• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fantozzi's Lotting Adventures

Started by fantozzi, March 01, 2018, 06:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantozzi

Hm. Making it the way I proposed last - two lots one goes to the west, other goes to south - it won't be possible to do the thing transit enabled. To make one half a freight station and the other half I-D then - I guess - doesn't make much sense?  ()what() Looking today on it I get doubts again.  ()what()

Maybe proposal B wasn't that bad? Maybe to cut the cargo part into 3 slim long slices from east to west and making the middle slice transit enabled and working as a freight station?  ()what() Or the south slice  ()what()

Strangely I'm not able to find a solution on this simple task ...  ()what()

mattb325

I would make some filler lots to deal with the gaps. A lot that is 1 tile wide by X (ie 11, 13 etc) tiles long. I would make it a static landmark with 'demand satisfied' requester for ID and IM of approx 5,000 which will help get your main lots growing. You can then use them to fill the gaps between the placement of the larger, functional lots and the rail or other stubs that need 1 tile between network enabled lots.

fantozzi

That's a good idea, to make some demand pushing lots for the gaps. Il decided, instead of making more planning plans to better start lotting and see where it takes me. Even little lions have to play a lot to learn hunting and fighting strategies. For evolution the key to find solutions isn't thinking but playing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To those who read, liked, commented and helped so often - no matter where you are and if you celebrate the first Sunday after the first full moon in spring in old western world (which with christianity later became eastern eve all around the world) or if you don't  - no matter if you gather around a bonfire, roll an egg, watch out for the easter rabbit or the easter bilby, go to church and remind yourself that hope makes us strong and love overrules reason, like charity overrules laws, so no matter where you are on upcoming sunday ...

Wish you nice easter days.

(I'll be away from SC4 only a few days and return stronger than ever to complete the BASF project)

fantozzi

They build so fast new structures on the former US-Army ground in Heidelberg - it feels really confusing when you aren't familiar with your own vicinity anymore.

Today I passed this building and I don't know when it was builded and what is in there. Completely new to me.

Tell me, is it really that ugly as it seems to me?  Or am I prejudiced against it because it's a stranger to me and the hometown I used to know?

Terring7

I personally like this building, although having rounded corners and green roofs would make it more pretty.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

c.p.

I like the taller part of it, but not the rest of it, which looks too much like a fortress with those tiny strips of window, in my opinion.

matias93

I like the idea of the foldable window covers, is inventive. But the materials could have been more amicable, and certainly is something to place on a more 'virgin' space, when you don't need to worry about how it mixes with the context.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

fantozzi

Thank you for your comments.

Could be it's just the speed it did grow and the color that reminds me of ...

mattb325

It's not to my taste, and I usually don't mind these strange modern things. I think the adjustable sun shades definitely missed the mark from an aesthetic point of view.

fantozzi

While B.A.T renders and renders and renders ... I browsed throught the web and found this roman church from late eleventh or early twelfth century (groundwork from eighth century):

(click to enlarge)

It's located in the southern alps, near the village Laas (Italy) and is consecrated to Saint Sisinius.

It is very typical for the clearness, scantiness of early roman churches. But mainly I got hooked for the texture - and how it would be a challenge to give it that look of walls that stood almost a thousand years of rough weather.

https://www.google.de/maps/@46.6246909,10.6925855,3a,24.4y,165.32h,99.12t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sCcL1Pz9z-YwTKi5h9Xkg2Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

A nice model for a basketball arena:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/444a19cd1ab1597fd6196eba7a56992/Fernando-Buesa-Arena

We haven't a basket arena jet ... or am I wrong?

A cool model for a tennis stadium:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/4d94b853bc24db64089971de552101c/Rod-Laver-Arena

Most probably those models are to huge for my old PC.  :'(

But concert stages, sport arenas - how to name it  ()what() Event Facilities  ()what() ... apart from soccer and football stadiums we haven't that much.

Reminds me I thought about to make a modular olympic park similar to the BASF. With tabel tennis arena, badminton arena, martial arts arena and all the sports fields and a nice swimming stadium. Making it some kind of reward chain - where you asked: "major, your city was proposed for hosting the olympic games. If you build a complete olympic park in the next 8 years you will get the games which will give you a big economic boost." Some mod like this I was dreaming about.

So many ideas ... so little talent.  &mmm

fantozzi

Started to work on BASF, southern wing - but with the many details to realize don't expect fast results.

(click to enlarge)

On the left is the southern end of the distillation chain on the right is a part of the laboratories.

Unfinished and in early state, another glimpse on the southern wing, with the bio-chemical and environmental research (wired stuff like oil eating bacteria and plastic eating enzyme) in the left upper corner and the southern part of the laboratories (right side).

Andreas

This looks very promising already! Obviously, such things take time, but the result speaks for itself. :)
Andreas

c.p.

Looks like a good start :thumbsup:

mattb325

This is coming together very nicely, and lotting this beast will certainly keep you occupied for the rest of the year  :)

PaPa-J

Looking spectacular!  I'd say you really have something going here. :thumbsup:
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

fantozzi

Thank you very much for the kind comments.  ()stsfd()

But ... did you eat crow? Apart from being nice, lifting my mood and making jokes it's also your job here to indicate mistakes and errors.  "$Deal"$

Please do this job with &scl() maximum duteousness  &scl()

!!! GUESS, WE HAVE TO TRAIN THIS !!!

So how many errors do you spot in the following picture?  &prt

(click to enlarge)

You can compare your result with the errors I could spot:

So please report if you find any else.  &sly Or if you need more training please let me now. This project, realized by Fantozzi, will offer excellent training in error-spotting.  ::)

Thank you.

Andreas

Well, with a "work in progress" lot, I do expect quite a few errors still on them, so I didn't bother to look closely. ;)
Andreas

mattb325

^^ Ditto that, but if I spot any glaring ones, I'll be sure to say  :) :D

fantozzi

fantozzi

BASF Ludwigshafen, southern wing, complete and explained:

(caution: clicking on the image may deform your monitor)