• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Waterfront? There's always one....

Started by callagrafx, March 26, 2013, 12:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

It's amazing how one comment, made in jest can still get me itching.... cheers Diggis!!!

By no means finished... and NO, there will be NO diagonals... not now, not ever.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Diggis

rooker1

Ahhhhh yahhhh.
Cal is at it again.  I think your figures are itchin to BAT again. ;)

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

nbvc

Looks nice. Will it be with marinas? I'm currently bating some marinas.

art128

Quote from: Diggis on March 26, 2013, 12:16:24 PM
Bahahahahah bahhhahhahahahahahahaah

I couldn't help but laugh out a lot too.... :D :D

Interesting, I like them so far.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Quote from: art128 on March 26, 2013, 12:43:31 PM

I couldn't help but laugh out a lot too.... :D :D

Same here.   :D

Quote from: callagrafx on March 26, 2013, 12:02:03 PM
and NO, there will be NO diagonals... not now, not ever.

()sad()  but. .  but. . may I at least ask why not?! Anyhow, it's great to see you back BATting!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Looks beautiful   :o

Very exciting project. No diagonals, eh?  :D  Fair enough, though I hope I'm not out of line to request HD renders ;)

sandrasim1

It's amazing how one comment, made in jest can still get me itching.... cheers Diggis!!!

ROFL

By no means finished... and NO, there will be NO diagonals... not now, not ever.

&bis&  Just for me...pretty please...as a nice comeback gift.  ;D
"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work"  Thomas Alva Edison

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Rayden

Nice work Lee, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw your comment on diagonals. Funny, I thought about that even before I reach the bottom of your post! $%Grinno$%

metarvo

One thing leads to another, and next thing you know you're working on more than one BAT.  It looks like you're back in the community for real, Lee!  :)  Nice job on the waterfront.  It appears that it will go well with with upscale riverside commercial districts, among other areas.

and NO, there will be NO diagonals... not now, not ever.

Rotflmho!  $%Grinno$%  This made my day, even though I know you're actually serious about this.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

callagrafx

You'll get yours one day laddie!

Quote from: nbvc on March 26, 2013, 12:25:52 PM
Looks nice. Will it be with marinas? I'm currently bating some marinas.

Maybe, it may be an addon at a later date

Quote from: sandrasim1 on March 26, 2013, 01:12:51 PM
&bis&  Just for me...pretty please...as a nice comeback gift.  ;D

As lovely as you are, I don't think my sanity could stand it.  Last time I attempted a WFK I spent nearly 2 days trying to figure out the LODs and pieces for diagonals... It drove me potty and I STILL couldn't get the ruddy things to work  :'(

Quote from: noahclem on March 26, 2013, 12:50:23 PM
Looks beautiful   :o

Very exciting project. No diagonals, eh?  :D  Fair enough, though I hope I'm not out of line to request HD renders ;)

I am not sold on the idea of HD renders for such large pieces... And considering the number of pieces there will be (around 10-12) that'd be a hefty package to download, especially as they'll have nitelites too.  As they're offset rendered to allow for simple placement, and they WON'T dig to the waterline I will probably populate with static people like I did on the Opera House, but with enough variations to make it look sufficiently random.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Bipin

Nice work. I've always been impressed by your stuff Callagrafx, and this work is no disappointment! One question though, will the walkway texture be a generic concrete, or will you go with Maxis tiles/Maxis concrete? In my opinion, keeping it generic, similar to how the textures are now, would be the best; something that works with a variety of sidewalk patterns.

weixc812

Great innovation  :thumbsup:
I think it fits well with your upcoming Sydney Opera House  :D
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

sandrasim1

Quote from: callagrafx on March 26, 2013, 03:18:27 PM
As lovely as you are, I don't think my sanity could stand it.  Last time I attempted a WFK I spent nearly 2 days trying to figure out the LODs and pieces for diagonals... It drove me potty and I STILL couldn't get the ruddy things to work  :'(

I certainly don't want to drive you potty so I will be content and happy to play with the orthogonal pieces only.  ;D

even if I will sulk for the rest of the evening

"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work"  Thomas Alva Edison

callagrafx

Quote from: sandrasim1 on March 27, 2013, 11:02:16 AM
Quote from: callagrafx on March 26, 2013, 03:18:27 PM

I certainly don't want to drive you potty so I will be content and happy to play with the orthogonal pieces only.  ;D

even if I will sulk for the rest of the evening

At this moment, with the colour issue, they may not appear either  :'(

callagrafx

And with the colour issue sorted, work continues.... I would say "apace" but time is extremely limited at the mo

Straight sections.  These will be a prop family of 10 variations of people etc to break up the repetitions.  Currently there are 1x1, 2x1 and 3x1 pieces.  I also intend to do a piece with steps into the water... this will be a 1x1 but not within the prop family.

Inside corner.
  Gave me a bit of a headache but then used the "marrast" principle of filler LOTs.  There are currently two:

Toilet

Fountain

Still to do:

Additional 1x1 pieces
Step 2x1 piece
End piece L
End piece R

any I've missed?  and DON'T say diagonals  :P

art128

Maybe underbridge pieces?  Like either 2x1 left and right or 3x1

Anyway, looks really nice
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Bipin

Have you considered a boat launch ramp or perhaps one of your own boat models reused and moored to the side of the seawall?

callagrafx

Quote from: art128 on April 02, 2013, 04:34:18 AM
Maybe underbridge pieces?  Like either 2x1 left and right or 3x1

Anyway, looks really nice

Nice idea... I'll explore that one... I presume they'd need to overhang under the bridge? 

Quote from: Bipin on April 02, 2013, 04:37:18 AM
Have you considered a boat launch ramp or perhaps one of your own boat models reused and moored to the side of the seawall?

Not practical, as there is no static height, but will sit at whatever the player has terraformed.