• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SimCity 3000 and SimCity 3000 Unlimited

Started by catty, May 11, 2013, 03:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Hi Guys

As some of you know I have a website over here

https://city-builders.info/

I have been updating its downloads Exchange area

The CBEX will be here  https://city-builders.info//cbex

Most of the files will be add-ons or updates lost when EA Games deleted their official sites for SimCity 3000 or SimCity 3000 Unlimited

I will be added some SimCity 3000 and SimCity 3000 Unlimited information into the forums when I get some spare time

-catty

EDIT: Update website address
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

metarvo

This is good news.  ;D  Back before I really got into SC4, I used to like the SC3000 sites a lot.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

j-dub

Thanks Catty, glad you could take one for the community.

catty

The site is for any city building game anyone plays, but I'm happy to provide a place for SC3 and SC3K players as much as I love SimCity 4 Deluxe nothing beats a parade thru your cities centre

:thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

Hi Guys

Have been having a bit of a ruthless purge of the city builders users database

if you starting setting up an account and never finished setting it up or did set up an account and never used it, or it didn't look like it was a real person, its now been deleted  ... sorry   :(

Again sorry if I've deleted your account, please note that for those of you who still have accounts, I have started some topics over in the forums which have attached to them some patch files that MAXIS provided for people who were having problems in SimCity 3000 (or SC3K), its seemed best to put them in the forum in the Technical board as I was able to copy the information that came with them from the old site into the posts.

-catty

catty

Hi Guys

This might bring back memories to someone

I recently purchased the "Streets of SimCity" as the cities and scenarios available with it can be used in SimCity 3000 (plus Unlimited).

-catty

sim_link

Oh the memories! I loved SC3KU. I miss that game. You've actually made me consider firing it up here in a bit... thanks for posting that! :)

catty

Quote from: sim_link on August 07, 2013, 12:43:22 PM
Oh the memories! I loved SC3KU. I miss that game...

I was only going to open up each SimCity 2000 city in SC3K and take a snapshot picture of it, the problem is I can't resist playing with the city once I've got it open, this one has pumping stations all over the map, but all the pipes underground are broken

;D

catty

Site layout has changed again, if anyone has problems with it let me know, all links should have remained the same, continuing to rummage thru the old EA Sites using the Wayback Machine, you can still find and download the Transamerica Tower from here

http://web.archive.org/web/20100309122931/http://www.japan.ea.com/archive/simcity3000/guide/buildings/index.html

and have also found a old EA site that's has hundreds of SC2000 Cities still available to download, its proving a real treasure hunt   ;D

catty

Quote from: catty on August 31, 2013, 02:29:11 PM
...its proving a real treasure hunt

The Wayback has saved the SimCity 3000 Exchange Archive, and unlike the SC3K and SC4 Exchanges you can still download the buildings from it ... so far no noticeable problems in downloading any of the buildings, it was an open exchange so no guarantees about any of the buildings

http://web.archive.org/web/20070109085101/http://simcity.ea.com/obe/Building_Exchange.html

According to the front page

Quoteif you are a SimCity 3000 Unlimited user, you should be pleased to know that you too can download and enjoy these fan creations.

Also a note of caution the last "captures" the wayback has done only take you to a Sims landing page, as by that stage EA had deleted the exchange

()sad()

-catty

metarvo

Quote from: catty on August 08, 2013, 04:53:40 AM
I was only going to open up each SimCity 2000 city in SC3K and take a snapshot picture of it, the problem is I can't resist playing with the city once I've got it open, this one has pumping stations all over the map, but all the pipes underground are broken

This has to do with the difference in the way water pipes function in the two games, as well as the way they are placed.  In SC2K, pipes must connect every building, and smaller pipes are placed with each water-requiring building as it is built.  Main pipes must be built by the Mayor, and they replace the small pipes if they are dragged over them.  In SC3K, only main pipes are available, and they provide water up to seven tiles away.  When a city is transferred, the small pipes disappear, but the mains remain.  Water utility buildings (such as those pumping stations) get their own pipes.  So, you must build new water pipes as needed when you transfer a city from 2K to 3K.  Unfortunately, the city transfer feature is broken like that.  ::)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

catty

Thanks for that information, I knew there is a problem with power lines when you convert from SC2000 to SC3000, but didn't realize the water pipes had the same problem ... its still fun repairing the cities   ()stsfd()

Along with owning the "Streets of SimCity" I've also got buried in one of the cupboards "SimCopter" and it looks like the cities in that game can also be used by SC3K players, just have to finish sorting out the existing CBEX before I add anything more to it.

For those SC4 players who want a new region, on the old SimCity site (American) they had a city "Optimized U-Drive-It City" and a region "Maxis Region" you could download, it seems the non-english sites also had something similiar and so far I've only located the Japanese site using the wayback but its got the "Kantō Region" available to download, it looks quite good in-game but there are a few issues with it being saved with Japanese names, etc.

-catty

catty

I am making a small number of files on the CBEX public downloads, these are ones that I would consider to be essential for your game, this includes the

SimCity 3000 Unlimited Reference Guide
SimCity 3000 Unlimited Reference Card

the downloads can be found here

https://city-builders.info/cbex

if there are any others that people consider to be must haves in your game, please let me know.

-catty

EDIT: Changed Website address

SpeedbumpJoey

catty

Hi Guys

Just to let people know, the citybuilders site was deleted early in the week by the hosting company when they were attempting to removed some corrupted files they had accidently put on the site ... all our current site backups contain these files, so restoring the site just put them back again   :(

The second attempt has wiped out the site, database tables and the backups on the server ... I do have copies of these backups on my computer at home, so I'm currently hopefull we can get something back up and working again eventually.

%confuso

Rayden

Funny, I managed to login last night, but I can't anymore. &mmm

catty

Must have been between the site deletions, the first one happened on Tuesday, I'd noticed the previous week that a number of weird directories and files had popped up on the site and had reported it to the hosting company as they appeared to belong to them

Anyway Jmouse was posting in the forums when the site just vanished under her   ()sad()

I spend about an hour bouncing around different people and departments trying to get an answer as to why they had deleted the site, and got nowhere, some bright spark suggested the site had been hacked and I should change the site passwords, I give up and restored the site from backup, and that's how things continue to yesterday lunchtime (NZ Time) and after a string of emails from the company

yes they had deleted the site early in the week, yes the weird directories and files belonged to them and did they have permission to have another go at getting rid of them.

Current situation is they don't know what they have done, they don't know how to fix it and they have put in an urgent service call to somebody .... ?

I'm trying to think zen-like thoughts at the moment, otherwise I would hate to think what my blood pressure would be like   :bomb:

catty

Site is now back again   &dance 

Any problems let me know   :thumbsup:

catty

Further to my last post the decision has been reached to move the site to a new hosting company and web address

www.city-builders.info

Some of you have already visiting the new site, both sites will continue together until such time as we are happy everything has been transferred over to the new site.

So far only the SimCityKurier links have been transferred, you will also note that so far the new catalogue does not look like the old one, some of that may change in the next few days, but we are now running the new site on different software to the old site so some things can't be duplicated.

Over the new few days you should see the Gizmo, WMP, LEX and PLEX links make the transfer over as all of them have been completely catalogued, the rest of the site links will move over as they are completed, except for Simtropolis as I don't think that something I can ever completely catalogue.

-catty

catty

The data exchange at City Builders is moving to using another software program, due to disaster striking the old one, I upgraded the software program which turns out to have a few two many bugs in it, and the changes it made during the upgrade means I can't go back to the obsolete stable version   >:(

The new exchange is taking shape over here

https://city-builders.info/cbex

It will eventually take the place of the old one, all the SC3 and SC3K files have transferred over and they just need descriptions and pictures, etc to be added to them.