• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Dat Packer

Started by wouanagaine, January 16, 2007, 05:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screamingman12

Here's something:

It should know that the file isn't in Plugins_Compressed, because it hasn't created the folder yet.

"...the streetcar, the carriage of the people, was opposed; but that which is for the greatest good of the greatest number will always conquer in the end..." -Rapid Transit in Cities, Thomas Curtis Clarke, 1892

Gaston

I got a question.  LOL     I haven't tried to pack my plugins, since downloading all the CAM stuff.   Are there gonna be any problems I should be aware of in advance???

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

BigSlark

Gaston,

I've repacked twice since CAM and no problems at all. I use "Useful TGI Only" option and never actually delete my Plugins_Compressed.

Cheers,
Kevin

Gaston

Thanks BigSlark.   I figured it would be okay or it would have been noted in the manual.  I'm still glad you said something.   It puts my mind at ease a bit more.     ()stsfd()

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

patch_110

Hi i was having a problem with the game crashing when i changed zoom level and was advised to run this tool on my plugins. so i moved all my textures and props to C/program files plugins and just left my buildings in my doc's plugins and after running this tool most of my cam buildings are brown boxes but when i delete the plugins compressed folder and put all my building plugins back in all building show ok but i get the crash problem back which makes the game basically unplayable.please help

Rayden

Quote from: patch_110 on August 14, 2007, 07:13:53 AM
Hi i was having a problem with the game crashing when i changed zoom level and was advised to run this tool on my plugins. so i moved all my textures and props to C/program files plugins and just left my buildings in my doc's plugins and after running this tool most of my cam buildings are brown boxes but when i delete the plugins compressed folder and put all my building plugins back in all building show ok but i get the crash problem back which makes the game basically unplayable.please help

Please read the instructions of that little tool. I'm sure it doesn't mention there that you have to delete the plugins compressed folder. Try instead to move that folder out of the plugins folder, then rename your plugins folder to something else, and after that, rename your plugins compressed folder to plugins.
But, once again, read the instructions, it's all there. ;)

cowcorn

Hi! I've been running the game with my pluggins compressed since 2 weeks. I have experienced a recuring problem ever since. It would seem that when I enter my main city after loading the game all the props dissapear in random spots. The lots are still there and I can query them but all the props are invisible.This problem didn't happen before I used the DatPacker. Here's a picture.

Sorry this was not the good picture... You shoudn't see this.

BTW. First post on Devotion.

Edited to resize pic ~Wouanagaine~

edit: I changed the picture now.

JoeST

could you make it smaller (change it to this: [url=http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/cowcorn/megamosaic4.jpg][img width=800]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/cowcorn/megamosaic4.jpg[/img][/url])

it would help cut scrolling
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

wouanagaine

I'll try to find some time next week to reply to your questions
Sorry to not be as responsive as I used to be

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Pat

Wou its alll gooooooood RL Work is more important then SimCity...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

wouanagaine

Quote from: screamingman12 on August 03, 2007, 07:42:49 AM
Here's something:

It should know that the file isn't in Plugins_Compressed, because it hasn't created the folder yet.
Strange, as for everyone, the first time the tool is run, the folder does not exist. So I wonder why it failed to create the folder in your case. Does the path look good to you ? I mean your account is 'Test' ? Do you have any permissions/restrictions in that account that would block the creation of folder inside My Documents ?

Quote from: cowcorn on August 16, 2007, 06:59:51 PM
Hi! I've been running the game with my pluggins compressed since 2 weeks. I have experienced a recuring problem ever since. It would seem that when I enter my main city after loading the game all the props dissapear in random spots. The lots are still there and I can query them but all the props are invisible.This problem didn't happen before I used the DatPacker. Here's a picture.

Sorry this was not the good picture... You shoudn't see this.
I don't think it is related to DatPacker, it is called the Prop Pox Problem
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1201.0

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

cowcorn

Thanks! Although I find strange that I had never seen the problem before.

screamingman12

No, the adminsitrator account (Test) was set up by HP because my computer crashed and they had to replace the HDD, so there's nothing I can think of that would block the creation of a folder.

"...the streetcar, the carriage of the people, was opposed; but that which is for the greatest good of the greatest number will always conquer in the end..." -Rapid Transit in Cities, Thomas Curtis Clarke, 1892

TWAK

I think i messed something up. The datpacker has worked before fine for me, but this time all of my cities had brown boxes everywhere.
I ran the dat packer, i switched all the packed files into my plugins and took out the files in my plugins.
Am I missing something? Does having some sc4m files laying about in the plugins directory while others are in file folders have anything to do with it?

mattb325

@ Screamingman12 - are you using Vista?

If so, you should over-write the default Destination Directory on the Dat packer prior to clicking start (there is a small search button at the top of the Datpacker program "..." to enable this).

Your directory will look something like: "C:\Users\user\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Plugins_Compressed"

screamingman12

No, XP home. But I'll still try this.

canadacactus

I need further clarification on the removal of my Plug-in Sub-folders. After running SC4 Dat Packer my BSC folder has nothing but sub-folders. If I remove them then I'm left with an empty BSC folder. Windows XP dosen't like empty folders. The sub-folders contain folders such as; BLSLots, BRT, BSCTextures, and so on. Now some of the sub-folders within these folders are now empty. Is it the empty sub-folders that I should be removing? This is very confusing to me!

I'd appreciate any clarification.

Gerry  :-[

BarbyW

I am not sure what you have done as when I use SC4 DatPacker I am left with all the original folder structures with all files intact and a new folder call Plugins_Compressed that contains the packed dats. I have never some across this problem before.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

NikNik

Quote from: BarbyW on September 27, 2007, 11:19:04 AM
I am not sure what you have done as when I use SC4 DatPacker I am left with all the original folder structures with all files intact and a new folder call Plugins_Compressed that contains the packed dats. I have never some across this problem before.
Hi Barby,
I always have this. I manually move all the directories in the plugins folder apart from the root and the directory Plugins_compressed to a separate directory outside Plugins. No problemo. Didn't you ever have this before I believe it is the way that Datpacker should work.

Nik-Nik