• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

More London Buildings

Started by WannGLondon, March 02, 2012, 01:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WannGLondon

I personally think there are too many buildings from New York and Paris when it comes to SC4 custom content. I think it would be really refreshing to have some buildings from London added to the LEX. I have checked everywhere on multiple SC4 fan sites and have not found great, w2w buildings from London. I can easily say that I am tired of creating British-w2w cities and 75% of the buildings are Parisian styled. Please help me out here.

These are the types of buildings I would like to see.

Gorgeous, aren't they? Please agree with me here.
Call me Warren.

JonM

Are those from Bing? Great reference images!

It would be awesome to have buildings from all the great cities around the world. I think whats great about SC4 custom stuff is people put in a lot of time making things they are interested in, and that's what makes it so high quality and successful. If I ever get time I'd like to start making some London buildings.

Batting isn't that hard once you get the hang of it, I'd suggest trying it out yourself!

WannGLondon

Quote from: JonM on March 02, 2012, 02:31:29 PM
Are those from Bing? Great reference images!

It would be awesome to have buildings from all the great cities around the world. I think whats great about SC4 custom stuff is people put in a lot of time making things they are interested in, and that's what makes it so high quality and successful. If I ever get time I'd like to start making some London buildings.

Batting isn't that hard once you get the hang of it, I'd suggest trying it out yourself!
Thanks, and yes JonM, these images are from Bing. Bing Maps is truly a great site to check out overhead shots, especially of London.
Call me Warren.

Gurning_Chimp

Disregard London, acquire Manchester!  :thumbsup:

cmdp123789

I gotta agree with you... there are definetively more nyc and paris buildings compared to london's... but, I disagree with the title being "enough" the reason why I believe there are no buildings from london is because of its popularity. Dont take this the wrong way, but, when it comes to europe, the first thing that comes to mind is Paris... and when you think in America, the first thing you get is New York. There's a site called simcitypolska, which has a variety of polish buildings, but they look like the ones in the picture above.

WannGLondon

Quote from: cmdp123789 on March 05, 2012, 06:55:14 PM
I gotta agree with you... there are definetively more nyc and paris buildings compared to london's... but, I disagree with the title being "enough" the reason why I believe there are no buildings from london is because of its popularity. Dont take this the wrong way, but, when it comes to europe, the first thing that comes to mind is Paris... and when you think in America, the first thing you get is New York. There's a site called simcitypolska, which has a variety of polish buildings, but they look like the ones in the picture above.
I definitely agree, no offense taken. I just think London's buildings are stunning and just wish there was more of them on the LEX. And I've been to simcitypolska and downloaded some of their stuff but it's not my favorite site, thanks though.
Call me Warren.

DebussyMan

You should post requests for specific buildings to draw attention to them and perhaps "someone" would be willing to make them. I never been to London, and honestly I don't know any building I'd be interested in BATing other than the major landmarks, and seeing a wide airview does't really inspire me much...

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

WannGLondon

Quote from: DebussyMan on March 07, 2012, 05:39:43 PM
You should post requests for specific buildings to draw attention to them and perhaps "someone" would be willing to make them. I never been to London, and honestly I don't know any building I'd be interested in BATing other than the major landmarks, and seeing a wide airview does't really inspire me much...
I understand, I have sent in individual building requests but have had no luck. I picked those wide-ranged pictures so that maybe a BATter could BAT multiple buildings, not just one in particular.
Call me Warren.

DebussyMan

Quote from: WannGLondon on March 07, 2012, 05:43:52 PM
I picked those wide-ranged pictures so that maybe a BATter could BAT multiple buildings, not just one in particular.

Yo could post several assorted w2w from London you'd like to see BATted so people could look at the Facades and see if they'd be interested in any of them. Personally I find the air views you posted rather generic and even ugly, but it might be from the angle they're taken, some pics of actual facades could tickle my interest.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

WannGLondon

Quote from: DebussyMan on March 07, 2012, 05:50:15 PM
Quote from: WannGLondon on March 07, 2012, 05:43:52 PM
I picked those wide-ranged pictures so that maybe a BATter could BAT multiple buildings, not just one in particular.

Yo could post several assorted w2w from London you'd like to see BATted so people could look at the Facades and see if they'd be interested in any of them. Personally I find the air views you posted rather generic and even ugly, but it might be from the angle they're taken, some pics of actual facades could tickle my interest.
Alright, I'll do that. Thanks for the advice.
Call me Warren.

cmdp123789

Ok... So you probably did this but anyways... Go to the lex and type UK... There are several results... I happened to find a set made by illtonkso actually three packs which are georgian style and they fit really well... Also, there are some terraces at stex... Hope this helps you somehow... Oh and i requested a london map... I cant find an accurate one... Do you know hwere can i download one???

Silur

You can see London Region in Your  > C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Regions

WannGLondon

Quote from: cmdp123789 on March 30, 2012, 10:01:56 PM
Oh and i requested a london map... I cant find an accurate one... Do you know hwere can i download one???
This is the best one I could find; http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/15441-london-england/
There really aren't accurate maps of London on fan sites yet  &mmm
Call me Warren.

noahclem

Mattb325 has made a lot of stuff (of top-notch quality I'll add) that would fit well in a London-like city or, more recently, W2W stuff recreated from London. I'd have a look over in his thread and chat with him about your ideas.

Other London/UK stuff I can think of off the top of my head would be psander's work on the STEX or IllTonkso's work there.

I'm sure you didn't mean it in a negative way, but I'd suggest changing the subject of this thread (you can do it by editing your first post). Saying there's too much of things that other people are working hard on could be taken offensively and I'm assuming you're more interested in seeing more London buildings than less Paris and New York ones  :thumbsup:

WannGLondon

Quote from: noahclem on April 01, 2012, 09:10:11 AM
Mattb325 has made a lot of stuff (of top-notch quality I'll add) that would fit well in a London-like city or, more recently, W2W stuff recreated from London. I'd have a look over in his thread and chat with him about your ideas.

Other London/UK stuff I can think of off the top of my head would be psander's work on the STEX or IllTonkso's work there.

I'm sure you didn't mean it in a negative way, but I'd suggest changing the subject of this thread (you can do it by editing your first post). Saying there's too much of things that other people are working hard on could be taken offensively and I'm assuming you're more interested in seeing more London buildings than less Paris and New York ones  :thumbsup:
You're right, will do.
Call me Warren.

wallasey

It was always Gascooker (there's a blast from the past!) and Ill Tonkso who seemed to take the torch for UK buildings in SC4, unfortunately, Gascooker has been inactive for almost 8 years now.

I have some images of London...but also other UK City Architecture shots too. If you would like some general views uploaded, I would be more than happy to. 

pwly

I don't know what the original request here is exactly, but seeing your other threads on this board I have a good idea. I'm currently getting to grips with gmax and I'm particularly fond of various georgian-style townhouses, so you may be in some luck. Have to get very good at it first though  ;D

Wallasey, could you show me anything what you have in mind too? The rest of the UK probably feels a it left out  :). Only things British I won't consider off the top of my head are: the Blackpool tower, the angel of the north and London's ferris wheel. Yuck.  :thumbsdown:

catty

Quote from: pwly on August 30, 2012, 06:44:23 PM
...Only things British I won't consider off the top of my head are: the Blackpool tower, the angel of the north and London's ferris wheel. Yuck.  :thumbsdown:

Don't know about the Blackpool Tower or London's Ferris Wheel, but the Angel of the North already has been done

http://citybuilders.co.nz/index.php/search/custom-content-catalog-css/items/view/angel-of-the-north-hd-stex

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Gurning_Chimp

I don't know what the original request here is exactly, but seeing your other threads on this board I have a good idea. I'm currently getting to grips with gmax and I'm particularly fond of various georgian-style townhouses, so you may be in some luck. Have to get very good at it first though  ;D

Wallasey, could you show me anything what you have in mind too? The rest of the UK probably feels a it left out  :). Only things British I won't consider off the top of my head are: the Blackpool tower, the angel of the north and London's ferris wheel. Yuck.  :thumbsdown:

How about the Manchester Beetham Tower?

WannGLondon

I know this is a very late reply, but that sounds great Pwly!
Call me Warren.