• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Dat Packer

Started by wouanagaine, January 16, 2007, 05:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frdrcklim

I had a feeling I forgot something  ;D. I think I downloaded this before but I forgot to get it to transfer to my computer. It works now  :).
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

Hahayoudied

I am new here. Where do I download the DAT packer?

wouanagaine

On the LEX ( click on the top right of this page ), you should register also
Then do a power search for 'tools-player' in the 'Type' field

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Bluebeard

I have heard so much about this tool but will this run on Vista 32 and is it difficult to install seeing how I have Vista?.Thanx :)

xxdita

I've had absolutely no problems running it on Vista32. If you have User Account Controls activated, installing ANYTHING can be tedious, but once those are turned off, it's much easier.

Bluebeard

Thanx xxdita.
   But what is this "User Account Controls" you speak of?.Care to point me in the proper direction to turn it off and is there any side effects once you turn it off?.Thanx :)

dragonshardz

Go to Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts, selsct your account and find the line of BLUE text tahts reads "turn User Account Control on or off.

There are no real side effects other than the computer whining at you about UAC being off, but turning it off is not a good idea if your virus/spyware/malware protection isn't very good.

Bluebeard

Thanx Dragon.
   I guess seeing that I'm not sure what is installed I'll leave it on.Thanx again. :thumbsup:

Collgab

Oh very nice! I have tried to use this alot..and it gets frozen about 1/3 the way done and i have never been able to finish the entire 'dat packing' maybe you could help me?  ()what()

wouanagaine

Maybe

What is the folder is freezing on ? Try to move this folder out of your plugins before datpacking to see if it help
And ultimatly try to find which file is causing the freeze.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

dragonshardz

And if it is a large folder try breaking it up into chunks.

tomdapom

I have tried to run SC4DatPacker, but everytime I try, this comes up:

Any reasons?
BTW, this happens with every file I try to pack.

wouanagaine

Tomdapom => You may try the latest version on the LEX

New Horizons Productions

SC4BOY

I have a problem with only this file (attached and renamed.. not actually zipped) It is a .sc4desc file and is under 1k. SC4RH uses the file with no problem but it gives an "abort, retry, ignore" message everytime in datpacker. Currently my "bypass method" is simply to put it in the root plugins directory, but I'd like to actually solve the problem.. Thanks for your help. (if you care it is part of a petrochemical factory by BLAM (fukuda)

dragonshardz

Just from looking at that file I can see that if anyone downloads it it is useless. the ".SC4Desc.zip" part makes it so. Please remove that and put the file into and actual zip file instead of attaching ".zip" to the end of it.

My $0.02 USD.

wouanagaine

Quote from: dragonshardz on February 07, 2008, 09:03:30 PM
Just from looking at that file I can see that if anyone downloads it it is useless. the ".SC4Desc.zip" part makes it so. Please remove that and put the file into and actual zip file instead of attaching ".zip" to the end of it.

My $0.02 USD.
Hum, yes that is exactly what SC4BOY said :=> (attached and renamed.. not actually zipped)

Anyway that file is totally screwed, you can't open it in reader, and using an Hex viewer it shows that even if it got a correct DBPF signature, it missing vital others informations.
Of course it seems that SC4 handles such wrong files much better than SC4DatPacker. I will put that file in my own plugins and will make DatPacker handle it  ( ie skipping it + warning you )

As I said, the latest version ( the smaller&quicker one ) was developped with only valid files ( the bad ones were removed long time ago ), so the odds are greats that some others errors like this one may happen again

Thanks for pointing out and give me that file

New Horizons Productions

SC4BOY

Quote from: dragonshardz on February 07, 2008, 09:03:30 PM

My $0.02 USD.

1. It wasn't necessary for this tiny file
2. .. it would have been probably 4x the size with the zip wrapper
3. I don't have a zipper that is registered and I don't use "stealware" .. :)
4. Since XP "auto-unzips" files I have no need for an unzipper.. In fact I think I dl'd Winzip to attack a .rar file that I got from a Japanese site once upon a time.
5. Should I actually need a zipper some day, I'll take care  of it.. thanks for your 2 cents though.. I'll spend it wisely. ;)
6. It is renamed just to bypass the upload filter.. for no other reason.

Quote from: wouanagaine on February 08, 2008, 12:18:16 AM
Hum, yes that is exactly what SC4BOY said :=> (attached and renamed.. not actually zipped)

The obvious is sometimes the hardest to see.. ;)

QuoteAnyway that file is totally screwed, you can't open it in reader, and using an Hex viewer it shows that even if it got a correct DBPF signature, it missing vital others informations.
Of course it seems that SC4 handles such wrong files much better than SC4DatPacker. I will put that file in my own plugins and will make DatPacker handle it  ( ie skipping it + warning you )

As I said, the latest version ( the smaller&quicker one ) was developped with only valid files ( the bad ones were removed long time ago ), so the odds are greats that some others errors like this one may happen again

Does that mean that SC4 is not actually using it? Should I just remove it? (you can just PM me.. I don't mean to get off-topic)  Should I try to contact the "owner"?

QuoteThanks for pointing out and give me that file

Never a problem.. always glad to help in whatever small way I can. There was no way I could have explained it, so giving it to you seemed best.  I was just surprised .. I have about 3Gb of plugins and that tiny file was the only one that made DatPacker burb.. :)  And I am using your latest revision.

wouanagaine

Quote from: SC4BOY on February 08, 2008, 01:58:18 AM
Does that mean that SC4 is not actually using it? Should I just remove it? (you can just PM me.. I don't mean to get off-topic)  Should I try to contact the "owner"?
You can safely removed that file, SC4 certainly can't use it. and I'm sure Fukuda has provided the good file in his upload or else the tower would not show. So if you contact him, it'll be just for telling him to remove that file from his zip

New Horizons Productions

JoeST

I cant use the scroll bars.

And I do have the newest version V8.c, reinstalled just now, after a registry clean   :thumbsup:

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wouanagaine

hum, which scroll bars ?  A pic please :)

New Horizons Productions