• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Dat Packer

Started by wouanagaine, January 16, 2007, 05:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

QuoteThat's quite an interesting idea, usualy after running the packer, I copy/paste those root plugins into the newly created plugins_compressed. Doing like that, it won't be necessary anymore, unless there is new ones at the root.
That is not a very good idea, you should leave your root files in a location where there will be loaded in the same order

for example if you have bsc_essentials.dat and a BSC subfolder the files will load in that orders ( bsc_essentials.dat then files in BSC subfolder )
but if you move bsc_essentials.dat to plugin_compressed the load order will be
BSC.dat
bsc_essentials.dat
which is not what is expected and which may wreck some datas. ( I'm not sure if bsc_essentials should be loaded first, but it is state in the readme that it should stay on top )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Rayden

Well, so far I never had a problem with that, and I've been using your prog since the begining. But now that you explained me that and following your example, I will move then to the root of the plugins but at the game folder in program files. ;)

brevat

Thanks snorrelli and wouanagaine.  I think I've figured out the problem and that was part of it.  And thank you for merging my question wouanagaine, I must be time to get new glasses.

Brightstar

What a wonderful program!!! &apls

I do however have one little hitch........Now I have read all 17 pages and don't think I have missed anything....lol

My issue is to do with textures - basically I am missing a few (actually lots).  I have every texture file available from here, ST & peg's site so it shouldn't be a dependency issue.
I thought it might be related to datpacker so I am running the textures file uncompressed.  Didn't fix it- in fact I lost a few other textures - Hungarian Parliament now looks quite bald!
Now on reading this thread I think maybe its related to loading order.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where the texture file would be best located? 

I should also note I am one of those with RAM issues so I had to break down my BSC folder to its component sub folders and then breakdown bscprops some more.......
By the way this is an old region but a new city since I statrted using datpacker.

btw I don't use Cleanitol either - I check my remove lists VERY carefully instead as I sometimes ahve things in different places (my game has always been a bit touchy about where I keep things)

In all other respects this program works great and is incredible!  Its even easy for a techno-idiot like me to use. :thumbsup: :satisfied:

wouanagaine

Brightstar, thx

First make sure that your city shows correctly if you don't use the plugins_compressed folder, but using your break down of BSC folder
if this show correctly, show us your plugins folders and your plugins_compressed so I can see what can cause the problem

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Brightstar

ok so now I'm embarrassed - I should have thought of that :-[
I did what you suggested and the issue didn't go away.  I guess somewhere in my splitting I screwed up what went where and got the loading orders wrong.

So rather than take up anymore of your time I will go away and manually try and work out what needs to go where!  Unless someone can point me in the direction of an easy way to rebuild my texture files....lol

Thanks again for a great product - and great support!

Brightstar

Just thought I'd let you know I've solved my problem - turns out a couple of recent texture pack downloads had files listed to remove that lots actually needed.  Once I put back in the textures I had removed the lots showed properly - I was misled because it affected such a large number of lots! Not sure why it happened yet - Have never had that happen before %confuso

Thanks again for all your help here.

snorrelli

@Brightstar - if you got them from the LEX here, please report the error in the LEX forum so that the creator or LEX administrator can fix either the file or the remove list.
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Brightstar

Snorrelli,

I intend to do just that and would have done so already - unfortunately I have to sit down and go through all the remove lists.  Unfortunately, quite contrary to my usual practice, I downloaded a number of packs at once and installed them at the same time.  I never expected the issue to arise..............that'll teach me!

Ayaren

Whenever I open Dat Packer, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "datPacker.py", line 2, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 2, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

I'm running it on a Windows 98 emulator on my Mac.
I have all the Sim City folders shared.
Any help would be appreciated!

wouanagaine

You need msvcp71.dll which I give an url in the readme. Don't know how this will work on emulator however

New Horizons Productions

Ayaren

Sorry, I have Msvcp71.dll but I'm still getting the same error. Is there anything else I could do?

wouanagaine

try to download gdiplus.dll then which a link is also provided in the readme

You must also make sure you put the dll either in the installation folder or in a folder that is available in your 'PATH'

New Horizons Productions

Ayaren

Well, now the errors are gone...but now it just plain refuses to open. I get an hour glass,
it dissapears, and thats it.

wouanagaine

Quote from: Ayaren on May 28, 2007, 09:49:11 PM
Well, now the errors are gone...but now it just plain refuses to open. I get an hour glass,
it dissapears, and thats it.
Sorry I don't understand quite well, is it working or not?

New Horizons Productions

Ayaren

I doesn't work. No window appears. Exactly nothing happens.

wouanagaine

delete the config.ini which is located in your installation folder
Other than that I really don't see what can be wrong :(.
BTW What OS are you running ?

New Horizons Productions

Ayaren

There is no config.ini. Maybe I should reinstall?
My Mac is OS X version 10.4.9. The emulator is Windows 98 SE.

wouanagaine

QuoteMy Mac is OS X version 10.4.9. The emulator is Windows 98 SE.
Well I think that is the problem, I don't think it works on W98, at least I know that those who tried on W98 failed :(

New Horizons Productions

Ayaren

Well thanks for the help anyways.