• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Little residental growth, extreme Commercial demand

Started by ZetZet, October 18, 2007, 02:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZetZet

Hello,

First of all, great mod, the CAM addon, now after years im playing simcity 4 again. but i have some problem/questions in my biggest city, with 4 adjencent cities.

Problem #1 Like you can see on the screenshot, commercial demand is always extremely high, CO$$$ has been that high from the start of the city, but when i look at the "Jobs & Popps" graph in SC4 i still have zero Co$$$, i got alot Co$$, but none Co$$$

Problem #2 Beside the Residental demand is very unstable, there is also little growth. in other cities i dont have this problem, but they are smaller then this one.

Question#1 In the "Res. Income" graph the common income of the city has been in a free fall, is that the effect from lots of R$ to your city?

I hope you can help me, thnks in advance

p.s After installing CAM i started a new region. Region popp. 800.000

I reduced your image width to 1,024 pixels. Click on it to get the full image.
/RippleJet

RippleJet

Quote from: ZetZet on October 18, 2007, 02:24:10 AM
Problem #1 Like you can see on the screenshot, commercial demand is always extremely high, CO$$$ has been that high from the start of the city, but when i look at the "Jobs & Popps" graph in SC4 i still have zero Co$$$, i got alot Co$$, but none Co$$$

If CO§§§ demand is high and you still don't get any CO§§§ growth, then the desirability for them is too low.
CO§§§ needs a desirability of 120 (out of 200) in order to grow in the first place (check the dataview on desirability).
Desirability factors worth mentioning for CO§§§ are land value, traffic, crime, air and garbage pollution.

Problem #2 Beside the Residental demand is very unstable, there is also little growth. in other cities i dont have this problem, but they are smaller then this one.

It isn't really a surprise that the residential demand is low...
You have 210,946 vacant jobs in this city, but in the whole region, you've got an unemployment of 201,330 (negative vacant jobs).
You need more industrial and commercial jobs in your region (and for better growth, don't tax out ID and IM in all your cities).

Question#1 In the "Res. Income" graph the common income of the city has been in a free fall, is that the effect from lots of R$ to your city?

Yes, this is known since long before the CAM.
When the population in a tract reaches the life expectancy, they are all replaced by younger and less educated people.

The table below shows the average income based on wealth and education:

EQ Level     
      R§     
      R§§     
      R§§§     

Consider what happens if well educated R§§§ people (with an income of 300,000) die and are replaced by uneducated R§§§ (with an income of 45,000). ::)

ZetZet

Thnks alot!

I will let my I-D and I-M more grow in other cities, and check the desiabilities for the Co$$$.

But can the low average income in my city be an obstacle for the growth of Co$$$?

And why does it take so long before those young unedducated people are wel educaded, i got an excellent education system in the city.

thnks,

RippleJet

Quote from: ZetZet on October 18, 2007, 05:06:15 AM
But can the low average income in my city be an obstacle for the growth of Co$$$?

The average income is just an informative property. It doesn't have any effect on your simulation. $%Grinno$%
Education does though. Is a similar drop in your EQ seen at the same time as the income drops?

The "rebirth" of R§§§ won't be an obstacle for your CO§§§ growth, but the Workforce Drives (Demand of Occupation) will shift from CO§§§ to all RCI types.

The drives for well educated R§§§ are 70% CO§§§, 35% CS§§§ and 35% IHT.
The drives for poorly educated R§§§ are 22% CO§§§, 60% CO§§, 10% CS§§§, 23% CS§§, 10% CS§, 15% IM, 15% ID and 16% IR.

As seen from your Census Repository query, the drives for CO§§§ are still pretty high though. :thumbsup:

Quote from: ZetZet on October 18, 2007, 05:06:15 AM
And why does it take so long before those young unedducated people are wel educaded, i got an excellent education system in the city.

Sims are getting educated all their lives. Thus, the best educated ones are those that are dying... &idea &scl() ()sick() :wings:

ZetZet

I've readed your topic about the workforce drives(thats some pretty high simcity-science), very interesting.

I have fixed half of the unemployment of the region( it was al located in a neighbour city) and i've started a new I-D and I-M city next to it. I hope this will give the Residental demand a boost.

Am i thinking the right way with that solution.

Thnks for the advice and the time taken for it writing it down!!!  :thumbsup: &apls

p.s. Is there an explanation for the sky high Commercial demand? is that because of the unemployment?

RippleJet

Quote from: ZetZet on October 18, 2007, 12:14:29 PM
Am i thinking the right way with that solution.

Yes, I think you are! :thumbsup:

Quote from: ZetZet on October 18, 2007, 12:14:29 PM
p.s. Is there an explanation for the sky high Commercial demand? is that because of the unemployment?

Yes, i would say so... likewise with the high IHT demand.