• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rural Renewal Project

Started by Chrisadams3997, September 11, 2007, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Hey Chris,  My mum still lives over the road from the station so if you do go with it and want any extra photos I'm sure I can get them.  Also, a very important feature is the yard at the back, which is for the BBQ's ;)

Andreas

Well, if you decide to do a European set later, here's the fire station from my hometown. :)

Andreas

Chrisadams3997

QuoteAlso, a very important feature is the yard at the back, which is for the BBQ's

aye, very important :D

QuoteWell, if you decide to do a European set later, here's the fire station from my hometown.

Which is looking like a better and better idea all the time.  Great pictures Andreas.

Chris

shoreman905

Chris, if it ever stops raining here I will pop over there and get full shots from ground level....David

Chrisadams3997

That'd be great David, thanks

Chris

shoreman905

Storm moved on out to sea. Got these, sorry for the dirty lens.
East elevation

North elevation

West elevation

South elevation - hard to get with the cedars and loblolly

and a closer look at the alarm post

BTW the models you have already done are very good, after all, no two stations are alike in the county. Oh, and there are 12 EMTs and 2 firefighters paid by the county here, the rest are of course volunteers. Also the drying racks seen in the aerial have been moved. Sing out if you need more shots.

Chrisadams3997

I've been working on the Northampton Fire Station, getting the materials just right, for the last few days.  I've taken a few small liberties in the details.

been playing more and more with procedural texturing, and am quite happy with the results.  In fact there are almost no bitmaps used on the building so far, just one as part of the mask on the flat(er) part of the roof, and one for part of the wood paneling at the top of the building's sides.  Now maybe next time I can do some of the actual modeling :D

Chris

girlfromverona

That texturing looks amazing!  :thumbsup:

Chrisadams3997

modeling more or less done on two sides :)

iskrem

The texture and details of the fire station looks amazing &apls
Looking forward to see it on a lot ingame!
Keep up the good work  :thumbsup:

Regards

Iskrem

jacqulina

shoreman905

To be honest, I never meant for you to model the station, I just put up an example. However, wow, I go past that thing all the time and you have truely captured the place. When you finish, I will have to show the boys up there what you have done. Wonderful, but to keep it generic for the community, I would think, "County Fire and Rescue" might be better than "Northampton", though of course I like it.

Chrisadams3997

I always felt real life was the best inspiration, I enjoyed capturing the little details that make the building unique.  Also, I'm naming all of them off of the general location they're modeled from, as you can't call them all comunity fire and rescue you know ;), so Northampton works for me.

Unfortunately, despite that fact it's all but finished, back in RL I'm working on starting a business (or at least making it official ::)) which'll be taking up all my time for the next while.  I'll be back to finish it up when I can.

Chris

joelyboy911

The station is really nice, but i would like to know, what is procedural texturing?
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

JoeST

Quote from: joelyboy911 on July 09, 2009, 04:03:26 AM
The station is really nice, but i would like to know, what is procedural texturing?
Procedural: computer generated and on the fly.

as in, going by a procedure, a set of instructions ;)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

dragonshardz

Kinda like Spore does to your creatures, etc.

nerdly_dood

That station's pretty awesome! It looks a lot like many fire stations around where I live...

...And do I see one of my yellow American fire trucks in there? It makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside whenever I see someone else using my mods... although I didn't do the model itself, that was Swamper77 - i just turned it yellow.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Chrisadams3997

Quote...And do I see one of my yellow American fire trucks in there? It makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside whenever I see someone else using my mods... although I didn't do the model itself, that was Swamper77 - i just turned it yellow.

well.... I actually did the leg work and changed it to yellow myself ;), but hey.  I just extracted the model and texture from swamper's mod, then imported it into Max where I applied the texture back to it (so it's not a prop, actually in the model).  A few minutes in Paint shop and I had a yellow fire truck texture :)

Chris

ldvger

Chris-

I can see it's been a while since you posted here, but hopefully you stop by to read comments from time to time.

I am just beginning to teach myself (via tutorials) how to create custom content and in the process this morning stumbled across a converstaion about shadows across Lots and Props.  Ennedi had some posts whoing shadows across TPW, both yours and jeonij's.  This was a revelation to me...that you had created a TPW, not the discussion about shadows (that was WAY over my head).  I have spent the afternoon trying to find where to download your TPW and failed completely.  Can you point me in the right direction?  As much as I love and use jeronij's TPW, I liked the surface texture on yours much better.

Lora/LD

Exodia the forbidden one

This is pretty cool! Egyptian kudos! &apls