Avenue in the area. The way I have it set up, one of the lines runs directly in front of commercial zones, but they're still getting access as there aren't any no-access zots and the buildings are still growing. And I do have it so that it goes from Residential to Commercial, as there are not only residential sections in the downtown area, but in other parts of the city that should be commuting to downtown via the GLR line.

I'll go over my lines later today to make sure a puzzle piece wasn't misaligned, and I'll try some more residential development outside of the city to see if they'll use the lines.

Sounds like this should be made draggable, sooner rather than later....  ???
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

zakuten

Sorry to bother again, but I tried re-installing all the NAM stuff, from this site too, and still had no luck with Tsing Ma and Millau viaduct. Do you know any reason it wouldn't work besides the bridge controller? Internal NAM conflicts even?
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Shadow Assassin

QuoteHowever, I seem to have a problem related to jeronijs slope and tunnel mod (as available on LEX).

It has to load after the NAM. I have that slope mod in a folder inside my NAM folder called ZZZZ_Other NAM Files, and it works just fine.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Crissa

Disappearing tiles!

There seems to be some missing tile issues here... This happens even if the straight piece isn't through or is street. Very weird.  Mostly since there seems to be a tile that'd fit, if reversed, so I'm guessing something isn't assigned right.

(Yes, I know the RHW2 doesn't have many intersection tiles; I was just using it for an experiment)

-Crissa

PS:  On the 'loading' problem, I realized that if I merely place things in the order of:
Network Addon Mod/Network Addon Mod/(mod, mod plugins, etc)
Network Addon Mod/Plugins/(RHW, bridges, etc)
Network Addon Mod/Update/(Essentials)

That it seemed nice and clean and displayed neatly in folders.

Bluebeard

Is this the proper thread for RHW?.
   I was just wondering if there are any plans for off-ramps for the RHW.Thanx

DFire870

Okay, well, I had to restart my region for various reasons, but before I did I went over my GLR-in-Avenue lines, and there were no misaligned puzzle pieces. Also, the GLR line WAS being used, but the trains were going from one regular GLR line to another using the GLR-in-Avenue, using no stops. So I wonder if it might have something to do with the actual station rather than the line (I was using gshmails' GLR-in-Avenue station btw).

NikNik

:'( NAM2007  :'(
I first had problem downloading the correct NAM as the one under LEX is indeed (as stated on page 3) the December 2006 one. So after much browsing and checking I finally have the correct one and started to unzip it.
First removed all NAM files with Cleanitol tool.
Then installed NAM June 2007
Finally installed NAM Essentials Bridges.

Next I used the datpacker tool to pack all the plugins to a neat easy to use format. And I startup the game.
It operates good. So what's the problem?
The problem is that I do see the Avenue roundabout icon, but I cannot plop it. the cursor arrow is constantly red.
Secondly I cannot find the curvy road thingy.

I see a lot of answers to GLR questions in this thread but at least two people had the same problem as I have with the Avenue roundabouts. What can be done about it?

BTW the NAM is installed in the first directry of the plugins folder.

Please help.

Nik-Nik

jplumbley

Quote from: Crissa on October 01, 2007, 01:39:32 AM
Disappearing tiles!

There seems to be some missing tile issues here... This happens even if the straight piece isn't through or is street. Very weird.  Mostly since there seems to be a tile that'd fit, if reversed, so I'm guessing something isn't assigned right.

(Yes, I know the RHW2 doesn't have many intersection tiles; I was just using it for an experiment)

-Crissa

Very good Crissa.  We will have to look into this.  To me that looks like a problem with the RULs for Diagonal Streets referencing a  non-existant Texture.  That may take some time to figure out because there are hundreds of lines of RULs for the Diagonal Streets and they were done before my time.  &mmm

@Bluebeard  This is not the official RHW thread.  RHW has its own stickied thread in this forum.  I would suggest you follow along with the developement within that thread.  There are a few things in developement for the RHW, I cant go too far into specifics, but:  &idea

RHW-MIS (RHW - Modular Interchange System) is in production, more and more work is getting done every week and the initial Alpha Release may not be too distant.  %confuso  When that day is, we are not sure.  You will be the first to know when it does, or atleast, everyone will know at the same time.

Also with the RHW there are regular interchanges being created as well.  The RHW will have Street, Road, Avenue, and OWR Intersections.  These may be sometime in the making as there are few texturers on this project.  Rickmastfan is doing an awesome job with his work on the textures and lets hope he has time to continue his work into the intersections sooner than later.  Once Alex and I have textures, the RULs will come faster.  :thumbsup:
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM