• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT Advent Calendar 2016

Started by Andreas, November 30, 2016, 03:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Christmas is approaching slowly, but steady, and in Europe, the first day of December has started. Once more, the SFBT is keeping up the old tradition of publishing an Advent Calendar with a new download every day until Christmas. Again, we were digging deep in our archives, an uncovered some more hidden treasures that will finally see the light of the public. Granted, SC4 is aging, the community gets smaller every year, and we must admit that this is possibly the very last SFBT Advent Calendar that will happen, unless some new content will be produced in the future.

Today, we start with something rather simple, yet useful, a small set of median filler lots that N1_2888 initially created for personal use only, but it quickly became an essential item in his cities, hence he decided to publish those two little, versatile lots. The reduced design should work nicely with pretty much any situation, there are some custom streetlight props that avoid the pesky Maxis bug that prevents some props near the lot borders from lighting up properly. Sometimes, less is actually more. :)

Download: SFBT Median Strip Fillers by N1_2888
Andreas

compdude787

Oh, I'm happy to see that this is taking place again this year!! Quite a pleasant surprise. :thumbsup:
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

mrbisonm

Woohoo! You're back.......how come no one asked me for a contribution this year?

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

tomvsotis

Alan_Waters

APSMS

Quote from: mrbisonm on November 30, 2016, 04:08:26 PM
Woohoo! You're back.......how come no one asked me for a contribution this year?

Fred
Fred, you're welcome to join in. I don't think anyone expected you to have anything ready for health reasons, but if you're up for it I'm sure we'd be glad to have whatever it is you're offering. We still have the rest of December. ;)

-Absalom
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Andreas

@Fred: What Absolom said. ;)
@all: Thanks for the nice feedback, much appreciated! :)

Today's upload is a small, but useful one as well, and despite its simplicity a very common view esp. in Germany: a little grassy hill as roundabout centerpiece, which is supposed to guide the drivers' view and prevent distractions from traffic that arrives from the opposite direction. Like with other Avenue Roundabout fillers, pick the appropriate NAM Puzzle Piece, bulldoze the center tiles, and plop this lot, which provides an overhanging prop that fills in the center nicely.

Download: SFBT Grass Filler for Avenue Roundabout by Khiyana
Andreas

Jack_wilds

:bnn:

ever so pleased and surprised that SFBT wa able to do another advent celebration... well done...

:thumbsup:

:)

Andreas

Another little thing that collected dust in our archives is the SFBT Parking Lot Paths by Khiyana. They feature two eye-candy lots with diagonal parking lots props that were made by prepo. The download also contains a few path lots, which were inspired by PEG's "Scenic Drive Kit", one of the oldest sets of paths that has been released for the game. Back then, diagonal paths were not included, hence Khiyana made some for herself. The SDK isn't a dependency, though, you can use these lots as standalone version as well.

Download: SFBT Parking Lot Paths by Khiyana
Andreas

Vizoria

Does each diagonal parking come with a different configuration of times props (cars)?

Andreas

prepo made two different props, as shown in the screenshot. I didn't make a prop family, though, so you can pick between those two lots, and rotate them by 180 degrees for more variety.
Andreas

Andreas

You might remember today's Advent Calendar download from one or another Mayor Diary, and as a matter of fact, it has been available at the STEX since quite a while. Since the RFR BAT Team is a group of German SC4 players, the SFBT decided to approach them, and offer an "SFBT overhaul" of their Maize Set, granting them a place at SimCityKurier and the LEX as well. I've updated all files to the usual SFBT standards, so they got new menu icons and descriptons, and I added two new ploppable lots as well, since the diagonal field lots that were included in the original set covered only one direction.

"RFR" is FrankyFour (also known as "Framly" here), rambuckel, igc and carlfatal. Back when the set was developed, MatheMan also created some maize-related props that never made it into the old Maize Set, which is now fixed; you'll find a new MMP icon with three little props that suit this set. Apart from the aforementioned MMPs and the ploppable field lots, the download also contains two different farms that will grow with a custome maize field. I edited the maize props, so they will cast shadows now. This might slow down older machines, but I figure it's not that much of a problem anymore with modern computers.

Download: SFBT Maize Set by the RFR BAT Team
Andreas

noahclem

All such lovely stuff! The RFR is surely among the teams I most miss being active :(  Theresa was even kind enough to mail me some Christmas spirits a couple years back  :squirrel:

Krasner

ANARCHIST !!

mgb204

Well well... great to see the Advent Calendar returning again this year. And already we have some really fantastic treats and it's only the 4th Dec!

Andreas

Thanks, guys, much appreciated! :)

Another little building that was gathering dust for way too long is Volg and Flats by JohnD. It's a typical central European building from the 1950s-1960s, which you can find virtually everywhere in Germany, Austria or Switzerland. There is a Swiss "Volg" retail store in the ground floor, and the upper floors consist of several flats. Since such a mix development isn't possible in the game, I decided to create some low-wealth commercial service lot, which should fit into any low-med density residential development, satisfying the insatable demand for such jobs.

Download: Volg and Flats by JohnD
Andreas

metarvo

Ahhh... yes!  That time of year for all the great Christmas traditions, be it food, music, lights, cold weather ( ;D ), and yes the SFBT Advent Calendar!  True to form, great gifts are already being handed out like candy.  :)  That roundabout filler truly is a sweet treat, and the diagonal parking and paths are a nice combination.  Notably, it seems like these diagonal paths are offset from others, providing a bit of a different touch.  Keep up the good work here!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Seaman

Quote from: metarvo on December 04, 2016, 06:32:57 PM
Ahhh... yes!  That time of year for all the great Christmas traditions, be it food, music, lights, cold weather ( ;D ), and yes the SFBT Advent Calendar!  True to form, great gifts are already being handed out like candy.  :)  That roundabout filler truly is a sweet treat, and the diagonal parking and paths are a nice combination.  Notably, it seems like these diagonal paths are offset from others, providing a bit of a different touch.  Keep up the good work here!

&apls

You've found the right words, I couldn't. Same feeling over here.

Andreas

I'm happy to see there's still so much appreciation, thanks for all the nice words!

December 6th is St. Nicholas day, which brings a little gift for all kids in Germany when they put out their polished shoes in the night before. Our gift for today is a special set of lots that is based on one of Haarlemmergold's excellent BATs. Chrisim has modified the original model by editing the FSH files, allowing him to use the building in a unique setup. The three lots are counterparts of the in-game police stations, designed for a W2W environment or a historic town center in a European city.

Download: SFBT German Police Stations by Haarlemmergold and Chrisim
Andreas

Silur

Thanks to the whole Team. I love Your works.  &apls
Success.