• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TSC- team project : la Defense

Started by Antoine, September 15, 2007, 06:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Une_ame

Very good :thumbsup:.

To sum up, we have now 5 tower projects :

- Tour Gan
- Tour Granite
- Tour Initiale (also named Tour Nobel)
- CBX Tower
- Tour Areva

I hope those wonderfull re-creation will soon be ready for downloading ;)!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

blanco_05

Aslo, don't forget Tour Ariane. ;)

At right, a SC4's tower, in order to know how these two tower seem to be.
In real life:

Know that i make all my BATs in the right size: a tower like Granite is about 183m. So in the BAT i made it about at 183m hight.  ;)

Une_ame

Thank you for correcting me $%Grinno$%...

Do you plan to release all of the 6 towers in the same time ? Do you plan to BAT the two big projects : "Tour Phare" and "Tour Generali" ()what()?

blanco_05

We'll release all tower one after one because Granite is not totaly finnished and maybe somebody wait these towers  ;)
( moi et l'anglais, j'ai parfois du mal  $%Grinno$% )

About Phare and Generali, making tower from a "rendu" and not from the reality is hard because in reality the BAt can change.
Look Granite, I made it when it wasn't totaly finnish and today, the roof is not like the real tower.
A propos de Phare et Generalis, faire une tour à partir du rendu et non à partir de la réalité est assez dur car en réalité, le batiment construit peut changer. Regardez Granite, je l'ai fait quand elle n'était pas totalement fini, et aujourd'hui, le toit est un peu different.

blanco_05

Just in order to know, for all members of this forum:
Do you prefer a tower with the same proportion as the real tower or a proportion like in SC4.
Because in the game, sims are 4.5m heigh....   >:(
CBX and Ariane are:
CBX: 143m for the real building and also my BAT
Ariane: 152 for the real building and also my BAT
But in the game, the SC4 building are really out of proportion ....

I call you to tell me:
-you  prefer a tower with real dimension
- a tower with SC4 dimension but out of proportion

()what()

Une_ame

Bonjour, de façon à garder un rapport avec la Grande Arche et le CNIT, je pense que tu devrais prendre les proportions "SC4" même si c'est un peu moins satisfaisant intellectuelement, le but de SC4 est quand même pour créer des villes (ou des quartiers dans le cas de la Défense), donc avoir des immeubles qui vont bien ensembles.

En plus, accessoirement, tes tours seront plus grandes et se veront mieux et moi, j'aime bien $%Grinno$%

In order to keep the proportion with the "Grande Arche" (Great Arch : http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=4547) and the "CNIT" (http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=18183), I think you'd better keep the same proportions than the other SC4 buildings, because the finallity of SC4 is to build Cities (or district like "La Défense") with buidings that blend togthers :thumbsup:. Plus, I like big buidings ;)...

blanco_05

Ok.
On TSC, we decided to keep the real size, and here to make tower in SC4 proportions  :-[
Know that defense's building are not very big  $%Grinno$%

Big BAT you want ? I have somme big big bat on my computer, bigger than BAT doesn't want to export it  &ops

iamgoingtoeatyou

I'm looking forward to more of these releases, I am going to do a La Defense recreation with them for sure :P

Beautiful work!

Youcefk69

sauron620

The EDF tower and the "Tour Initiale" are just super. When will you upload the "Tour Ariane" and the CBX tower? :thumbsup:

Une_ame

Yes, this Tour EDF is awesome. I think it is the best one in the district ;).

Ty Youcef for this one (and for your canal :thumbsup:).

Antoine

I like very much this tower !

Mine, upload on simtro and TSC 2 weeks ago

I know for the nightlight too bright but I have got a probleme on my computer and lost everything ! By luck I had send this tower to blanco on .sc4model !

Une_ame

Hello Antoine, nice to see you here :).

Have you solve your pb with your computer and do you plan to change the nightlight on the tower ()what()?

Can you tell us the project you are working on right now (if you have some :P) ?

Antoine

I have lost amm my files when I had my problem ! It's why my nightlight are like that  ;)
And for the moment, no project, because no time  ;)

Chrisim

Quote from: Antoine on April 27, 2008, 02:09:50 AM
I have lost amm my files when I had my problem ! It's why my nightlight are like that  ;)
I like your La Defense - Tour Initiale.
If you lost the Gmax model files, there is still a way to change the night lights of this building.
So far, I applied it to one direction of zoom 5 only. From left to right:
a) reduced night light, night lights added for bottom floors
b) original night lights

The technique is described in this tutorial. Basically, I exported the rendered FSH textures, converted them into a png graphics format, loaded them into a graphic program, combined all in one picture, copy/pasted a subset to add lights for the bottom floors, applied strong brightness reduction, split the picture and saved as png, converted to FSH and loaded back into model file replacing the original night lite FSH files.
Do you like it? It's basically photo editing in graphics software, so the possibilities are limited.
Is it an approach to continue, or are you planing to redo the model?

Youcefk69

hello ! I'm begenning a new tower of La Defense ! The Tour AXA :

Clik on the picture  ;)

Une_ame

Ca fait plaisir de voir des nouveaux bats, en particuliers venant de la Défense. Merci pour celui-là :thumbsup:!!

Nice to see new bats, especially when they come from this district. Thanks!!

Antoine

Chrisim : it must be hard to do !!!! And I don't think I will redo the model lol

Chrisim

It would take me about 6 hours to adjust the night light, but as you can see in the comparison above, the result would be far from perfect.
Therefore, I wonder whether it is worth the effort ...
I understand that you lost the model - do you still have the textures?

Youcefk69

AXA Tower :

MOD EDIT: Resized the picture and turned it into a link to the fullsize version - it was breaking the borders too much - Fred