• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Plane trees ?...

Started by Krasner, July 28, 2016, 05:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krasner

I realized recently that there is something missing in HD ploppable flora, something really important as soon as you want to reproduce a french city : plane trees (platanes in french), more especially the tall ones, deformed by decades of pruning. In France, most of the avenues are lined with plane trees. Here are a few exemples :
https://www.google.fr/search?q=platane+taill%C3%A9&biw=1951&bih=961&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwingZycjpbOAhXGcBoKHekGCZMQ_AUIBigB&dpr=0.7#tbm=isch&q=+platanes

If I missed that some of those trees ave been created already, I apologise  &mmm
I searched for plane trees everywhere anyway.
ANARCHIST !!

mrbisonm

"Plane" trees, called "avenue Trees" here in Quebec/Canada are just ordinary trees that have taken a different and sometimes weird looking shape from trimming, cutting and pruning for so many years that they look like this. This would usually in SC4 interfere with the view we get from above for the rest of the view of the street, might as well just forget the road/street and plant only trees in lines in and around the city. Besides the details of the wooden part would not be seen so well, because from above (the angle we have to see them) one can only see recognize leaves. There are mods that can be used to have different avenue trees already.
One more thing is that ploppable trees (mayorplops) as you mentioned cannot be placed beside roads and streets in SC4. nothing can, they will have to be inserted into a lot, which makes it then more difficult and less practical for the buildings to take their place..........kinda logic that no one actually has done them. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mgb204

SimFox made some Plane Trees I think, I'm no flora expert, but that's what they are called. Not HD or seasonal though, although some of the best non-HD flora from that time IMO.

Check out this mod for the avenues, it adds CPs seasonal flora. Indeed you can't use MMPs on game networks, but you can use T21s, like this mod. Such mods are a bit of work to learn how to create, but if you could find the trees you most wanted, it's totally possible to adapt an existing mod to show different trees.

vinlabsc3k

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!