• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Dat Packer

Started by wouanagaine, January 16, 2007, 05:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulstealer

I use HCClite. but it can't help when it comes to duplicate IID's inside different files. These duplicated often means either an old prop pack or some conflict. I'm experiencing a number of these conflicts with some textures. go figure where the conflict is in a 3.2 gigs of folders.

xxdita

Then take the file that says superceeded and add a_ to the beginning of the name. Then DatPack again. This should now give you the other file in question. Keep the newest of the two.

wouanagaine

That will get rid of pure clone ( ie byte by byte clone ), not superseeded file which where included in MegaPack, you can use cleanitol if applicable, but I have file from various places where cleanitol does not help
For example, someone produce a new texture without using his own texture range and get in conflict with others

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

soulstealer

xxdita nice idea but you can't run datpacker on the entire plugins folder when it is 1gb+

scanner maybe on the next version ;)

City Builder

A .dat inside of a .dat inside of a .dat inside of a .dat inside of a .dat. (You get the idea)

Will this eventually cause me problems?

For example Im still trying to fnd the optimal organizational method of doing my plugins that works for me, and currently what Im doing is to have folders named like 1-07-2008 and inside of them are all files that I might have downloaded and installed on that date (then I have another file on my computer that tells me what files are in there), so when I run datpaker it will put evrything into the compressed pluggins folder but then I move them back into the original folders again and move the original files elsewhere.  So the next time that I run datpaker is it trying to recompress the already compressed .dat file or does it skip them and only do files that don't have the extension of .dat ?

Does it matter any how many times they get compressed?  I assume they will ony compress so far and then it doesn't matter anymore as they won't be able to be compressed any further but thought I'd ask.

Thanks
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Pat

Wouanagaine wonderful tut there you have set up!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

wouanagaine

The Anniversary version has been locked due to a nasty side effect bug
I encourage you to repack your plugins with the v6 version until I make a patch

New Horizons Productions

City Builder

Does the version 6 version find and leave out duplicates?  I only ask because I purposely left in one duplicate file to see what would happen but it didn't show up in the list at the bottom of datpaker like some files use to with another version where in the other version of DP it would say something like superseded, now the logs don't show any superseded stuff with version 6 and only show excluding the normal stuff like jpg, and txt files etc.  Not that Im worried about it or anything, just more curious.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!

wouanagaine

yes version 6 removes duplicates, it just doesn't display any message when something is superseed

New Horizons Productions

frdrcklim

Silly question but can there be a dat unpacker just in case we make mistakes in packing?
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

City Builder

I believe the idea is that you don't delete the individual folders with the uncompressed plugins, you just move them out of the plugins folder so that you have them.  If there were some odd mistake, then you simply delete the plugins_compressed folder inside of the plugins folder, and move all the uncompressed plugin folders back into the plugins folder and run datpaker again, then when done move all of the folders inside of your plugins folder except the plugins_compressed folder outside of the plugins folder again.  That's what I do.

wouanagaine

Quote from: City Builder on March 27, 2008, 10:31:25 PM
I believe the idea is that you don't delete the individual folders with the uncompressed plugins, you just move them out of the plugins folder so that you have them.  If there were some odd mistake, then you simply delete the plugins_compressed folder inside of the plugins folder, and move all the uncompressed plugin folders back into the plugins folder and run datpaker again, then when done move the all except the plugins_compressed folder outside of the plugins folder again.  That's what I do.
And that's the correct way  :thumbsup:

New Horizons Productions

Godzillaman

Is there any way to uncompress the files?

I made back-ups but I seemed to have forgotten to update them and then now I want to remove a file from it that isn't in my back up files...
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

wouanagaine

use the reader to remove the examplars

New Horizons Productions

xxdita

It may be far easier to just download the item again, and put it into your backup files.

Godzillaman

Quote from: xxdita on March 29, 2008, 03:51:14 PM
It may be far easier to just download the item again, and put it into your backup files.

You'd think so...until you see the size of my plugins...

Quote from: wouanagaine on March 29, 2008, 03:14:07 PM
use the reader to remove the examplars

I'm sorta a noob...:P by the reader you mean the ilive reader on simtropolis? And how would I do that?
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

xxdita

That all depends on what it is you're trying to take out.
But you would need to copy the exemplars (as well as any associated files) from the packed dat, and paste them into a blank file, then save that, go back to your packed dat and delete each of them out.
Not so difficult if it's a single lot, or a desc file (though first you have to know what you're looking for), but models all have multiple pngs along with the exemplar, which I'm fairly sure would be necessary to put into the new file, if you plan on using it without your packed file.
As I said, easier to download again, especially if you aren't familiar with Reader.

Godzillaman

Yeah I guess I can leave it...seems to spam my cities a lot though...nothing a bulldozer can't handle...:P

xxdita

You can still edit the one file from the dat within Reader, to mod it correctly. Which lot is it? I could have a look.