• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT Advent Calendar 2016

Started by Andreas, November 30, 2016, 03:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manga rivotra

A real pleasure to see this beautiful church created by Rav, which is probably one of the best and prolific bater currently.  :)
These residential and industrial buildings are also magnificent and generic....... and we need more generic building, especially modern residential !
Thanks again for all these gifts !  :thumbsup:

Andreas

For all fans of the SFBT large lot series, here's another goodie by JohnD, the  Mayor Kornmesser Apartments. Using both an orthogonal as well as a diagonal version of the building by JohnD, I designed a set of four different lots in total. Using the sizes 4x5 and 5x4, I placed two or three buildings in different configurations on the lots. The usual parking lots, playgrounds and dumpsters suit the layout of the other large lots, as well as the selection of props and textures, so these should fit into your low wealth residential areas nicely.

Download: SFBT Mayor Kornmesser Apartments by JohnD
Andreas

FrankU

Oh, nice! Beautiful. These models would make a great combination with yesterday`s model. Also together on one lot.

vester

Really nice.

Do remind me of Bellahøj (høj = height) in Copenhagen.

metarvo

These midrise apartments are a necessary part of old urban neighborhoods; heh, Dallas has quite a few of them on the side streets.  Nice!

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Andreas

They might look unimpressive on the screenshots at the first glance, but they can be pretty useful in some occasions: The STR Tunnel Portals by exziviben can be plopped directly "on top" of the Maxis tunnel portal that still shows up when you drag a tunnel with the NAM Single Track Rail, creating the illusion of a single entrance tunnel portal. Depending on the slope of the mountain, parts of the model will disappear inside, you can improve the look with careful manual lifting the terrain, if necessary. :)

Download: SFBT STR Tunnel Portals by exziviben
Andreas

APSMS

These are pretty cool!

If exziviben is still active, tell him thanks from me. These are really useful, esp. given the game's limitations regarding tunnels.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Andreas

Alas, most of the SFBT members are not active anymore. Some check out Simforum now and then, but I fear that most of them moved on. JohnD isn't around anymore as well, hence it's very unlikely that we'll see more of those apartment blocks either.
Andreas

Silur

tomvsotis

Quote from: Andreas on December 22, 2016, 04:26:33 PM
They might look unimpressive on the screenshots at the first glance, but they can be pretty useful in some occasions: The STR Tunnel Portals by exziviben can be plopped directly "on top" of the Maxis tunnel portal that still shows up when you drag a tunnel with the NAM Single Track Rail, creating the illusion of a single entrance tunnel portal. Depending on the slope of the mountain, parts of the model will disappear inside, you can improve the look with careful manual lifting the terrain, if necessary.
Oh, these are *great*. I have some others that are a kind of similar idea but never really worked that well; these look beautiful!

Andreas

Fred aka. mrbisonm kindly donated a little gift for the advent calendar and asked me to upload it along with the SFBT stuff. It is a preview lot for his upcoming Modern Farm Props set that is scheduled for release soon. More about the MFP developent can be found in his thread. :)

Download: Nexis Modern US Farm by mrbisonm

Christmas is coming up soon, and naturally, the SFBT stocked up a few more gifts that I'll be releasing over the holidays. Today's item is another BAT by rambuckel, who produced a number of buildings from Scotland. The Sanquhar Tollbooth House dates back to the 18th century. Although it's used as a museum these days, I decided to mod it as a pure landmark, since the number of landmarks that are available as museum or library got a bit excessive. ;) Sadly, this building doesn't have any nightlighting, but since rambuckel isn't around anymore either, I doubt this can be fixed anytime soon.

Download: SFBT Sanquhar Tollbooth House by rambuckel
Andreas

Themistokles

So much awesomeness in this year's calendar (as every year... ;) )!

I think Andreas deserves a Karma point for keeping this wonderful tradition alive.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

compdude787

Quote from: Themistokles on December 24, 2016, 01:28:48 AM
So much awesomeness in this year's calendar (as every year... ;) )!

I think Andreas deserves a Karma point for keeping this wonderful tradition alive.

Agree with everything you said!!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Akallan

Thank you very much to you Andreas and all the SFBT team for these beautiful lots! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

gn_leugim

Merry Christmas, and a happy new year to all :D

Jack_wilds

hello andreas and teh entire SFBT team and guests....

this was an awesome year for gifts and pleasant surprises... namely JohnD... however I must say that last years surprise of EP1 Clayhurst University was the best surprise ever... 

my favorite for this year is what Fred aka mrbisonm offered... thanks for the dairy farm [I am saying dairy farm, irregardless of what was intended  ;)]  followed up by royal's work... they do add more variety in teh industrial areas aboutteh railroad...

so here is hoping there will be more next year and that more batters and lotters do come into their own for adding to the city scapes of SC4d

Thank you for a good year  :bnn:

:popcorn:

FrankU

I too thank you Andreas for the Adventcalendar this year. It's always a pleasure to see the long list of nice up to awesome stuff coming by.
And hopefully I have something to contribute next year.

Krasner

This was an awesome advent calendar  ;D If it was indeed the very last advent calendar conducted by the SFBT team, I guess that next year's edition will need to be well organized to prevent blank days. I certainly will have a few things to share next year if it's necessary, and maybe some nice stuff from formerly active TSC members also ;)
ANARCHIST !!